Photo

Would Anyone Use This?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Poll: 360 viewer, is it worth it? (179 member(s) have cast votes)

should I make this application like pugmodder for the mini, or give it a 360 viewer?

1. keep it like pugmodder (27 votes [15.08%])

Percentage of vote: 15.08%

2. give it a 360 viewer (152 votes [84.92%])

Percentage of vote: 84.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 LukeH

LukeH

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

I really like this idea and I would be keen to get my hands on it when it's released. Keep up the good work!

Luke.

#47 Nick '91

Nick '91

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:16 PM

Any updates? Keen to have a play, even if its a basic version you release early.

Edited by Nick '91, 10 February 2010 - 06:17 PM.

#48 bakker110

bakker110

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:01 AM

IF you made it downloadable you would have to make it cross OS compatible so it works on windows mac and maybe linux. Keeping it online and flash only you would have that problem solved before you start. Like you said the internet's fast enough these days to run it.

#49 the-green-monkey

the-green-monkey

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Local Club: Durham mini club

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:08 AM

Sounds like a great idea, gotta say agree with bakker110 there however on keepin it on the tinternet, definately a better idea than downloads, unless maybe you could do both :)

Edited by the-green-monkey, 11 February 2010 - 12:09 AM.

#50 strugglingstudent

strugglingstudent

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:27 AM

Ok guys, hopefully i will have a version for you guys to play with next week, it wont be anything amazing, just one model to choose from and you will only be able to change the colours of body parts, maybe able to change the arches. At the moment im in talks with companies regarding the representation of their products using this application. Im currently working in flash but i have had a quick look into making it downloadable and have found a way to make it entirely cross compatible. However, until the application is entirely complete i will be reluctant to release alpha copies. Being that this is my final year project and that should someone reverse engineer my application and re-make it not only could this ruin my project, it could also ruin my job chances afterwards. Im not in anyway saying that anyone here would do that, but because the forums are open and the application would be hosted on my site it would be fairly easy to find. my next post will be letting everyone know where to find the beta model. like ive mentioned before, for the time being it will be based on the pugmodder style and will be built up from there

#51 Nick '91

Nick '91

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:26 PM

Sounds great, but do i have to wait till next week? Full version will be awesome.

#52 randomelginguy

randomelginguy

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:41 AM

I was thinking about making an application like this a week or two ago, but I will leave all the hard work to you instead :thumbsup:.

You are a bit crazy for not expecting money from anybody though, all that modelling and programming would take ages.

I'm sure most mini parts companies would pay to either put this on their site or give you a small amount per transaction that goes through your tool. I mean not for you to make money ( although with this product I'm sure it could ), mainly so you can pay for your own time and make it more likely that you can keep working on it on the future and make an amazing tool.

I'm saying it mainly because I don't want to see this program get made, then you get a full time job after uni then we don't see updates regularly :).

Unity3D is probably worth having a look at sometime if you want 3D Models in browsers crossplatform. Probably worth having a look at the licensing rules for it before developing ( they often are free, until you make money then they charge you a few grand and then lots of royalties ).

Best of luck though!

#53 steelelfc

steelelfc

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

this is a brilliant idea, something I'd definitely pay for

#54 LukeH

LukeH

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:39 PM

this is a brilliant idea, something I'd definitely pay for

Agreed, but lets keep it free in beta for the people that responded to your post! :lol:

Luke.

#55 Joester

Joester

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:57 PM

This would be far better than a lot of other 'Create your car' type things out there on the 'net.

#56 Foxy10

Foxy10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Local Club: Crewe's Missiles

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

this 1 is obviously not as good as yours sounds like it is goin to be but i thought id put it on here anyway

http://www.plmini.com/buildit.htm

gud luk with yours by the way :lol:

#57 steelelfc

steelelfc

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:37 PM

not meaning to sound like a cheeky git, but is there any chance you could add the Van to the line-up, later on down the line?

Edited by steelelfc, 17 February 2010 - 05:37 PM.

#58 giacomo

giacomo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:12 PM

i cant wait for this! :P :xxx:

#59 Foxy10

Foxy10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Local Club: Crewe's Missiles

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:10 PM

any update on this?

cheers :shifty:

#60 jameslearwood

jameslearwood

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Local Club: ALL ALONE

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:26 PM

This genius and would be brill for deciding on colour scheme's, artwork and decals as well as modifications.
The interior version is more important than engine as the engine is firstly technical as opposed to style and looks.

Good idea to build it up in stages as you can get good feedback and develop the program further plus pleasing all us impatient folks..

The link to commercial sites is very good in terms of business, companies will be biting your hand off to be part of it.

Can i just say the roof view with a good range of decals and custom decals would be awesome as i have no clue what to put on mine.

Will this be developed in terms of models also as there is differences from the original mini and some of the later rover mini's

Just to point out the Need for Speed generation games especially the underground one. are brill for this but they just don't have a mini on and its american based.

Good luck can't wait to have a bash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users