minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:42 PM

miniQ i agree lol!

Although i do like Vettel. Not so keen on Alonso and Webber. I would like to see Hamilton win again

#182 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

I'd like to see that again, and Jenson too. No idea what happened with him today, he was WELL in there at the start, unlucky pit, just shows what getting stuck behind backmarkers can do to your race for a potential championship winner.

Still, he finished higher than the red-bulls. :thumbsup:

#183 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:54 PM

i watched a bit of the F1 Forum on sky after the race and he said there was something wrong with his car. Couls have been the new 'part' he decided to fit to the car ( we dont know what that was). He said he couldnt brake without locking the front wheels and he was destroying tyres no matter what. he seemed pretty gutted...

#184 surfblue63

surfblue63

TMF fantasy F1 winner 2012

• Members
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Newcastle & Durham

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:46 PM

A tutto gas, forza Ferrari

After a long time starting it was worth it in the end.
Webber makes a mistake and does everyone a favor. Vettle is just unlucky, and Alonso and Hamilton get lucky. If Rosburg hadn't passed Hamilton it could have been he who collided with Webber, and Alonso picks up another win because of Vettles misfortune and passing Hamilton at the restart.
It's kept the championship wide open (although Buttons chances are very remote) and makes Interlagos another important race. And the only way Alonso can win the championship in Brazil is if he wins and all his rivals finish off the podium, so it looks like the championship will be decided in Abu Dhabi.

Edited by surfblue63, 24 October 2010 - 04:02 PM.

#185 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

Something to think about guys -
Think about this...bad visibility and webber does'nt know Nico has overtook hamilton...
Then when moving back across the track after hitting the wall Nico collides into him
Honestly it might be a bit wierd to some reading this (And i do respect webber apart from the 2 times he has hit Hamilton :thumbsup: -) but cmon...it does seem abit wierd...watch the video...WHY? why does he move back across the track? In the hope of getting back into the race? or maybe hitting a certian someone who could threaten his title hopes?
check out Nico's twitter: http://twitter.com/nico_rosberg
hUmmmmmmmmmmm
Anyway here is a nice picture (If only it had the man with the yellow helmet :0):

Attached Files

Edited by miniQ, 25 October 2010 - 11:38 AM.

#186 Lukie-J

Lukie-J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Local Club: South Devon Mini Club

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:11 PM

Think about this...bad visibility and webber does'nt know Nico has overtook hamilton...
Then when moving back across the track after hitting the wall Nico collides into him
Honestly it might be a bit wierd to some reading this (And i do respect webber apart from the 2 times he has hit Hamilton :thumbsup: -) but cmon...it does seem abit wierd...watch the video...WHY? why does he move back across the track? In the hope of getting back into the race? or maybe hitting a certian someone who could threaten his title hopes?
check out Nico's twitter: http://twitter.com/nico_rosberg
hUmmmmmmmmmmm
Anyway here is a nice picture (If only it had the man with the yellow helmet :0):

One of his wheels was the other side of the track and the other was up in the air, Webber is a very experienced and well respected driver, I don't think he would do anything that might injure a fellow driver. Even if it was for a championship.

#187 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

i agree with above, at first i thought his car was fine and he'd recover like button later did but when it should the reverse angle of his crash, his car was like a dog with a cocked up leg.

they should've started that race as usual on time, drivers who wanted to race could drive quickly and those who didnt could drive slow or even pit if they thought it was too dangerous, it started to really pee me off when the team bosses and engineers on the radio were "goading" their drivers to try and get the race stopped, thanks to lewis for just wanting to get on with it.

#188 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

Formula 1 is a sport of passion, you're passionate about the car, the track and your fellow drivers. No WAY would any driver put another driver in danger, especially on purpose. It may seem like they're enemies on track, but outside of racing the drivers are all friends, and If he had done that on purpose it would have been a very very dangerous situation, who knows, after seeing Henry Surtees crash at Brands last year in person, possibly fatal.

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 25 October 2010 - 09:01 PM.

#189 surfblue63

surfblue63

TMF fantasy F1 winner 2012

• Members
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Newcastle & Durham

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:51 PM

Honestly it might be a bit wierd to some reading this (And i do respect webber apart from the 2 times he has hit Hamilton :D -) but cmon...it does seem abit wierd...watch the video...WHY? why does he move back across the track? In the hope of getting back into the race? or maybe hitting a certian someone who could threaten his title hopes?

What a stupid thing to say.
Webbers team would have probably informed him that Hamilton had been overtaken by Rosberg, and to say that Webber would put himself a risk by reversing his car into the path of others is just fantasy.

Edited by surfblue63, 25 October 2010 - 08:54 PM.

#190 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

If you watch a reply of the incident you can see from the very SECOND the car started to oversteer he a was complete passenger, ended in the wall at about 90mph, and once his rear wheel had broken lose any steering input would do nothing anyway, hence why you see him cross his arms in preperation to being hit, the last thing he would need is a broken wrist with 2 races to go.

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 26 October 2010 - 06:36 AM.

#191 Kwik

Kwik

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:30 PM

Formula 1 is a sport of passion, you're passionate about the car, the track and your fellow drivers. No WAY would any driver put another driver in danger, especially on purpose. It may seem like they're enemies on track, but outside of racing the drivers are all friends, and If he had done that on purpose it would have been a very very dangerous situation, who knows, after seeing Henry Surtees crash at Brands last year in person, possibly fatal.

i agree with you totally for most if not pretty much all drivers. but Ayrton Senna was at least 1 exception

i know for one of his world championship winning seasons, if his main rival didn't finish, he would win the world championship, and so the first corner he just took both cars out on the gravel trap and he won...

im not saying all are like this nor Webber is like this, im just saying not ALL F1 drivers have the same way of thinking...

#192 newbambeeno

newbambeeno

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

I do wonder why Rosberg felt the need to 'Tweet' what he did. Seems rather unprofessional. As Craig has said, the last thing Webber wants is a broken arm or wrist, and you just wouldn't risk it. The conditions were such that he lost control of his car, I doubt he could of controlled a damaged car in the same conditions accurately enough to take out a rival. Shame on Rosberg.

#193 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

Sorry then guys :'( blame crash.net not me ... putting ideas into my head... ^_^

#194 Tom Sanderson

Tom Sanderson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

I do wonder why Rosberg felt the need to 'Tweet' what he did. Seems rather unprofessional. As Craig has said, the last thing Webber wants is a broken arm or wrist, and you just wouldn't risk it. The conditions were such that he lost control of his car, I doubt he could of controlled a damaged car in the same conditions accurately enough to take out a rival. Shame on Rosberg.

That might not even be the actual Nico saying that?

#195 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

Senna was just a man of great passion for motorsport, he knew the risks of the running the new parts on the car on the weekend of his death but he died doing something he loved and for sure hes a man everybody will remember as a great sporting hero, somebody we can all look up to if involved in motorsport or not. True legend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users