31 replies to this topic

#31 markland

markland

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:05 PM

I'm 19 got insurance with Footman James on my 82 city e, all mods declared for £460 third party fire and theft with the discount for being a british mini club member, 200 excess and limited to 3000 miles a year (fine as it's my second car).

I really liked talking to them! the reps have decent knowledge on mini's, most insurers ain't got a clue about mini's and when for example your trying to tell them about chrome trim on the bumbers they make out that you have a full bodykit.

Join the mini club and phone the direct number! you get right through to someone who sells classic policies and knows there stuff.

#32 davidv

davidv

Flowers of JOY.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:23 AM

Well done aboves.Insurance subject has become a very big chat for all ages,i was young once and cover was not so expensive back then.As i have said before if you drive a classic mini i would say you are less risk and quite a mature driver.Crome bits are nice on a Mini,bumpers hub caps,mirrors,fuel cap etc..Its been quite a shock over the years that people still love the car in my youth they were very cheap to own,mend and enjoy.Third Party has also gone up a lot and you can not really claim much back,at least you have honest covers and they cost you a lot of your money to enjoy the road.Us old dogs do bark a bit. :) :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users