Photo

Need Some Help With Cutting My Arches Out.......

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

ok i have cut my whole boot floor out, cut off the boot to arch subframe mounts, rear valance, and i have just finished taking the three skins from what the valance, boot floor and outer rear section is.

the arches also are quite bad so i am replacing them, i need to cut out my arches both rear and i have been googling it but cant find any examples...

basically i have just ordered both rear arches (full panels) and just need some help showing me where to cut and how to get them out easily

i also need some examples or help etc on where to weld the arches back in, i no obviously where i cut the arches out from i need to weld the new arches back but i was wondering if they are spotted on the arch lip etc.

i am hoping to keep the seat belt brackets in tacked of the mini can anyone help me???

heres a picture of what i am thinking of...

Attached Files

#2 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:53 PM

any help at all would be great, i just need some ideas/ guidelines please...

#3 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

So out of the 35040 users on this site theres not one person that can give me a little advice on the arches... what a reliable forum, or maybe i should just ask what wheels to put on it or what stupid sub i should put in the back of it because thats reli what minis are all about arent they, buy a mini join on here make out u know everything about them which clearly u know nothing, have rust dripping off it and just boj it all up with filler and fibreglass, and respray it and make out uve done a brillient job of it. wow u lot are so helpful on here. nearly as helpful as the joke company minisport.

#4 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:20 PM

Rant over yet?

Im sure shifty will be along shortly to help you out

Right what sub shall i install......:dontgetit:

#5 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

Rant over yet?

Im sure shifty will be along shortly to help you out

Right what sub shall i install......:dontgetit:

sorry but i hav asked so many times and people havent helped at all, but at least there is one person that actually has the decency to reply i appreciate that thankyou, i dont mean to insult anyone but it annoys me wen you cant do something and nobody will help... lol

#6 mars red mike

mars red mike

• Members
  • 1,500 posts
  • Local Club: Bodge Speed Racing

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

Maybe you should calm down, cut the attitude and the foul language and be a bit more patient. If you dont like the forum no one is forcing you to stay.

#7 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

Maybe you should calm down, cut the attitude and the foul language and be a bit more patient. If you dont like the forum no one is forcing you to stay.

and see this is the sort of replies you have to result to, nobody cares what u think so mate, just **go away** off yh. at least minibonkerz had the decency to write something constructive, i dont want to hear your rules and regulations, oh and last thing... dont tell me what to do.

#8 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

and see this is the sort of replies you have to result to, nobody cares what u think so mate, just fu ck off yh. at least minibonkerz had the decency to write something constructive, i dont want to hear your rules and regulations, oh and last thing... dont tell me what to do.

oh sorry what is that you have in big bold letters..... erm i think it says...... BODGE SPEED RACING well thts just summed u up in three words.

Edited by minialf, 30 January 2010 - 10:31 PM.

#9 mars red mike

mars red mike

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

Threats and insults are easy aren't they from behind your monitor.

#10 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:39 PM

Threats and insults are easy aren't they from behind your monitor.

being as i havent threatened you once, and havent once insulted either i think ur completely incorrect bodge, mate if u think i am insulting u by stating facts u must be walking round with ur eyes wide closed.

Edited by minialf, 30 January 2010 - 10:39 PM.

#11 mars red mike

mars red mike

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

and see this is the sort of replies you have to result to, nobody cares what u think so mate, just fu ck off yh. at least minibonkerz had the decency to write something constructive, i dont want to hear your rules and regulations, oh and last thing... dont tell me what to do.

Sounds like a threat to me. Why are you being so aggressive? I have done nothing to you.

#12 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

The rear arche's are spot welded in and you will require a drill i think it's about 4mm bit you need follow the spots inside the arch on the lower lip you may have to clean the muck off first of all and you will have to take the rear seats out as there are also spot welds there too hope it helps

#13 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

The rear arche's are spot welded in and you will require a drill i think it's about 4mm bit you need follow the spots inside the arch on the lower lip you may have to clean the muck off first of all and you will have to take the rear seats out as there are also spot welds there too hope it helps

minibonkerz! thankyou, thats all i needed to know if they are welded on the lip, really appreciate u giving me that advice,

thanks again.

#14 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:46 PM

No worries i had forgoten i had done this only 8 months ago how bad is that the seat belt brackets will require you to be careful but can be kept in

#15 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

If you feel where the lip is and where it connects to the boot that the line the welds run along if you know what i mean it's about 25mm from the bottom of the arch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users