#92 mini_nutz

mini_nutz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hi all,

Dash is in and all wired up inc. the push start button. :D All the original Smiths gauges now have 5w capless bulbs fitted which was worth the expense of replacing the original bulb holders. I got my bulb holders from Holden classic parts Clicky! Much brighter, i can see what speed im doing and how much fuel i dont have left! I have even fitted a dimmer to the lights for night time driving. All the mod cons inc central locking, who needs a modern car?

Hope to see you all at Brooklands in March as I never made it last year. Will take some pics of dash at weekend.

Warren

#93 mini_nutz

mini_nutz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hi all,

Had an excellent day at Brooklands, some lovely minis there. The weather was awesome as usual, here are a few pics of my car.

Attached File  k1280rs1.jpg   147.24K   105 downloads
Attached File  k1328rs2.jpg   151.01K   80 downloads

Warren

#94 F1L8EY

F1L8EY

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

great thread, with some exceptional engineering skills.

a pleasure to read.

#95 mini_nutz

mini_nutz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Attached File  Banner.jpg   158.19K   30 downloads

#96 mini_nutz

mini_nutz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Dont forget to get your London to Brighton Tickets. Minispares are now selling them online here!

Warren

#97 mailman

mailman

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

So, looks like it's been going for almost a year now. How are you enjoying it? Reliable? Power? Happy with your Diff Ratio?

Looks great by the way, good to see a project be completed so nicely.

#98 OfMini&Men

OfMini&Men

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Very nice build :) Not a fan of the bonnet though, someone on Turbomini's has a standard bonnet working with this I think

#99 mini_nutz

mini_nutz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Thanks, she has been very reliable, but I think this has more to do with the full re-wire and the new components. Its a bonus not having the troublesome points, caps, rotor arms, condensers and coils etc... to be honest - After completing her, I needed a new project to keep me busy so I brought a old motorbike, which I have since stripped and fully rebuilt. My friends have lost interest in minis, so going out on me todd is no fun! Therefore she has spent a lot of time in the garage, but she still starts every time. Due to the lack of use, I have considered selling her to someone who can enjoy her and her awesomeness.

The rev limiter is still set to 5K rpm, im still running her in! Last year I managed to get just under 100mph (sat nav reading) before she maxed out. (On a private road obviously). A slightly lower ratio final drive, may be better for an every day user. But there are such a wide variety of options available now for the drop gear ratios, gearbox ratios, and final drive ratios i think its a matter of trial and error to see what suits your driving style.

Warren

#100 mini_nutz

mini_nutz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Very nice build :) Not a fan of the bonnet though, someone on Turbomini's has a standard bonnet working with this I think

Thanks, I would like to paint the bonnet to match the colour of the car. There are ways of making it all fit under the standard bonnet, but i did not want to change the subframe. Mainly because the Body kit is currently preventing the subframe form being removed. The other options are removing parts of the internal bonnet strengthening. But how many times can can you open and close it without it distorting?

I'm more impressed that I managed to successfully mount all the fixings into the fibre glass bonnet so that I didn't need any external bonnet pins.

Warren

#101 OfMini&Men

OfMini&Men

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Thanks, I would like to paint the bonnet to match the colour of the car. There are ways of making it all fit under the standard bonnet, but i did not want to change the subframe. Mainly because the Body kit is currently preventing the subframe form being removed. The other options are removing parts of the internal bonnet strengthening. But how many times can can you open and close it without it distorting?

I'm more impressed that I managed to successfully mount all the fixings into the fibre glass bonnet so that I didn't need any external bonnet pins.

Warren

Id stick it on pins :] what I will be doing when I finally finish welding my shell and start my engine build, but I'm going a bit mad and using a 8 valve head and 1000cc A+ block. but ill keep that on the downlow for now :) but don't sell her show seasons here soon bring her along and have some fun! Mini in the park ;D take it down the strip

#102 Taylor

Taylor

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Warren the kad bonett you are using could you tell me the measurement from the right and side to the bulge please as I am struggling to find one that fits the bulge is always in the wrong place

#103 Bacon

Bacon

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Great build with excellent work, look forward to seeing the car in flesh at some point!

#104 IainNeon91

IainNeon91

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Excellent build Warren! This conversion will be kept in mind for mine ;D

A new video of everything how it is now, when you have the time, would be great! :D

Iain.

#105 OZMINI

OZMINI

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

mini-nutz

Where did you get the ram tubes for the throttle bodies? And do they do them for the K1100 throttle bodies?

Thanks
Steve

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)