22 replies to this topic

#16 ROBBIE 1

ROBBIE 1

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

apprently this is common from midland wheels happens all the time ,bad quality im thinking .

#17 minikev84

minikev84

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Local Club: TVMC

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

I think seconds because they was in the sale

#18 huntface

huntface

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

I imagine that "what people expect" is an item that is of good merchantable quality! Its a wheel, not a ming vase!

If you bought a set of wheels that flaked and took them back ten minutes later and got the reply "Cor, you didn't take them on the road did you? That'll be your problem" you wouldn't be happy.

As for the car shampoo and wheels I can't really understand that. Those cleaners are very corrosive as has been said! If a modern wheel be it from ford or midland wheel can't cope with a bit of soapy water how are they going to cope with brake dust, salt grit, rain water and any other crap you might encounter on the roads!

#19 mymini007

mymini007

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

Mine are from Midland wheels, I am waiting to hear back from them at the moment, bought mine in the summer last year, and they are starting to go already.

#20 silva_mini

silva_mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:30 PM

That doesnt sound right at all about not using normal car shampoo on wheels, most of those wheel cleaner kits are far too acidic, if you ever get it on your hands, you'll know about it! If it does that to your hands, what does it do to the layers of paint?!

Also, we all know wheels spin round and take a beating, especially driving through weather from the last 5 months of this year, so what do people expect from a chrome laquered rim??! The laquer isnt invincible. Waxing the wheels regularly from new solves the problem.

LOL... M&S add, This is not any mini this is my show mini and used on nice days mini also kept in the dry mini. Lol

maybe you should have stated that at the start of your thread "LOL" :)

#21 silva_mini

silva_mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

I imagine that "what people expect" is an item that is of good merchantable quality! Its a wheel, not a ming vase!

If you bought a set of wheels that flaked and took them back ten minutes later and got the reply "Cor, you didn't take them on the road did you? That'll be your problem" you wouldn't be happy.

As for the car shampoo and wheels I can't really understand that. Those cleaners are very corrosive as has been said! If a modern wheel be it from ford or midland wheel can't cope with a bit of soapy water how are they going to cope with brake dust, salt grit, rain water and any other crap you might encounter on the roads!

Yeah, but its not "ten minutes later" is it??!

#22 mymini007

mymini007

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

This is what has happened to mine, these are the pictures I have sent to MWS ALL 4 wheels! Never kerbed, and the crazing is in the middle.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 minikev84

minikev84

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Local Club: TVMC

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:33 PM

apprently this is common from midland wheels happens all the time ,bad quality im thinking .

I have had an email from Midland wheels saying they will change all four wheels when the new lot come in 4-6 weeks time. I hope the quality is better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users