#46 newbambeeno

newbambeeno

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:29 PM

They probably held it back so many times just to make sure it's better than Forza. I'm quite looking forward to it. Do you think they'll be a pricing war like there tends to be with COD? I have the Prologue that I'll want to trade in, hoping they'll be good trade in offers when you buy it.

#47 mike_mini_mad

mike_mini_mad

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

They probably held it back so many times just to make sure it's better than Forza. I'm quite looking forward to it. Do you think they'll be a pricing war like there tends to be with COD? I have the Prologue that I'll want to trade in, hoping they'll be good trade in offers when you buy it.

Id imagine a few places might have an offer on or something, gamestation are usually pretty good for trade in offers.

#48 samini96

samini96

Secondary account for samini86

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Local Club: Hull Mini Owners Club

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:32 PM

Add me - minicooper8692

#49 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

another delay! fantastic!

#50 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:56 AM

Craig, what else are you getting for £150 apart from the game? I can't be bothered to google it

I will get the game (normal version price!) but £150 on a game is, well...... :)

Free stuff :)

That made me laugh.

As for the game, I can't wait. I bought a new PS3 the other day,and let my brother keep my old one so we could play online. I'll also have a new full HD tv by then as well. However, I will not be buying the 150 quid version of the game.

I have also got the new F1, FIFA 11 and have only just bought COD MW. I know that is a bit behind the times however I have been away for ages.

The idea of a lot of minis on there sounds good - but would they really do?! Apart from a select few (ie Us) , I cant imagine there will be many people buying GT5 to be racing a standard early 90s Cooper or Innocetti, not when you consider the other cars available.

Luckily I have a fair bit of time off work at the moment and so I can imagine I will be spending a lot of time on the game.

As for the trade-in, I can imagine that GT-5 Prologue is going to be the most traded-in game for a long time and I reckon you should be able to pick up for a couple of peanuts. I know they will, but personally I cannot see the incentive for any companies to offer any decent trade-in offers for GT-5 Prologue.

#51 alicce

alicce

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:57 AM

Does anyone know the actual reason why the Mini was pulled from the Gran Turismo series?
I mean... it was in the Japan release of GT4.
So why why why was it erased???

Back in the 60's it was Austin and Morris Mini Coopers (and S) that won every race there was to win - even multiple times all over the world.
So if there's a car that has proven its rights to be in - it's the Mini.
Gran Turismo 2 had the special Monte Carlo Mini Cooper S.... I (almost) haven't had as much fun in a racing game since then.
So in GT3 it was down to the ordinary Rover Mini 1.3i....
It was called 'the weakest car in the game' :)

The Mini was a racecar for sure... IS a racecar! A historical one!
Now we will see go-carts and VW busses for crying out loud.
Probably also the Citroen 2CV and Ford T.... now where does these cars fit in on a race track... more than the Mini??

Is the rumor true that BMW doesn't want to risk that the 'new' Mini could look bad in same game as the 'classic' (real) Mini?

Who knows?
I would be happy to know.
Greetings from Denmark

#52 newbambeeno

newbambeeno

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:06 AM

As for the trade-in, I can imagine that GT-5 Prologue is going to be the most traded-in game for a long time and I reckon you should be able to pick up for a couple of peanuts. I know they will, but personally I cannot see the incentive for any companies to offer any decent trade-in offers for GT-5 Prologue.

Yeah, that's why I wasn't sure about trading it in. I mean, I could beat the crowd and get rid of it now, or trade it in with everybody else. It'll be like Fifa '10 is now, as soon as a new one comes out, the one you spent £30 a year ago is worth 62p.

I'm a bit miffed about the delay, but hey-ho, gives me a few more weeks to save some pennies!!

#53 .998TANGO.

.998TANGO.

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:43 PM

anyone else get the email to say its been delayed AGAIN? >:)

#54 B-shaw

B-shaw

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Local Club: www.clubpolo.co.uk

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:56 PM

Craig, what else are you getting for £150 apart from the game? I can't be bothered to google it

I will get the game (normal version price!) but £150 on a game is, well...... :D

Free stuff :P

Free stuff? :teehee:
Paying £100 for some free stuff, shocker :ermm:

#55 mike_mini_mad

mike_mini_mad

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

Its now due "20th december (subject to change)" and Kazunori Yamauchi "doesnt expect to keep us waiting till the new year" ... oh good. Duke Nukem Forever will be out before this.

#56 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

Oh **** sticks! I've been getting so excited as well! Just as well I've recently bought a few games to tide me over :D

#57 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:02 PM

i should have completed F1 2010 by then,

and i wont have to buy GT5 ill get it for xmas :D

#58 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:57 PM

What everyone in here needs to know is that gran turismo 2 is the best of the bunch.

(it also has old minis in it =])

#59 mike_mini_mad

mike_mini_mad

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:23 PM

What everyone in here needs to know is that gran turismo 2 is the best of the bunch.

(it also has old minis in it :()

I totally agree! One of my fav games of all time!

#60 POWER5LAVE

POWER5LAVE

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:32 PM

(it also has old minis in it :()

gran turismo 2 im afraid was a flop. it was rushed and didnt improve much over the original GT. ohhhh hold on we had arcade mode on a seperate disc. WOW im really glad i didnt waste my time playing that disc. i would say GT2 is nearlly as bad as that concept game with those weird japanese cars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users