Stocky_s

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

http://www.theminifo...howtopic=164132

There you go there are some pictures there now and one with some of the mf 65 in it at the bottom.

Enjoy :)

#32 minimad01

minimad01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

just been out onto the yard an took pictures of a few of our older machines
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
massey 65 awaiting restoration
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Stocky_s

Stocky_s

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:41 AM

There some fat wheels on the 65 haha we've only got normal size ones. haha

#34 clambert81

clambert81

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Local Club: Crewes Missiles

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

I just love those old tractors. Good luck with the restos. Prices are starting to go up now.

#35 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Local Club: EDMC AND MMC

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

Hmm...
happy to agree to disagree.
Anyway back to tractors, did some more work on that tractor (the one that no one of yet has guessed the exact type). Stopped that oil leak from the HG and now have a weeping core plug! there's a trail of surface rust so im guessing its been weeping for a while...
it would have to be the bloody plug behind the injector pump wouldn't it!

Also fitted a new regulator box on another tractor, and took a roll bar off another!

#36 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:36 PM

thanks for saving the day!

#37 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

still have hand throttles on tractors now! there so nice to use, my gear change is on a little rocker switch on the side of it in our tractors!

i would guess at what it is as a 165? or a 35? but i couldnt tell you why it isnt a 135 anymore! i dont know much about the older tractors like this, always intrest me though! what intrests me is how we went from tractors like these massys to the fendts and john deeres of today, with all the computers and electronics! i was talking to a mehanic who was telling me that new holland are working on having a touch screen computer which has all the software installed for all balers, drills etc so that you just plug the attatchement into the back of the tractor and all the controls apear on the screen infront of you! compared to the days before massy came up with the 3 point hitch!

been driving our oldest tractor today, an old ford 7600, compared to the tractor i usually use, a case magnum MX285, its so hard to drive, and everything is so slow to get working! also power washed of our combine header, you could fit 5 or 6 combine headers from the era of the 135s!

#38 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

just been out onto the yard an took pictures of a few of our older machines
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
massey 65 awaiting restoration
Posted Image
Posted Image

your FW must be almost classed as a classic by now?

#39 valve bounce

valve bounce

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

at my grandma's fram we have a 1966 ford 4000 with an after market cab owner since the mid 70s now on it second engine. a very very early deisel gery fregie which granda bought when it was 2 years old ie sometime in the 50s i think the engine has never been in bit and it is origonal condition bar having the dyno uprated to a mini alternator we also have a genuine fergie link box for this but the mudgaurds are about ready to fall off and the engine uses a huge amount of oil but its great for carting logs and bales about. mabey one day next summer once ive got the mini resprayed and ive got alittle bit more money al rebuild the engine and treat it to some new mudgaurds etc.

my guess for the first post is an mf 40 think is they were a 135 with front and rear loaders? we had one that had been burnt out in a fire and the loaders removed we only paided £100 then made a wiring loom and repainted it and was a good tractor.

#40 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

135 and 165, are the best answers. That is a 135 with a P4.192 4cylinder, all 135's had 3 cylinder engines (i think AD4.152, don't quote me on that one). It has infact had 2 different conversions, the first being the conversion to a 4 cylinder engine, that conversion includes extending the little bit of body work there is, and a few other things.

It has also had a second conversion on it, as have most of the 135's in the area.....anyone care to guess the conversion they've had done..I'll give you a clue, it's to do with hop gardens or/and Vinyards....

Edited by liirge, 24 July 2010 - 06:00 PM.

#41 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

still have hand throttles on tractors now! there so nice to use, my gear change is on a little rocker switch on the side of it in our tractors!

i would guess at what it is as a 165? or a 35? but i couldnt tell you why it isnt a 135 anymore! i dont know much about the older tractors like this, always intrest me though! what intrests me is how we went from tractors like these massys to the fendts and john deeres of today, with all the computers and electronics! i was talking to a mehanic who was telling me that new holland are working on having a touch screen computer which has all the software installed for all balers, drills etc so that you just plug the attatchement into the back of the tractor and all the controls apear on the screen infront of you! compared to the days before massy came up with the 3 point hitch!

been driving our oldest tractor today, an old ford 7600, compared to the tractor i usually use, a case magnum MX285, its so hard to drive, and everything is so slow to get working! also power washed of our combine header, you could fit 5 or 6 combine headers from the era of the 135s!

3 words on new tractors, bare in mind that I use both on the regular basis..
NOT AS FUN!

#42 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

oh, and I have another update to come, probably tomorrow

#43 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

NOT AS FUN!

but there so much more comfortable to drive and do the job so much better! i dont need a hydralic arm and leg to change gear which i did do when i drove a TW25! and i dont bang my head or bruise my backside everytime i hit a pebble on the road!

are you going to tell us what model it is? and why its not a 135?

#44 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

NOT AS FUN!

but there so much more comfortable to drive and do the job so much better! i dont need a hydralic arm and leg to change gear which i did do when i drove a TW25! and i dont bang my head or bruise my backside everytime i hit a pebble on the road!

are you going to tell us what model it is? and why its not a 135?

Never had any of those problems on the old Massey's! also farming's a man's thing, no need for comforts....Man up maybe? :)

It technically is a 135, and had the two conversions on it...so it's equally joint between a 135 and a 165.
Any ideas on the second conversion? name not needed, but what it might have done?

#45 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Give me a few examples where a new tractor (and bare in mind its JUST the tractor that is the cause) will do a better job than an old tractor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users