Photo

Need Some Help With Cutting My Arches Out.......

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,909 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:29 PM

rang minisport today and they said that they dont know how long my order will be on hold for becuase of heritage. they took 12 months last time to deliver arches to minisport so im going to be waiting a long time lol, i will have to get an arch somewhere else i think...

Try www.scparts.co.uk plus if you ask for a catalogue (its large and very comprehensive) its good to use as a manual. Costs about a fiver or so. The panels i've had from then have been good so far, doorskins, inner and outer sills and front floorpans.

Not sure about their wheel arches but its always worth a punt. Might be worth asking other members on the forum for their input, just give them time.

thanx for that sonikk4, ill look on there for arches now, i was just wondering.... in ur project erm pictures u have loads of blue or red pins all over ur body work. i presume this is to hold ur panel work in place?? where did u get those?

I work in the aircraft industry and those pins are called Skin Pins, the different colours denote the different sizes, 3/32 red, yellow 1/8th, blue 5/32, black 3/16, white 1/4. And yes i use them to hold the panels in place prior to tacking them in.

I mainly use the yellow 1/8th and blue 5/32 all of these i have acquired over 30 years in the industry. You can buy them off Ebay, look under either Aviation tooling or Aircraft tools.

The only problem when using these is if you start welding next to them the nylon pad will melt. As an alternative there there are types that are all metal construction called Cleco. Again you will find these on Ebay but to use these you will need the special pliers to install/remove them. Again they come in the same sizes as the skin pins i mentioned earlier.

Hope this helps, just as a guide i use approx 30 of each size and find that enough.

#47 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,909 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:52 PM

320483697165, 160399014580 Minialf try these numbers on ebay for skin pins/ gripper pins

320481813895, 290398121775 Try the numbers for cleco pins and clico pliers all under aircraft tools

Edited by sonikk4, 03 February 2010 - 07:54 PM.

#48 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:22 PM

my sister has just replaced all the boot floor and arches with the big panel, i didnt have much to do with it but make sure you have plenty of scissor jacks to push it up while welding if you havnt already put it in, i know she was waiting for that for about 3 weeks from heritage aswell. chances are if one place doesnt have the genuine arches, youll be lucky to find some elsewhere

she also had the problem with the non genuine arches, she didnt want to wait for the heritage ones, but they are really small compared to the genuine ones
took a lot of beating toshape

with the arches i would suggest to just take your time (like others have said) and try to cut the hole too small to start with, then you can trim where needed offering the panel up

hope you get it sorted and that this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users