#47 84MiniMayfairAlex

84MiniMayfairAlex

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:38 PM

Heres mine! :P

2 12" in the boot in a custom box :P fits in fine without the right hand side boot board bit in place.

Posted Image

MY GOD!

Ermmm is that a goood or bad "MY GOD!" ? :cry:
I must admit, it is abit to bassy, the sound doesnt really enter the car as much as id like it to, and it seems to be escapping through the boot seal, but i want to cut 2 6x9 holes in the parcel shelf and leave them black and just put 2 6x9 grilles over them to cover the holes, hope it allows the air to enter the cabin more :cry:.

Jack

Its Somewhat Beastly !!!

Think That Would Be A Good Idea With Those 6x9 grilles tho

#48 jaystar89

jaystar89

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:21 PM

Heres mine! :P

2 12" in the boot in a custom box :P fits in fine without the right hand side boot board bit in place.

Posted Image

MY GOD!

Ermmm is that a goood or bad "MY GOD!" ? :errr:
I must admit, it is abit to bassy, the sound doesnt really enter the car as much as id like it to, and it seems to be escapping through the boot seal, but i want to cut 2 6x9 holes in the parcel shelf and leave them black and just put 2 6x9 grilles over them to cover the holes, hope it allows the air to enter the cabin more :cry:.

Jack

Flip the subs so they are facing up, Cut a few holes the same size as the air vents in the parcel shelf & stick some chrome surrounds over them to polish it up. Subs look great in your mini though!

Ive just bought a pair of Boss audio 750RMS (per unit) subs. 1500RMS total - Should be fun. Got a 300watt rms set of 6.5" & 400watt rms 6x9's as well & a few amps to run them off.

I am basically planning on building the boot liner so that it has the symmetrical enclosures on either side. But instead of mounting the sub in the right enclosure, im going to sink the sub into the spare wheel well and build a second false floor about 5 inches over that. Ill then cut out a square directly over the sub and add perspex to the underside so the sub can be seen. Ill then cut 4 air holes so the compression is the same equally around the sub. I can now have some shopping in the boot! Also your probably wandering why I bothered building the symmetrical fuel enclosure when theres nothing in it. Well i will be making a door so i can use it as a compartment. in this compartment, at the right hand side against the side of the mini will be my amp, and the floor space will probably be taken up by tools, cd's etc.

I may decide to make some fiberglass speaker pods, but im not sure where ill be making these for untill i have had a good think as id rather not have them as foot well kicker speakers :cry:

Edited by jaystar89, 13 November 2009 - 11:22 PM.

#49 Jimmy Hat

Jimmy Hat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

The best one you can get in the boot will be a Vibe CBR10. Fits lovely, with just enough room for another amp or 2 if you plan it right. Sounds good too, well worth the ~£200 quid if you ask me.

I've got pictures of that up here somewhere, searching for 'vibe cbr10' might work but i'll post a link up if I find them.

Your Not The First One To Say That, Im Looking For A Amp And Sub Enclosure That Can Be Removed As Quick As Poss to be honest Thanks Anyway

Yup, that would be the CBR10 :thumbsup: but if it's not what you're after then fair dos!

#50 shnevpayne

shnevpayne

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Local Club: Minisunlimited

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:02 AM

I have to say I do like the old 2 12" sub in the boot job, I have done the same in mine, but oh wait whats that, oh yeah I forgot to mention, theres another 2 12"subs in the car.... Oh and theres still a perfectly useable back seat? Magic! I love my bass.

Tho I keep hearing around the place, too much bass losens subframe bolts. Tho I'm inclined not to believe it if they are rusted on. Will photo it asap.

#51 Jimmy Hat

Jimmy Hat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:09 AM

Please do :D

#52 84MiniMayfairAlex

84MiniMayfairAlex

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

Yes Yes Yes Please Doo!!

#53 jaystar89

jaystar89

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:33 PM

I have to say I do like the old 2 12" sub in the boot job, I have done the same in mine, but oh wait whats that, oh yeah I forgot to mention, theres another 2 12"subs in the car.... Oh and theres still a perfectly useable back seat? Magic! I love my bass.

Tho I keep hearing around the place, too much bass losens subframe bolts. Tho I'm inclined not to believe it if they are rusted on. Will photo it asap.

Get them up :dontgetit:

#54 shnevpayne

shnevpayne

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:05 PM

Right here we are sorry for the late reply have been having " issues " with the car and getting the bloody thing started (new engine) but nvm. Anyway here we are... in the back seat we have sub...
Posted Image
...and sub!
Posted Image
AND FULL BACK SEAT (covered in stuff atm)! Unlike sometimes when you have it overlapping into the seat I still can fit 4 people in the car!
Posted Image

And I cant find a pic of the subs in the boot, and have taken them out for the minute, but if you look a few posts back you'll get the general idea with that too.

Dunno whats going on with the carpet atm must tidy up in there!
Al

Edited by shnevpayne, 18 November 2009 - 04:06 PM.

#55 Brams96

Brams96

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

shnevpayne - What are the sub boxes made out of & did you make them yourself? I have just completed a box very similar to yours but I'm putting in a Sony 10" 330Wrms Slim Sub.

#56 shnevpayne

shnevpayne

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:04 PM

Blooming internet keepc crashing....
Anyway I used 8mm MDF sealed with fibreglass on the inside All Home made stuff. All of my sound systems are. I am considering venting them but we shall see depending on what the quality is like before n after. Good thing about MDF if it doesnt work then Ill just fibreglass it back in!.

Edited by shnevpayne, 18 November 2009 - 08:05 PM.

#57 84MiniMayfairAlex

84MiniMayfairAlex

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:04 PM

Right here we are sorry for the late reply have been having " issues " with the car and getting the bloody thing started (new engine) but nvm. Anyway here we are... in the back seat we have sub...
Posted Image
...and sub!
Posted Image
AND FULL BACK SEAT (covered in stuff atm)! Unlike sometimes when you have it overlapping into the seat I still can fit 4 people in the car!
Posted Image

And I cant find a pic of the subs in the boot, and have taken them out for the minute, but if you look a few posts back you'll get the general idea with that too.

Dunno whats going on with the carpet atm must tidy up in there!
Al

Wow, What Are Those Boxes Made From?

#58 shnevpayne

shnevpayne

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:06 PM

(See post above)

#59 84MiniMayfairAlex

84MiniMayfairAlex

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:09 PM

(See post above)

Ahh Cheers Mate, What Did You HAve In Your Boot?

#60 Brams96

Brams96

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:10 PM

More questions:
Do they protrude down into the rear bins?
What sort of volume are they?
Mine goes down & takes up as much of the rear bin as I could get it in to (still leaving room for the belt) and is about 16 litres. It was a pig to make because of all the differet angles, but I used 9mm mdf and fiberglassed te inside just like yours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users