#31 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Local Club: EDMC AND MMC

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:04 AM

im glad useful people stay up late to help us students who don't have school/college/uni to go to

might get mine connected up 2mz although i need a mounting bracket for the cigi lighter now 'doh'

My pleasure im a student too!!
Could make a mount really easily with a drill....

#32 redhotminilewis

redhotminilewis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:06 AM

Quite easy to attach to Solenoid, just use a Ring connection or similar of the same size of the battery connection to the solenoid, and literally add it to the same terminal as to where the batter connects to the solenoid. (i cant remember exactly but its usually a threaded piece on teh solenoid, bit like a bolt, that the battery wire has a ring connector around, it is then tightened down by a washing locker and nut, so this means you can place 2 or more rings on the bolt thing, and then just tighten down with the nut to keep a connection with all the rings around the bolt thing)

sort of get you but i would have to have a look at my solenoid to fully understand but i cant because im wrapped up warm in my bed and its cold outside >_<

so the battery connector is attatched to the solenoid like a bolt and you basically whack a ring connector in between that and the washer and tighten.

#33 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:07 AM

im glad useful people stay up late to help us students who don't have school/college/uni to go to

might get mine connected up 2mz although i need a mounting bracket for the cigi lighter now 'doh'

My pleasure im a student too!!
Could make a mount really easily with a drill....

that would explain why your up so early aha

yeh my dad says we have some aluminum in the garage somewhere failing that ill scrounge around my room n see what
i can find.

(its amazing how pretty much 4 people can post so much in the space of an hour or so lol)

#34 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:08 AM

Quite easy to attach to Solenoid, just use a Ring connection or similar of the same size of the battery connection to the solenoid, and literally add it to the same terminal as to where the batter connects to the solenoid. (i cant remember exactly but its usually a threaded piece on teh solenoid, bit like a bolt, that the battery wire has a ring connector around, it is then tightened down by a washing locker and nut, so this means you can place 2 or more rings on the bolt thing, and then just tighten down with the nut to keep a connection with all the rings around the bolt thing)

sort of get you but i would have to have a look at my solenoid to fully understand but i cant because im wrapped up warm in my bed and its cold outside >_<

so the battery connector is attatched to the solenoid like a bolt and you basically whack a ring connector in between that and the washer and tighten.

thats what i understand from it. either get a fork terminal like it says in the guide or a ring terminal (im hoping the 8mm ring termials i have will do the job)
failing that i will go get fork terminals.

#35 redhotminilewis

redhotminilewis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:10 AM

im a student too! lol

an hour, wow thats gone fast lol. it pretty astonishing how much we have written lol.

by the way. im gunna put mine in my centre console. its made out of MDF, would it catch a light lol

#36 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:11 AM

Basically, the solenoid has a Threaded piece like a welded bolt, that ring and Fork connectors can use, to undo them you undo a nut tightening onto the Battery ring terminal on the threaded piece, once the nuts orff, you can then attach the second ring or fork connector to the threaded piece on the solenoid, once you have attached your connection replace the washer, and tighten the nut onto the 2 connectors on the threaded piece. Hope that esplains it.
Yer being a student means you have a fair amount of time on your hands!

#37 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:12 AM

well i mean it shouldn't do because companys make those things to hold them so i wouldn't of thought so

my mates one hasnt yet. may also make mine out of wood actually lol

just thought im going to be running a cb radio of my cigi lighter will the 27amp wire and 15amp fuse cope with that alright =/

#38 redhotminilewis

redhotminilewis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:13 AM

thats what i understand from it. either get a fork terminal like it says in the guide or a ring terminal (im hoping the 8mm ring termials i have will do the job)
failing that i will go get fork terminals.

awsome. well i got to go out and buy everything except the cigerette lighter because my dad has not brought me up well as he has no tools, no material and no sense and im and engineer. working in these conditions lol. cant wait till i get a job and can buy loads of tools and material and spend my free time making random stuff lol.

#39 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:15 AM

you wont need to buy tools if your going to be an engineer, just 'borrow them from the company' lol

ive been offered a full set of imperial sized tools must go look and see whats actually in the set aha

#40 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:16 AM

Actually we have written an aweful lot for such a simple well covered topic!

#41 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:17 AM

aha well thats what a forum is all about

i suppose we could have just left it at the link to minifinity

but then i reckon we would of all been bored aha

#42 redhotminilewis

redhotminilewis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:18 AM

yh, i borrowed tools from my school before. maybe i didnt ask but they were returned lol.

there should be a sub forum catagory called students rambling and it would be full of awsome posts and pointless convosations lol

#43 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:22 AM

soo much like how this one is getting >_< all be it still very useful

you should of waited till it was nearly end of school as in leaving then borrowed them for good lol.
im lucky my dad has lots of useful and useless tools lying about the garage to assist in the fixing of the mini

my favourite seems to be the mallet atm

#44 redhotminilewis

redhotminilewis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:26 AM

yh lol.

mallets and hammers are always the best tool. fixes everything. i have those in my garage lol.

hope i can get a lift down halfords now because i really want to do this now lol. stil cant belive weve written so much on such a simple topic lol.

#45 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:28 AM

the rate its going we will probs have more written lol

just make sure you print of a list of the stuff from the guide thats what i did
then just try and get as much of it as you can

i failed to get some heat shrink which reminds me i must go get some before i fit mine now haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users