202 replies to this topic

#166 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:36 AM

well im 29 this year maried with 3 kids i also subscribe to the tmf+ but i love to banter in posts and maybe act a little childish it's just me who i am i like to keep things light hearted if that brings the forum down i appologise but affraid i wont change who i am :)

Acting a little 'Childish' if you want to put it that way (having a laugh?) and keeping things light hearted wasn't what I personally was getting at. Light hearted jokey comments have a place on the forum to keep it a nicer happier place, that's been there since I started. I wouldn't necessarily call this being immature. It's more the type of immaturity that causes unnecessary arguments, and people that regularly throw their toys out of the pram and cause an air of bad feeling around the place.

#167 davidv

davidv

Flowers of JOY.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

Well at 47 i am old.Had my best years with my Minis and all my friends also had them we built loads.
Im Classic like the cars. :)

#168 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:54 AM

Too long, quietened down alot on the public forums :)

Now they've sent me out the back making cups of tea and being a PA to everyone, oh and buggering about at shows quite a bit.

#169 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:06 AM

I remember joining back near the start, I think I was within the first 150 joining (it used to tell you your member number years ago) 6 year 3 months later and I'm still here :)

#170 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:08 AM

I get the impression that myself and Ipod are frowned upon because when we get on a post together we cant stop being stupid we work too well together :)

#171 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:23 AM

i havnt been here half as long as a lot of the 'hardcore' members. but i am here everyday and although i am young (20 in a couple weeks) i like to think i have good principles.

dont get me wrong i like to have a laugh, but i wouldnt consider myself in the same boat that youngsters all seem to be thrown into

i hope people dont get fed up of me, and i hope that my posts and comments on here are helpful, and hope they can be as helpful as others have been with me

THANKYOU TMF!!!

#172 Carlzilla

Carlzilla

• Banned
  • 1,907 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:32 AM

im probably a pain in the nettherregion :)

but i joined tmf due to the knowledge it gave it, shortly after i became tmf+

i know i havent been here long but ive met some awesome members, seen some very good projects and learned things i never would have otherwise.

#173 Trail of Dead

Trail of Dead

taught his mini only to kill those who deserve it....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

I have been here since April of '09 I think? Anyhow, it feels like I have been here for ages as I am always reading stuff on here. I have since branched out and joined other forums (as well as a car club) that aren't Classic Mini only. I have met some nice people on here since joining: Roofless (Martin), Shifty (Sean), I think I met Guessworks, I sort of met Cookie while I was talking to Shifty.....I saw Stig and Juju.....I get the feeling that the "core" members are VERY VERY tight knit which is good. It does make members like me feel a little awkward though, I kinda had a hard time talking to other TMFers......seemed like it was all kind of "clicky". Like Darkscamp.....great guy I am sure, but just seemed like he wasn't in the mood to meet someone new. Oh well, still I have gained some insight into the world of Classic Minis and learned alot about the cars themselves along the way. I'll continue to be a member of TMF even after I have PCS'd back to the United States as I like to read the projects and I'll still want to keep in touch........and show off my American toys/projects!!

#174 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

Ive been on here a while now, over 4years :)

#175 Ipod

Ipod

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:09 PM

I get the impression that myself and Ipod are frowned upon because when we get on a post together we cant stop being stupid we work too well together :)

I dont know what you mean, i'm a piller of the community :)

#176 davidv

davidv

Flowers of JOY.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

High Ipod i was going to say the same for you.I think many things are like going to a new pub for the first time on your own.It takes a while to fit in.We all all love Cars here so its nice.
O and other i like the milk in my tea last with 3 sugers.Davids Playmate.VERN. :)

#177 Carlzilla

Carlzilla

• Banned
  • 1,907 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:30 PM

lol davidv, what are you on? i want some >_<

#178 Ipod

Ipod

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

High Ipod i was going to say the same for you.I think many things are like going to a new pub for the first time on your own.It takes a while to fit in.We all all love Cars here so its nice.
O and other i like the milk in my tea last with 3 sugers.Davids Playmate.VERN. >_<

Me is me and i dont change...and wont...some peaple should have thier funny bone re-attached, and lighten up a bit.....:)

but hey, thats a possible new thread in it's self....;)

2 sugers in mine by the way :)

#179 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

I can't stand sugar in my tea or coffee! Both need the milk though

#180 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

Im with ipod its who i am and the people close to wouldn't change it so dont expect anyone else to dont like the way i am dont talk to me or post after me simples >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users