Photo

Insurance Time (but Not Just A Boring Old Insurance Thread!)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:31 AM

The mini mags have pages of mini insurers -- Cherished Vehicle, Admiral, Sureterm, G Sykes, Elephant, Swinton, Performance Direct, Heritage, mini cooper register, plus the ones already mentioned ... it would be a pretty daunting task to ring them all but I'm sure we'd all be very grateful for a nice database of terms & conditions ... (hint hint).

#17 bunch1980

bunch1980

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: nein

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:00 AM

Im going with Admiral, im 29 and not yet passed test, amazingly insurance is cheaper by about £100 or so, because as
a learner i will not be driving it so much they say lol its true i wont be, doing test at end of month. Also excess is higher as on provisional to.

Most classic or agreed value ones wanted obviously a full licence and to of held if for a year or more! Heritage seemed the best choice for me once i passed and have a years ncb! but i also hear with some classic car policies you dont get things like ncb and that as they assume its like a second car and you keep your ncb on your main/newer vehicle.

I think for sure next year will want agreed value, as minis get older going to need it!

#18 Beddo88

Beddo88

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Local Club: not yet..

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

I had my first years insurance with Tesco. 19, on the mini. Was dirt cheap, but i suspect it could have been an issue if i had had an accident.

Could try Direct Line? Not sure on details, and they have a varied reputation but they quoted me 300 quid cheaper than anyone else on the scirocco. Car has to remain unmodified though.

Footman James i went with after my first years NC. 300 quid TPFT. Currently on HIC with the scirocco!! (They allow modifications :) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users