Photo

Need Some Help With Cutting My Arches Out.......

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

MiniAlf, Please remember this is a family forum and there is no need for the outbursts.

Not many people are confident enough to give advice over body panel replacement. Your post has been on just coming up for 3 hours, given time one of the more experienced members would have been along

If you feel you are being unfairly treated then feel free to PM one of the Admins with your complaint.

#17 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:50 PM

No worries i had forgoten i had done this only 8 months ago how bad is that the seat belt brackets will require you to be careful but can be kept in

ok basically, the mini is a bare shell almost, i dont have any boot floor valance, subframe mountings etc and will need to replace arches too. so i was thinkin slit the old arches out drill the spot welds out of the lower arch lip, and grind any excess, keeping the seat belt mounts in so i will just slit the three welds that hold them on or more. then weld in the new one, job done...

#18 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:52 PM

Sounds fine but ensure you buy very ggod panels or even better heritage panels as the arch's are a momster to try and fit not as easy as one thinks it will be i had the same problem in the end i gave up and bought the mini i have now :dontgetit: some might say i didn't wait long enough but i was deesperate to have a mini on the road anyway so i decided to do it :D

#19 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

got some pictures for you be 2 secs

#20 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

Sounds fine but ensure you buy very ggod panels or even better heritage panels as the arch's are a momster to try and fit not as easy as one thinks it will be i had the same problem in the end i gave up and bought the mini i have now :dontgetit: some might say i didn't wait long enough but i was deesperate to have a mini on the road anyway so i decided to do it :D

yh no problem they are heritage panels, so they should be alrite. i have had the mini since september 08 and havent driven it yet lol so im not too bothered just gunna try and finish it by may this year lol, so im just gunna slit all the welds holding it in place, drill all spots out, grind all excess and hopefully the new panel should line up ok lol thanx again for your help i am very appreciative.

#21 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:59 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

so i take it that is the one u cut out?

well now i have seen that i am going to take my time lol...

how did u get such a big gap?

#23 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

That's quite enough of this, what on earth is happening here>?

There is NO place on this forum for this sort of behaviour. The language on here is disgusting, You've been a member on here long enough to have read the Forum Guidelines and realise that It's a Family forum- as such you are expected to act in a way that is appropriate. Aggressive and Obscene behaviour is NOT appropriate, And I'm sorry if anyone had to read that barrage of abuse.

The swear filter is there for a reason and evading it by miss-spelling swear words to get around it is neither clever or acceptable. No one wants to read language like that. Especially when there's no need for it.

There are many users on this forum, and not everyone one here is capable of helping you, Realistically It's highly unlikely that all 35040 members are online at once.

So If you're willing to wait more than 2 hours for a reply you may well get one but you have to understand that not everyone on here is able to give out technical help therefore you might have to wait and put up with it.

** Note to users, If you cannot help on this topic, regardless of whether you were just involved of that little outburst, please do not post. Keep things on topic and unless you're offering advice to help Minialf,.. don't post.**

Minialf You have had your Warn rating raised a level. Please consult the forum guidelines if you're unsure about how to behave here.

#24 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

Reason there's such a gap is because there cheapo panels that poorly fit :dontgetit:

#25 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:08 PM

not trying to make enimies here but retros why did you feel the need to but in and raise the level again read the topic again bobogib had defused the argment i started to help all calmed down could you have not let it run it's course and maybe pm him instead think this is where people are getting fed up theres no need for another mod to pounce its been done but im sure a pm wouldn't go a miss if you understand what im trying to say here?

#26 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:09 PM

ok i see, well you done everything rite then it was just the panels that let u down.

i think i will slit the arch from the underside of the arch and then go inside the mini and slit out the inner section, with the bigger part of the panel gone i can slowly slit out smaller pieces and grind off what i dont need.

#27 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:10 PM

just take your time little at a time with a heritage panel im sure you will be fine

#28 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

not trying to make enimies here but retros why did you feel the need to butt in and raise the level again

MiniBonkers: Firstly thanks for chucking those pictures up, they're a great help to the thread.

Secondly, I didn't feel the need to Butt in and raise the level again.... Bobo posted his reply whilst i was typing and posting mine. As you know the thread window doesn't update in real time whilst you're typing a reply - so i wasn't to know that he'd replied before me. So don't think I'm 'pouncing' on anything!

#29 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

just take your time little at a time with a heritage panel im sure you will be fine

yh i will take my time with it, how did u say to cut it out from the inside of the car? meaning where the arch is connected to the rear seat. shall i just slit that out too?

#30 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:15 PM

I used an angle grinder for some drill for some and then a dremmel :dontgetit:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users