#61 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:28 PM

Mounting hole centres are 57 mm approx and if you are still stuck, pull back the m-cyl rubber shroud and thebore is 19mm or 3/4" diameter...... :smartass:

Mark :wales:

#62 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:13 AM

Thanks Mark. I think the mounting hole centres are the same for both brake and clutch master cylinders, but I'm not sure about the bore- the one I've got is roughly 19mm as well.

I've come to the conclusion that I defo have a brake master cylinder though due to the orientation of the reservoir in relation to the foot! Oh well, at least clutch master cylinders aren't the most expensive things in the World.

Started plumbing the brake circuit in last night, but hit a few minor snags like getting used to my new pipe flarer :P and not having the correct copper washers for the banjo bolts on the subframe. It got to 10.45 and I was in fear of my nose falling off through frost bite, so I called it a day. I'm taking the day off work tomorrow so will hopefully get the front lines in, and the rears up to the flexi-hoses, which I don't have at the mo'.

Where did you guy's who've finished your cars get the rear flexi hoses from, and what size are the Granada fittings?

Thanks again for everyone's help :D

D.D.

#63 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 11:36 AM

I got mine off Chris for free as it said on the website that they were part of the kit!! Think he has changed that now...??

Otherwise, i think they are about £60 for a pair.

#64 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:50 PM

Yes, despite it still stating on the Z-cars website that the brake lines were part of the kit, it would appear they weren't part of my kit! :P

I don't want to go back to Chris with my hands held out either. I reckon I'll get them cheaper if I can source them direct, rather than through Chris, but it means knowing what to order first :D

#65 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:20 PM

I can check on my car and send you the sizes if you like?

#66 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:24 PM

Yes, despite it still stating on the Z-cars website that the brake lines were part of the kit, it would appear they weren't part of my kit! :P

I don't want to go back to Chris with my hands held out either. I reckon I'll get them cheaper if I can source them direct, rather than through Chris, but it means knowing what to order first :D

Right the rear calipers are sierra/granada calipers and the thread is metric M10 x 1 thread. Im piping mine in solid up the tunnel and using a teepiece off the old subframe and using goodridge fitting and hose for the two flexi's up the trailing arms and use a banjo type fitting for the caliper, they will cost about £30 for the 4 fittings and hose from my mate at demon tweeks, contact me if you want a good discount as i now exactly what you need?

Mark :wales:

#67 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:25 PM

Yes yes yes yes yes yes......

That'd be brill.

Thanks. :D
D.D.

#68 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:25 PM

I just looked on the zcars website and it doesn't say anything about brake hoses now so you must have got one of the earlier kits like mine!

What you do get now, which is why the price has gone up, is the front suspension, radiator, crash bar etc..

#69 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:30 PM

OOooops! Loads of replies in the time it took me to reply to the last question. I'll take Mark up on his kind offer, which means it'll save R1minimagic the trouble of measuring his set-up. Thanks for all the help guys :grin:

I'll give you a call Mark.
D.D

#70 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:32 PM

The flexible hoses need to be 30 inches long with a banjo fitting on one end to take the (10mm?) bolt. It doesnt matter what type of fitting you have on the other end as you are starting from a piece of copper brake pipe, so can please yourself.

#71 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:35 PM

:P :P :D Thanks for the measurement R1minimagic.

D.D.

#72 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:38 PM

On Pete and my minis we ran solid pipe to where the cage bolts to the floor finished it at a bracket then to a short length of braided flexi hose to another bracket then to copper pipe to the caliper. Looks much tidier than great big lengths of braided hose. Only potential problem is if you want to adjust the trailing arm at all you don't have the same sort of "slack" available due to the shorter flexi pipe :nugget:

#73 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:56 PM

An early installation pic of mine showing the brake pipes. I used a T piece to route a copper pipe to each side of the car, terminating at each trailing arm. Then routed the flexible hose from Chris to each caliper.

#74 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:56 PM

:D

#75 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:10 PM

Been very cold of late so not got much to report, also had a move of job, so don't have the same freedom to post as before, but I'm working on it!

BIG thanks to Markrally for sorting my rear hoses out. It's really great to find such a friendly helpful bunch. :angry: :angry: :thumbsup:

More soon....

D.D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users