#16 dazzul

dazzul

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Local Club: BODGE SPEED RACING

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:14 PM

For a standard 85 city e, im paying 1400 a year, only 18 and that was 5 days after i passed

direct line

#17 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

ok this is what ive come up with,
performance direct.
my sisters 5 years no claims
me as named driver WITH the mods aswell
£1,100.47

bargain

so if my sister now rings her insurance and takes her no claims off i will pay her the difference
(i think it will only go up by like 200)

id rather pay that 200 than £1700

sorted

just gotta wait for the money to come through to my bank and ill be making a call

#18 darren10_3

darren10_3

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:05 PM

[mate try this company there called hic heres the number 08451290290 i got insured with them at the start of this week on my mini rio for 390 a year fully comp got track day cover as well i can mod as much as i want as long as dont bore out engine and they dont mind about stage one or alloys or nothing dont cost no extra there a classic car inssurece and they no alot about minis guy i spoke to on phone drives one lol

#19 chappy

chappy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

ok this is what ive come up with,
performance direct.
my sisters 5 years no claims
me as named driver WITH the mods aswell
£1,100.47

bargain

so if my sister now rings her insurance and takes her no claims off i will pay her the difference
(i think it will only go up by like 200)

id rather pay that 200 than £1700

sorted

just gotta wait for the money to come through to my bank and ill be making a call

thats not really a good way of doing it (gov. are trying to fase it out/ out right ban) as it can turn out that your not that covered for much at all... (think its in that magazine you get when you pass too!)

and in technical backwards way you could be breaking the law.

Just so you know

Sam

(also, HIC are the sister company of adrian flux so its unlikely you'll find a better price between the two.)

#20 Leekr89

Leekr89

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 MINIS

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

i was having the same problems as you 19 with no no claims, try www.quotezone.co.uk its the cheapest quotations place i found, it was through flux direct which works for herts insurance and mine was a grand with a few mods declared (exhaust, wheels etc) they dont normally bump up the price with the mods as well which is abit of a bonus, the reason why i said to go through quotezone is that this way you can get an instant online quote otherwise you have to book a slot on the phone, but if you do carry out a policy with them you still have to ring them up and tell them about the mods as they dont add them online, its abit of a pain but it worked out great in the long run saved me about £800 compared to ecarinsurance which was gunna do it for over £1800.

#21 jplonie

jplonie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Local Club: www.lcmoc.com

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

Just skimmed this topic...
A few people have mentioned Footman James. I took out a policy with them for my mini when I was 19, it cost £600 that year. Now I'm 23 and it costs me £320/year.

Give them a call if you haven't already! (Try chatting the person on the other end of the phone up (obviously if it's a woman and your a bloke and you don't swing the other way etc) works a treat! :D )

J

#22 Mk1Jim

Mk1Jim

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:41 PM

Don't bother being a named driver it will only hurt you in the long run. Im pleased i took my own policy out at 17 as with 4 years no claims i can insure some pretty serious cars for under 500 quid, 635 CSI BMWs etc.

Seeing as your 19 i must reccomend HIC as previously mentioned. At 19 my MPI was insured with them with cat back and induction kit, fully comp for 600 wuid when everyone else want over 1k.

I have always been with them and they know what they are talking about when you phone them :D

#23 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:48 PM

[mate try this company there called hic heres the number 08451290290 i got insured with them at the start of this week on my mini rio for 390 a year fully comp got track day cover as well i can mod as much as i want as long as dont bore out engine and they dont mind about stage one or alloys or nothing dont cost no extra there a classic car inssurece and they no alot about minis guy i spoke to on phone drives one lol

i will try these in the morning,
i just read their thing on the website about how they know about minis and stuff and sounds really good
and loads of options aswell.

i can see this working out

#24 Jamez26

Jamez26

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

I would suggest you try moneysupermarket.com

do you have more than 2 of you in your family driving? because my brother got a deal with someone, i will find out when he is home later. anyway they do a multi-car policy where the more cars u get on the poilcy the cheaper basically.

#25 Jamez26

Jamez26

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

not just saving you money but your family aswell.

#26 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:21 PM

I would like to add that im the main driver and my dads the named driver not the other way round. So im earning my no clames.

Edited by Mini-jon, 24 June 2009 - 08:26 PM.

#27 redhotmini

redhotmini

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

I would like to add that im the main driver and my dads the named driver to the other way round. So im earning my no clames.

thats what i did, so the policy is in my name, but i put my dad on as a named driver as he has a tendency to borrow it :D . shaved a few extra quid off the price.

#28 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

I would like to add that im the main driver and my dads the named driver to the other way round. So im earning my no clames.

thats what i did, so the policy is in my name, but i put my dad on as a named driver as he has a tendency to borrow it :D . shaved a few extra quid off the price.

it also goes up when i do this tho

#29 AzMaN

AzMaN

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:54 PM

i havent got my insurence yet, but ive just rung around all the companies in the mini mags, on the net and noone could come close to the quote i got from aidrian flux, and thats without the 10% for TMF+ members. And my mini is farily well mod'ed aparently the only thing they class as a major mod is bhp improvements, and body mods ect dont affect the cost much atall which is good for me, the only thing thats standard in the engine :D

#30 MiniMonty

MiniMonty

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Local Club: Bodge Speed Racing

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:21 PM

I think I'm right in saying that on a '93 car alloy wheels are not a mod - surely it would have been supplied new
with alloys ?? Could be wrong, the Anorak would know.

Anyway, my tuppence worth is try Lancaster and insure it as a classic (you'll have to agree to an annual milage).
Or like many have said spend £10 to join TMF+ and get 10% off at Adrian flux - for the figures you're talking about
that's an instant hundred quid discount at minimum !

I'd definitely have your own policy and start building no claims (and with some like Lancaster "good driver") bonus.
I've found Admiral to be pretty good too.
Don't forget a lot more than you think depends on your postcode, whether the car is garaged overnight or not etc.,
So if you have a friendly relative who lives in a polite neighbourhood with a garage...

Best wishes
Monty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users