#286 clubmanvan

clubmanvan

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

but it's still the wrong chassis number fitted

ah I see, really that's tax fraud though as I guess they are using tax exempt log books...... but if they just put it on the Range Rover chassis they won't need an IVA.

i think they still need to cut down the range rover chassis so they still can't keep the range rover log book

IIRC you can chop the chassis aslong as it from outside the wheel base and you are allowed to move body mounts... But I might be wrong...

A modern Range Rover chassis on an old Land Rover VIN and Log Book is the same as me owning a 71 mini and using a 91 shell!

That's illegal with or without IVAs

no because a Land rover and range rover have a separate chassis the minis body is the Chassis

But the chassis has an identity just like a second hand mini shell

yes but you use the range Rover chassis ID it's a range rover! they are only getting in trouble because they are avoiding paying road tax... THAT IS TAX FRAUD, some thing compleatly different another words your stealing money of the government.

if the range rover is a tax exempt one and you use alot of its origanall parts to score high enough on the points scheme then its legal

#287 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:08 AM

Now I understand why landrovers are being targeted! What they're doing sounds like a full on conversion. Its like fitting a mini on the top of a subaru or an audi floor pan (which is being done by people at the moment) and then not getting it IVA'd.

How can that be compared to fitting a bulkhead box or a flipfront in a mini? What a load of tosh!

I wasn't worried about the IVA before, but now I know that its radically modified vehicles that actually need an IVA that are being targeted - Its just a joke trying to get people worried over it.

Edited by mike., 26 January 2011 - 11:08 AM.

#288 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,441 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

A Mini's identity is based on the shell, a Landrover's on the chassis. You could fit any body on top, as long as you retain enough bits with the chassis to get the points score.

#289 onefastmoke

onefastmoke

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:24 PM

ah I see, really that's tax fraud though as I guess they are using tax exempt log books...... but if they just put it on the Range Rover chassis they won't need an IVA.

i think they still need to cut down the range rover chassis so they still can't keep the range rover log book

IIRC you can chop the chassis aslong as it from outside the wheel base and you are allowed to move body mounts... But I might be wrong...

unfortunately that is wrong, the main land rover problem isn't just about tax evasion its mainly people fitting modified defender body's to a discovery/rangerover (100") chassis or shortening the rear of a range rover or a discovery to reduce overhangs. both of which require removing part of the chassis between the rear cross member and the rear axle and welding it back up. but the rules now state that the chassis can't be altered in any way without having an IVA done in the same way that a monocoque can't be altered

#290 onefastmoke

onefastmoke

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:32 PM

"Brain wave" I take my car for an MOT he says it's has structural mods I say yes I know it's already had an IVA! Win I get a nice shiny new MOT!

unless the work is don't badly it's not a MOT failure

now I not having a pop at you here, but when exactly are you going to come a croppa of this IVA then? road side check? the Police can't do it as they don't have the knowing to spot a webber box or turbo box.. and before you say spot checks at show... never seen them or heard of them being at shows.. the police son't do it at show because they want people to cooperate wit them so if the cars not got tinited windows illegal lights them sort of things they leave you alone...

I'm not going to wourrie about it too much but I am goin to take steps to make it more IVA stealth >_<

unfortunately I have witnessed the police waiting on routes after a show has ended at landrover shows I've been to doing spot checks pulling people into services/layby's where there is a vosa van waiting

#291 garrett3

garrett3

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

]
yes agreed however it can be taking that if you start "modifying" a car over 10 years old then it will not req a check?

loop hole in a grey area perhaps?

What it means is that if the car was modified over ten years ago, notified to DVLA and you can proove that and it has had no changes since and has been insured and mot'd as such then you will not be required to have an IVA test.
However they can still enforce a Q registration on that vehicle.

Your car can be 30 years old and if you modify it and you lose enough points of the original car OR you modify the chassis/monocoque structure your car WILL be required to undertake an IVA.

I hope this clears things up.

There are no loopholes to exploit, they are running things very strictly now.

no clearly states a iva check is NOT required on a car (not modifications) 10 years old or older (not that the mods were done 10 years ago)

just to let you know i am not in need of a check i just seen the length of this topic and seen many failed to pic up on it, just thought i would draw your attention to it

also its 25 year old for commercials

I have been through an IVA and I am friends with the very first person to ever have one.
I have worked with Minimag for the IVA feature and I know the rules... VERY WELL.

You are wrong, very wrong

Trying to find loopholes on a public forum is not a good idea for the mini scene. Think about it...

Please copy the section from the IVA and BIVA sections on modified production vehicles and post it up for us all to see.

If I am wrong I will eat my own pants infront of everyone at L2B.
If you are wrong you do the same.

Thanks >_<

UNLESS you are talking about the import of already modified vehicles in which case you are close to correct

Edited by garrett3, 26 January 2011 - 04:57 PM.

#292 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,441 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

They don't IVA modifications they IVA cars, that'll be why they refer to cars not modifications. It's the DVLA that are interested in modifications, to decide if your car has become a different car to the one on the V5, if they say it has you need an IVA to get a new V5 for your "new" car.

#293 garrett3

garrett3

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

They don't IVA modifications they IVA cars, that'll be why they refer to cars not modifications. It's the DVLA that are interested in modifications, to decide if your car has become a different car to the one on the V5, if they say it has you need an IVA to get a new V5 for your "new" car.

Thats correct, Bang on the money infact.

You lose the right to your cars original registration entitlement by losing too many of the points from the points system or by Modifying the chassis/monocoque of you vehicle.

Edited by garrett3, 26 January 2011 - 04:55 PM.

#294 garrett3

garrett3

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

Try not to feed issue by trying to find loopholoes or grey areas. (not aimed at one person)

Doing so will just make it that much stricter in the future or we may lose the right to modify our cars altogether.

Landrover guys are getting a hard time but they know the rules and have taken the risks, the rules where the same with SVA's but were more readily ignored.
Ignore an IVA and whats next?

Think about it....

Edited by garrett3, 26 January 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#295 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

Now I understand why landrovers are being targeted! What they're doing sounds like a full on conversion. Its like fitting a mini on the top of a subaru or an audi floor pan (which is being done by people at the moment) and then not getting it IVA'd.

How can that be compared to fitting a bulkhead box or a flipfront in a mini? What a load of tosh!

I wasn't worried about the IVA before, but now I know that its radically modified vehicles that actually need an IVA that are being targeted - Its just a joke trying to get people worried over it.

i clearly says if you modify your bulk head you loose your minis identity

so if your mini has no identity what number plate are you going to stick on the front and back ?

#296 Burnard

Burnard

4 gears good........... .......................5 gears Better

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

Would i be permitted to drill a hole in my bulk head (around 35x60mm) without needing an IVA?

No boxes welded in, just a hole.

#297 less is more

less is more

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Local Club: NONE

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:48 PM

is there a section on this forum for cars that have passed the IVA? if so would love to see these cars all in one forum say "I've passed the IVA/BIVA" & what have you done to pass? share the wealth guys

Whats a BIVA?

Andy

#298 clubmanvan

clubmanvan

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

i agree however i draw reference to the dvla site that a iva is only req if the car is below 10 years old http://www.direct.go...icle/DG_4022105

#299 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

is there a section on this forum for cars that have passed the IVA? if so would love to see these cars all in one forum say "I've passed the IVA/BIVA" & what have you done to pass? share the wealth guys

Whats a BIVA?

Andy

there is a very good guide in the zcars section

#300 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

Would i be permitted to drill a hole in my bulk head (around 35x60mm) without needing an IVA?

No boxes welded in, just a hole.

if you can't find the info on the ACE web site you can ask questions on there and they will do their best to find you a answer

but they would be being picky on a fairly small hole

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users