28 replies to this topic

#16 conrad

conrad

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

I'm 17 with a 998cc all standard. I insured my mini last night for £630 fully comp on my own policy :(

FULLY COMP! thats an incredible price!

Who is that with?

It was with Aviva :thumbsup:
I also get protected no claims and i'm insured for anywhere in europe. In the case of an accident I get free recovery of my car if I am too injure to continue my journey. Free windscreen replacement if I get a crack. Courtesy car for up to 14 days. Replacement locks if keys are stolen. Continental break down cover.

Seriously? That is amazing ill be giving them a phone tomorrow?

That cant be with an NCB as your 17 and you are the primary driver on the poilcy? any added drivers or trickery?

Conrad

#17 Mini Adam

Mini Adam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

I'm 17 with a 998cc all standard. I insured my mini last night for £630 fully comp on my own policy :(

FULLY COMP! thats an incredible price!

Who is that with?

It was with Aviva :thumbsup:
I also get protected no claims and i'm insured for anywhere in europe. In the case of an accident I get free recovery of my car if I am too injure to continue my journey. Free windscreen replacement if I get a crack. Courtesy car for up to 14 days. Replacement locks if keys are stolen. Continental break down cover.

Seriously? That is amazing ill be giving them a phone tomorrow?

That cant be with an NCB as your 17 and you are the primary driver on the poilcy? any added drivers or trickery?

Conrad

I got my quote via Brightgroup PLC. They're a compnay similiar to comparethemarket etc, except they actually get you a quote rather than randomly generating a figure between 2k and 5k. I just checked, I haven't insurance for anywhere in europe, i'm only covered for one day abroad. Not that I plan on going abroad :)

No I said at the time of my quote I had had my licence for < One Month so yes you are right, no NCB. I am the primary driver however I have my mum on there too. We are both down for a maxium mileage of 3000 each. If her mileage was less than mine they wouldn't give a quote, and if my dad was on there and not my mum it went up to around £700. I also didn't declare my alloys, purely because I didn't even think of that as a mod, I was just thinking engine wise, but I'm gonna give them a call and add that on, I'm still waiting for my policy number though.

#18 mikey72

mikey72

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:46 PM

Not the same price conrad wil be getting, I reckon he'll be over two grand.
There's a difference between primary and main driver here for the two drivers on this policy.

Edited by mikey72, 09 January 2011 - 11:49 PM.

#19 Mini Adam

Mini Adam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

why don't you think conrad will get that?

#20 mikey72

mikey72

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

We've been here before with your policy, the normal price for any 17 year old who declares himself as the main driver is around £2000.
You had another thread on this policy, and the only way to get the £650 is if a parent is the main driver. so it's a bit mis-leading to keep posting your premium.

Edited by mikey72, 10 January 2011 - 12:06 AM.

#21 Mini Adam

Mini Adam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:33 AM

We've been here before with your policy, the normal price for any 17 year old who declares himself as the main driver is around £2000.
You had another thread on this policy, and the only way to get the £650 is if a parent is the main driver. so it's a bit mis-leading to keep posting your premium.

No I re did my quote the other day and I am now down as the main driver but with my mum as the same mileage
Also, I disagree with the 2k. A lot of people get it for under 1k.

Edited by Mini Adam, 10 January 2011 - 12:34 AM.

#22 stevede

stevede

As seen on TV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

No I re did my quote the other day and I am now down as the main driver but with my mum as the same mileage

I obviously don't know the details of Adam's policy but putting a more experienced driver (or 2), on a young persons policy, as an additional named driver usually will bring the premium down.

Made about £400 difference om my eldest daughters policy first time around.

Best of luck, hope you get your policy number.

Have they actually accepted/confirmed your policy? You will usually will get at least a cover note number straight away.

Regards

Steve

#23 kenzie22

kenzie22

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:00 AM

i got a quote for a 1990 BRG mini 1293 engine for £821, dashboard mods (FG) speakers, seats, sportpack arches and wheels and smoothie boot etc.

#24 mikey72

mikey72

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:13 AM

i got a quote for a 1990 BRG mini 1293 engine for £821, dashboard mods (FG) speakers, seats, sportpack arches and wheels and smoothie boot etc.

Who's that with?

#25 K_H

K_H

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

Im with footman james £690 with my mum and dad unlimited millage TPFT Im 17. Standard 998.

Edited by K_H, 10 January 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#26 Mini Adam

Mini Adam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

I obviously don't know the details of Adam's policy but putting a more experienced driver (or 2), on a young persons policy, as an additional named driver usually will bring the premium down.

Have they actually accepted/confirmed your policy? You will usually will get at least a cover note number straight away.

Regards

Steve

Yes I have been emailed all my policy papers and policy number now, they arrived today :thumbsup:

#27 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

Generally cars made with a 1275 engine are cheaper to insure than modified 998's

Coopers can be cheaper to insure too. Not sure about a 1275gt

#28 kenzie22

kenzie22

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

Who's that with?

Footman James

#29 stevede

stevede

As seen on TV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

Regards

Steve

Yes I have been emailed all my policy papers and policy number now, they arrived today :thumbsup:

Good stuff

Enjoy driving your mini

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users