202 replies to this topic

#136 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:25 PM

Some of us got turned green so we couldn't misbehave as much :)

But still love minis :) And that's allll that counts!

#137 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:32 AM

what ever happened to that loud mouth northerner Beno

oh yeah we banned him :)

twice :) :(

#138 Loz248

Loz248

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Local Club: Surrey Hills Mini Group

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

I have only recently joined and found people really friendly and helpful. It's worth remembering, I think, that everyone sees things differently so a little tolerance goes a long way. I have a 15 yr old son so I'm getting good at tolerance. :)

#139 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:30 PM

Old People Does anyone remember me :thumbsup:

Mini been of the road for a year so I started to pop back :lol:

#140 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

no who are you ?

and i think your info under you avatar might need changing

#141 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

I've been on here a year know and I know at times my illegible posts have caused rage

But I think its only natural over winter especially near chrimbo peoples priorities change

You'll Never get rid of me tho had my mini longer than any of other car (7 cars in 3 years) what does that tell you

(The engines bloody good thats what haha)

Edited by Saxo-Fiesta-Mini, 01 December 2009 - 10:13 PM.

#142 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

i'm back after a short while away... had a hell of a lot going on in my life (always the way) and i'm now miniless again.
Back when i joined, there were probably 20 or 30 people who made the forum have its special feel, they weren't staff or admins but they had knowledge and tollerance. Of course, the Admins and Mods have an unenviable task dealing with what is a monster forum.

I know that a lot of people put in a huge amount of effort for this forum only to get sniped at from other people... and you only take so much of it before you turn your attention elsewhere.

When i first came on here, social networking sites hadn't really taken off, so this was THE social networking site for a lot of us... it was home and it was all we knew... everyone knew everyone else... some people had their moments, but once you got to know and understand them it was all good.

I got really annoyed with teenagers too young to drive posting threads about how they were going to build a zcars mini and have it on the road ready for their 17 birthday... i'm sure there was 2 or 3 a week at one point.... then i went to a show which there were quite a few chavs in corsa's at... and i just gave up!

I'm back now.... for now.... as i have lots of time on my hands.... may even get another mini... who knows!!!!

#143 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:58 PM

I got really annoyed with teenagers too young to drive posting threads about how they were going to build a zcars mini and have it on the road ready for their 17 birthday

i think they have moved onto turbo chargers haha...i was a bit of a dreamer but i knew i couldnt afford it so never said anything as out there as that :thumbsup:

#144 gregh55

gregh55

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Local Club: naaa

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

LOL hello gav . . did you have the black mini with the wide body kit on? that looked amazing :lol:

i think im one of those dreamers to be honest. . .but i WILL have it on the road before 21th of may 2010 :thumbsup:

#145 davidv

davidv

Flowers of JOY.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:58 AM

Well im an old 1963 model Minis were just the car to have even in my youth with mates about 20 of us saturdays working on them as a team glad your ok gav

#146 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Local Club: Rusty Nuts Minis, Leicester

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:17 AM

Wow, just seen I have been on here over 3 years! I had another ID before this for about a year, but cant remember it :thumbsup: It does seem to have changed on here, but there is nothing like the amount of arguing here that there is on other forums. Still the first place I go if I need help or info, as it is for many people on here. The atmosphere is good too on most threads, as long as you are able to remember its only t'internet not real life and there is no need to get too wound up!!

#147 redhotminilewis

redhotminilewis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:34 AM

Do i count as a young person who is bringing down the forum? :lol:

I'm fun, promise.

On another note, i told someone that i loved them on this forum before because they helped me with a problem that got mini red on the road again and they said i was being silly :lol: but they were of the older generation so i dunno :thumbsup:

On a serious note, i feel that the mood has become a little more tense since the start of the year but i cant put my finger on it. Maybe because the younger forum users (like myself) are being stereotyped and therefore are not as accepted as they may have been a few years ago. just a thought.

#148 Hannioli

Hannioli

• Members
  • 1,786 posts
  • Local Club: E.L.M.O & Essex

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

I kinda feel like an old timer on here but it's only been over 3 years since I joined :thumbsup: Seemed like after that summer loads of people joined. I'm still about here and there, posting once in a while, don't come on here as much as I used to but then again back then I was a student and had plenty of time to do nothing much!

TMF has lost it's small community feel and there's definitely not the same kind of banter as there used to be, but hey with expansion comes change and not all of it's been bad.

#149 davidv

davidv

Flowers of JOY.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

Lewis your fine and love your cars As stated in the forum rules it is a family site for all ages to enjoy cars and fine chat

#150 gregh55

gregh55

• Banned
  • 1,706 posts
  • Local Club: naaa

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

come on then! round up round up!! where are you?

i know a few have been back and gone. . . cant remember who mind :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users