259 replies to this topic

#256 chuee

chuee

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 05:18 PM

I would like to replace the wings on my 1992 with side-indicator free. Is that going to affect MOT and also, modifications law, in your opinion?

Any car post 1st April 1986 will require a side repeater to be fitted, so if you fit wings without the provision you will need to add some "E" marked units elsewhere legally.

Thanks for quick reply Alex. Its good to be sure. 

I like indicators. They used to  be a  very nice considerate aspect to motoring on the public roads... surprisingly, indicating is still part of the driving test, would you beleive?

ANd now, armed even with side-indicators,  I only need to actually indicate :shy: ; I hope they test me too at the MOT... and all my frequent assailants  :nuke:  when I ride my motorcycle.

Lets hop the EU/Global corps go for visible indicators too (Can't claim it's my idea, its been done before) - like bold orange in a large round or square reflector - and ditch the dinky jewellery mods to indicators. Perhaps, we could have mandatory Lada indicators :w00t: , and a police force to stop cars that fail to Mirror-signal-indicate (only to save loss of life at the of the inconsiderate) - the police force could get rich quickly too.

Edited by chuee, 05 June 2022 - 05:19 PM.

#257 minisareme

minisareme

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 04:25 PM

hi all,,,minisareme here ,,,anyone help with this queery,,,,,,bought a classic mini saloon,,whats been to a convertable in the past ,,,on the logbook it states its still a saloon ,,,just advice i know i should contact dvla ,,,,seeking advice on this ,,as its a historic vehicle ,,,thanks lads and lasses //its been done properly too ,,thanks MINISAREME KEITH

#258 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 21 March 2023 - 04:34 PM

Can of worms,let sleeping dogs lie,don't poke the hornets nest etc could apply here.The difficulty is knowing what information is held on you're car or was it converted before 1988?with proof.Best scenario the car has been correctly registered as being converted.The worst removal of V5 and single vehicle approval test.Not too helpful.Steve..

#259 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 05:45 PM

IMO the biggest concern is whether you can insure it correctly.

#260 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,406 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 22 March 2023 - 12:23 AM

It would very likely fall foul of  the rules now. As above, it would depend on when the conversion was done, which would be up to you to prove.

A V5 I have, from 1986, does list body type on the change of particulars section. Guess you'd need an older version of this to see what options existed, though I don't think the definitions were very precise if there wasn't a tax or licensing implication.

Agree getting it insured correctly matters more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users