#16 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems. At least your getting it sorted. My cars never had work done by Downton although I'v had many people tell me their good chaps. Did you see the old camper in their when you went? That belongs to Barspeed on here.

#17 Burnard

Burnard

4 gears good........... .......................5 gears Better

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:02 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems. At least your getting it sorted. My cars never had work done by Downton although I'v had many people tell me their good chaps. Did you see the old camper in their when you went? That belongs to Barspeed on here.

He means ice-creame/ morphmobile van, and he probably wouldnt have seen it as its round the back in a nice, warm barn :)

Sounds like your haveing a *melon* time mate, but these things do, eventually get sorted.
Im currently involved in dealings with another company over some issues not disimilar to yours (new parts paid for, used parts recieved)
I wont go into that as its a whole new topic.

#18 ncd3

ncd3

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

Hello mate, i really dont have any idea so i will ask the guys at Downton what they think is a fair price and get back to you.I hope thats ok?

#19 mighty mini jack

mighty mini jack

Mighty Before a Pint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

Lets not condone violence on here guys!

Crappy situation to be in though, hope you can sot something out.

#20 ncd3

ncd3

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

Hello mate, i really dont have any idea so i will ask the guys at Downton what they think is a fair price and get back to you.I hope thats ok?

Eh? That was wierd pressed the wrong button! Anyway thanks all for your replies.This is a bump so that more people can read and learn.He should never get away with this again.I mean seriously i'm going to be paying for this *melons* work for 5 years.I'm going to be 30 by then.

#21 ncd3

ncd3

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hello guys, a publicity bump! For those that inquired and are interested i can off the full 7.5 brake setup for £400 this includes everything ie calipers disks and hubs etc

Thanks

Nick

#22 feybrand

feybrand

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

there seems to be a lot of this going on lately
really feel for ya
theres a lot to be said for learning to do everything yourself as at leat you know its done right

#23 ncd3

ncd3

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

Thanks all again for the comments this is a heads up bump!

#24 skaterava

skaterava

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:14 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hopefully this guy will be stopped before he ruins anyone else's pride and joy.

May i suggest the mods move this to the appropriate Regional section, and then sticky it?

#25 BenH

BenH

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Minis

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:43 PM

there seems to be a lot of this going on lately
really feel for ya
theres a lot to be said for learning to do everything yourself as at leat you know its done right

i totally agree, ive taught myself everything i know! i hate even leaving my car for the MOT,some people simply dont have time to do it themselves but its worth it knowing what youve done has actually been done,and at least you only have yourself to blame if it goes bellies up. people dont realise how much pride your mini is and just treat it like it was any other car. My experiences have nearly put me off minis altogether.
Its a shame this keeps happening,theres alot of decent companys out there but seems to be these small companys that are screwing people over.
I hope you get it sorted but definatly try citizens advice.

#26 Sam14

Sam14

TMF Mug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:26 AM

Get top gear on his caravan

Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond have a lot of history with the likes of caravans :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users