#16 ChrisCityE

ChrisCityE

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:55 PM

I don't agree with this "Deseaming lowers the value of a car"

Unless you have deseamed a particularly special car like a Mk1 or kept it 99% original then it doesn't matter if its deseamed, it will ADD value.

The fact is, cars that get deseamed get customised and you wouldn't want to spend loads returning it to original. I deseamed mine because it was a crappy City E, the lowest of the low base model of the time and it is currently worth more as it is now than it would be in original condition.

Really like the look of your car, if I were after a Mini then I don't think 1500 is too bad a price for it!

#17 sazal

sazal

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, I reckon £1500 ish for it as well, but then that depends on how good the finish is on it (which you cant really tell on pictures, so you'd have to be the judge of that)

But as others have said, a few finishing touches will bump the price up quite a bit. ;)

#18 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Local Club: ...

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:58 AM

i have 6x10 wellers and some sportspack arches that i can put on.

with the wheels, arches and maybe a grille do you reckon i can get something more like £2500?

#19 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:07 AM

No chance....

#20 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:13 AM

A grand tops.

#21 Minigirl

Minigirl

With Steve

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

A grand tops.

not necesserily. the mini might be exactly what someone is looking for and would be willing to pay a lot more than that. it's just finding the right buyer for it - depends how long you're willing to hold onto it i guess

i cant say how much i would pay for it because without seeing it in real life, i dont know how good the paint job is, how well it's been de-seamed, the extent of rust on the car etc pictures always do a mini justice and theres far too many bodge jobs/unfinished projects out there which arent even worth the effort

but put the wheels and arches on, grill, give it a good clean and polish then try and sell

and remeber a minis only worth what someones willing to pay regardless of how much you've spent on it

#22 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

No chance....

no chance of acheiving £2500? why not?

A grand tops.

really? seems very low...

i cant say how much i would pay for it because without seeing it in real life, i dont know how good the paint job is, how well it's been de-seamed, the extent of rust on the car etc pictures always do a mini justice and theres far too many bodge jobs/unfinished projects out there which arent even worth the effort

the paint is mint, there is no rust and none of this car is anyway a 'bodge', nor is it unfinished really as it has tax and MOT...

i thought the car would be worth more than £1500 - people advertise crappy 1.3's with bubbles everywhere for more than this...

#23 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

let's get down to the basics here...

For all intense purposes this is built as a weekend/trackday sort of car...

It's not what you would call an everyday vehicle, there's no back seat for the kids, there's no room in the boot for shopping, it has a rollcage with door bars, a flip front, deseamed. essentially it's an engine, shell, steering wheel and seat...

Great if you want a weekend car, but who wants to pay 2.5k for a trackday car done to your specification...

#24 secondopsman

secondopsman

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:06 PM

let's get down to the basics here...

For all intense purposes this is built as a weekend/trackday sort of car...

It's not what you would call an everyday vehicle, there's no back seat for the kids, there's no room in the boot for shopping, it has a rollcage with door bars, a flip front, deseamed. essentially it's an engine, shell, steering wheel and seat...

Great if you want a weekend car, but who wants to pay 2.5k for a trackday car done to your specification...

I tend to agree
Sounds harsh
But true
Pete

#25 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

so what do you think needs to be done to my specification to increase the price from £1500 because i wouldnt want to sell it for that.

#26 me madjoe 90

me madjoe 90

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Local Club: Fylde Mini Club

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

how it is now id say 1500 - 1700 and thats abit high

look at your target market and try floging it to them as they probly arnt going to come looking for it
i.e
- track days and things
- i know it sounds bad but Chavs love this sort of stuff they my be willing to pay
- adverts in proformance parts shops and ask around

Since you target marked is sporty with those wheels it isnt helping sell

Low and wide is the way to go chuck some wide wheels on arches and a grill and will look better, clean out interior get rid of rusty bit or dirt cant realy tell on floor give a lick of black paint or put carpet or matts in.

This should all get it gone fast and if you lucky some one might pay a few extra quid for it but id say no more than 1900 and thats if they had there hearts set on it

In the end its a Mini we all love them on hear but they sold them for £500 when they were new they always were a cheap car and always have been they have apriciated in value quite abit but you are never going to get lots of money for one No Matter How Much Of Work You Have Done or love and care its been given................. unless its a rare car like MK1 .

Any way hope you get it sold and get your money you payed for it back at least

#27 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:40 AM

nice one joe.

yeah ive decided to finish it off over january and try and sell it then, with wide arches, wellers, mk1 grille and some carpet inside.

hopefully will push the price up a bit and make it more appealing too.

i think ill try to advertise it in as many place as possible, on here, minifinity, pistonshead, autotrader etc. good idea on the performance parts shops!

will post pictures once its done for re-valuation.

cheers

#28 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:41 PM

To maximise your return I would fit a standard tank and sell on the other one on ebay etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users