#91 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:05 PM

Me and Barry will be joining in from Reading, we have the travelodge at the services booked :teehee: ekkkkkk so excited, my first Riv Run!

x

Which Travelodge is it ? I want to split my journey up instead of having to set off at silly o clock on saturday morning ;)

The one at the services :wub: was a bargain when we booked

x

Ye but which services ? ;)

I'm guessing Reading services.

#92 miniman retford

miniman retford

Most Definitely Not Beer Powered....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • Local Club: Lincs ford group

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

Me and Barry will be joining in from Reading, we have the travelodge at the services booked :wub: ekkkkkk so excited, my first Riv Run!

x

Which Travelodge is it ? I want to split my journey up instead of having to set off at silly o clock on saturday morning ;)

The one at the services :) was a bargain when we booked

x

Ye but which services ? :teehee:

Thanks ;)

#93 mini_gurl84

mini_gurl84

Queen Of Innuendo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

this run although semi-organised is classed as an unoffical run. it starts from reading services westbound on the sat of may bank holiday,(the first one in may..) plaques are handed out on a first come-first served basis out of the back of a miniworld mini in the services carpark, usually aroud 8am. detail of stops etc will be printed in miniworld nearer the time but there is no set time plan/route to take, the info in the mag is where the mini world mini etc will be stopping, which is pretty much ever single services along the motorway. this takes forever if you do it this way but if your in a group you can pick and choose as there is minis no matter where you choose to stop. its pretty much make your way down to newquay in your own style kinda thing.... i have been going for the past 7 years and no two are ever the same. :-

#94 LunaMini

LunaMini

"Bec, honk my horn!!!!"

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Foresters

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:07 PM

Me and Barry will be joining in from Reading, we have the travelodge at the services booked :) ekkkkkk so excited, my first Riv Run!

x

Which Travelodge is it ? I want to split my journey up instead of having to set off at silly o clock on saturday morning :-

The one at the services :) was a bargain when we booked

x

Ye but which services ? :(

Correct! Makes sense to stay where we're starting from, saves a stupidly early morning!

x

#95 benb12

benb12

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini Club

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:17 PM

run to the sun is a lot bigger event than the riviera run so don't see the camping area being full

Can you give me a breakdown of the whole event? Where and when people meet etc.

show and shine, traders and the run are on sunday

the rest is up to you

this run although semi-organised is classed as an unoffical run. it starts from reading services westbound on the sat of may bank holiday,(the first one in may..) plaques are handed out on a first come-first served basis out of the back of a miniworld mini in the services carpark, usually aroud 8am. detail of stops etc will be printed in miniworld nearer the time but there is no set time plan/route to take, the info in the mag is where the mini world mini etc will be stopping, which is pretty much ever single services along the motorway. this takes forever if you do it this way but if your in a group you can pick and choose as there is minis no matter where you choose to stop. its pretty much make your way down to newquay in your own style kinda thing.... i have been going for the past 7 years and no two are ever the same. :kiss:

Thanks for clearing that up, I'll meet at Reading services on the Saturday then, it's on the way for me. :w00t:

#96 Roo

Roo

The Queen Of The Curly Wurly

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,656 posts
  • Local Club: South Central Mini Club!

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

run to the sun is a lot bigger event than the riviera run so don't see the camping area being full

Can you give me a breakdown of the whole event? Where and when people meet etc.

show and shine, traders and the run are on sunday

the rest is up to you

this run although semi-organised is classed as an unoffical run. it starts from reading services westbound on the sat of may bank holiday,(the first one in may..) plaques are handed out on a first come-first served basis out of the back of a miniworld mini in the services carpark, usually aroud 8am. detail of stops etc will be printed in miniworld nearer the time but there is no set time plan/route to take, the info in the mag is where the mini world mini etc will be stopping, which is pretty much ever single services along the motorway. this takes forever if you do it this way but if your in a group you can pick and choose as there is minis no matter where you choose to stop. its pretty much make your way down to newquay in your own style kinda thing.... i have been going for the past 7 years and no two are ever the same. :tumble:

Thanks for clearing that up, I'll meet at Reading services on the Saturday then, it's on the way for me. :P

Look out for a Purple mini Equinox with South Central Mini Club stickers in the Rear Quarter Windows and a massive CB arial. That will be me LOL

#97 luvlygal

luvlygal

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

I'm booked up for camping and am bringing my mate with me :thumbsup:

Think we'll be heading down on the Friday and coming back on the Monday. Seeing as I wont be driving a mini ( :) :thumbsup: ) I may as well make the 11 hours driving worth it!

#98 cherryblossom

cherryblossom

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Local Club: medievil minis

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

hey,
Are people meeting on the saturday instead of the friday this year?. im staying til the tuesday cant wait!!!

#99 miniman retford

miniman retford

• Members
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:52 AM

Getting exited now :thumbsup:

Only 54 days to go :)

#100 Heather&Henrietta

Heather&Henrietta

Boobs + Batteries = Trouble!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • Local Club: JMC & BMC

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:08 PM

Thought it was less than that Nige? :thumbsup:

#101 Hannioli

Hannioli

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts
  • Local Club: E.L.M.O & Essex

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

hey,
Are people meeting on the saturday instead of the friday this year?. im staying til the tuesday cant wait!!!

Most people do the run on Saturday as this is when Mini World and most minis go down!

#102 miniman retford

miniman retford

• Members
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

Thought it was less than that Nige? :thumbsup:

Oh you been counting ? :) :thumbsup:

#103 Heather&Henrietta

Heather&Henrietta

Boobs + Batteries = Trouble!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • Local Club: JMC & BMC

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

No, but you certainly have, if you care to look at my Facebook wall :thumbsup:

#104 cherryblossom

cherryblossom

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Local Club: medievil minis

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

okies i didnt get down til saturday night last time so ill head down on the run i think :thumbsup:

#105 ScottyBoi

ScottyBoi

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:21 PM

I'm booked up for camping and am bringing my mate with me :)

Think we'll be heading down on the Friday and coming back on the Monday. Seeing as I wont be driving a mini ( :thumbsup: :techsupport: ) I may as well make the 11 hours driving worth it!

About time you booked this! :P

Are you meeting Us on the way? :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users