#16 mykweb

mykweb

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Local Club: does here count :)

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:12 AM

Apparantly there are some Jap export MPI's with side mount rads that are finding their way back to the UK.

The absolutes would be SPI - dizzy, MPI-coil pack. The MPI also has a different block casting that the oil filter screws directly on to, next to the clutch housing.

nah, the absolute would be 1 injector or 2 lol

Did the SPi have an expansion Tank??? if not its a big give away its an MPi

Also the Airbag on the Mpi Models (unless its been removed)

Mike

#17 Hughesy

Hughesy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

I have the cream and black half leather Cooper interior but want to change it all up for a racing set up so buckets and all black. Maybe a roll cage if I can afford it

#18 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:24 PM

if you do that when you come to sell it it wont be worth half as much, so when you do do that keep the half leather interior wrapped up in the loft or in a back bedroom or something!

#19 Hughesy

Hughesy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

Ye I know what you mean but I don't ever plan on selling if I can help it n need to sell what I have to fund the changes so am a bit stuck with getting rid of it I think but cheers for the advice. :lol:

#20 robtheplod

robtheplod

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:17 PM

I think they just halved the fan speed to create two settings on the MPi.... :lol:

I fitted an MPI fan on my SPi. The full speed seems to be higher than the spi, and the first level is just very nice to have!!!

#21 Sam

Sam

Wish i was in T.O.W.I.E

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

The absolutes would be SPI - dizzy, MPI-coil pack. The MPI also has a different block casting that the oil filter screws directly on to, next to the clutch housing.

I've worked on a Japanese SPi Mini which was mostly MPi - coil pack, oil filter screwed to block, newer switches & air bag inside, but with most definately a single point injection unit. Looked original too.

Never seen or heard of one similar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users