#16 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:24 AM

well got a quote with ALL mods declared like all the suspencion the new engine the sccr box soon to be in it, wheels, exhaust absolutly evrything...

about £900 quid fully comp and thats without the TMF discount with adrian flux... im only 19 so well chuffed.

lovely :thumbsup:

now just to get the last 200 quid and buy my gearbox :D CANT WAIT! i miss driving the little 1

19, all mods on my mini declared. (goes onto 2 sides of A4 paper).

£540. Do I win?

#17 sazal

sazal

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:31 AM

I don't understand how insurance companies come up with their prices, i've been with footman James since I passed my test 3 years ago cause they've always given me good quotes, whereas flux have always wanted double!! Surely where you live etc can't make that much difference! It's rediculous :D I'm 20, been driving my mini since I was 17 and they still want £500ish tpft with mods declared (minilights, interior and stage 1 kit).

#18 Matt.P

Matt.P

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:45 AM

What really annoys me is that the insurance company wants to charge me stupid prices and yet you'll see a modified saxo (I know it's cliche) with a bodykit, alloy wheels and a whopping great stereo and two things pass through your mind.

1. How are they able to afford insurance on that, or are they another uninsured driver?
2. Have they told the insurance company about all those mods?

This is why I call up each insurance company explaining that my car is only capable of 0-60 in 3 hours and has a top speed of about 70 and they insist that it's purely because I am young....... Does that mean your insurance could go down of you add modifications such as a pipe rack and tweed trimmed seats?

Insurance companies are theives......even *willy* Turpin wore a mask.

#19 richardsoniscool

richardsoniscool

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Local Club: Bury Mini Club

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:06 AM

go to footman james they gave me a good quote on my 850. but now with a 1275 in there the cheapest i can get is 0ver £1000 im 20 with 2 NCB and only stage one kit and cooper s brakes as mods, dont understand, why its so much more, i dont live in a city either???

#20 robtheplod

robtheplod

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:24 AM

I would think there is an age cap on this competition - mine is £112 fully comp with flux, but I am a tad older ... :D

#21 skaterava

skaterava

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:35 AM

Adrian Flux wouldn't even insure me. I'm 19 and the only mod i have are the 12x6 wheels. it's a 998 and i live in Hertfordshire, one of the safest parts of the country. i dislike them. :D

Edited by skaterava, 16 January 2010 - 09:36 AM.

#22 wardyxxx

wardyxxx

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Club

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:09 AM

Fully comp, all mods, ect................................£289!

AND I'm 19, its been the same since I was 17!

I LOVE farmers insurance!

:D

#23 minimad01

minimad01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:14 AM

17 soon had a qoute for my 998 mini fully comp £1200 although wen i first done 1 they wanted £5000 :D

#24 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:22 PM

has anyone thought about not calling it a "stage 1 kit"??

i mean it just makes it sound like its a racing car even though its only a mini!

why not say it has a new exhaust?

with insurance they will count anything and everything and charge you a fortune for it, i mean if you say you've uprated the brakes for example from old fashioned drums, they see that as a performance enhancer, when surely its just better safety??

i dont know if its just me??
but i can see why youngsters drive without insuance!

#25 dmdangermouse

dmdangermouse

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Local Club: Staffs Minis

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

19, just got quoted £500 fully comp for my mpi.

Not to bad :D

#26 DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:47 AM

well got a quote with ALL mods declared like all the suspencion the new engine the sccr box soon to be in it, wheels, exhaust absolutly evrything...

about £900 quid fully comp and thats without the TMF discount with adrian flux... im only 19 so well chuffed.

lovely :P

now just to get the last 200 quid and buy my gearbox :thumbsup: CANT WAIT! i miss driving the little 1

Good to hear!! look forward to a mini adventure hey!

Dan

#27 sazal

sazal

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,512 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:55 AM

go to footman james they gave me a good quote on my 850. but now with a 1275 in there the cheapest i can get is 0ver £1000 im 20 with 2 NCB and only stage one kit and cooper s brakes as mods, dont understand, why its so much more, i dont live in a city either???

Putting a 1275 engine in isnt the same as insuring a 1275 Mini (standard), its seen as being a modification, so therefore bumps up the price loads. :thumbsup:

has anyone thought about not calling it a "stage 1 kit"??

i mean it just makes it sound like its a racing car even though its only a mini!

why not say it has a new exhaust?

They go on the power increase it should give your Mini (I think its about 8bhp for a stage one on a 998!)

#28 miniman86

miniman86

• Members
  • 1,939 posts
  • Local Club: smag, Waltham Abby

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

i'm 23, have 2 minis insured at the mo, my red one with all mods declared, including a modified 1275 engine, uprated suspension, brakes, alloys etc, comes in at £210, and my minivan comes in at £171, i've been driving since i was 17 and i have another car on the road aswell, so both the minis are on limited mileage! isn't bad is it?

Alex

#29 minimotor_JD

minimotor_JD

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:06 PM

I'm 21 and got a quote from them, declaring every about the mini I will be doing to it and have fitted to it and quoted me £520. 2 years no claims.

#30 Twincam

Twincam

• Members
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:19 PM

Would the No Claims Bonus built up on my bike be valid for No Claims Bonus on a car?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users