34 replies to this topic

#1 themanlegend

themanlegend

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 09:23 PM

Hello! I have standard '88 (mk 4?) rear light clusters but I REALLY want something different. My friends have mk I and mk II's on their mini's so these options cannot be copied (damn them).

I don't really like the lexus lights that don't look like lexus lights, or the opque clear lenses but quite like smoked lenses and the new super clear ones from minitrailers (http://www.minitrail.../superclear.htm).

So.... smoked (grey/dark) lenses

Clear lenses (pic attached hopefully) .......

What do you guys think? Any other ideas welcome! Thanks

TML

Attached Files

#2 1991Cooper

1991Cooper

Sgt. Allcock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 09:51 PM

Not really appreciating the super clean lenses! too much for me!

I had smoked but the red laquer on the bulbs has a tendancy to fade so you may find yourself getting pulled and having to change the bulbs or relauer then regularly.

But it's you car so your decision, i just got satndard ones, sometime simple is the most effective!

Attached Files

#3 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 08:12 AM

the full clear lense kit you have pictured by mini trailers is illegal. there is not reflectors on them.

even if you have the correct bulbs jod (dans ((w/b dtm man's sister)) ) is constantly bein pulled over for it.

#4 daveirish1

daveirish1

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 08:22 AM

hey nice mini TML, those wheels look deadly, any pics?

#5 bluebottle

bluebottle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:58 PM

those clear ones look like the outside light from the back of the house!

#6 themanlegend

themanlegend

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 08:26 PM

Wheels are new, haven't seen any others on a mini yet! Thanks for the compliment! They r 12x6 deep dish revolites

Attached Files

• Attached File  aff.GIF   0bytes   2 downloads

#7 themanlegend

themanlegend

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 09:04 PM

ok.... so, what lenses?

TML

#8 daveirish1

daveirish1

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 10:03 AM

i saw these awesome ones in mini world mag this month, in the readers cars section, the custom cooper with shelby stripes. the lights still look like proper mini lights but are flush with the body. wonder how hard that'd be to do :)

#9 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 20 April 2004 - 10:05 AM

They are cool, u could alwys stick the reflector sumwhere else...

#10 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 10:18 AM

maybe but ive been told theyr very strict over it but you could try, maybe theyr nicer and more lenient up there

#11 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 20 April 2004 - 10:58 AM

maybe but ive been told theyr very strict over it but you could try, maybe theyr nicer and more lenient up there

Could just be us cooperman. Kent Traffic Police pulled me for clear rear clusters on my clio. He kept me for 2 hours and then gave me a producer that required certification that red reflectors had been fitted and checked by an MOT garage.

#12 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • 29,428 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:17 PM

why not try doing the circle kit fitted to the rear lights, cant remember where i seen them or what there called ...

anyone got any ideas what there called because im banging my head hear lol :grin:

#13 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:35 PM

I think mark means ROUND taillights :) As those advertised by AutoFashion in minimagazine (full page with all the body kits and stuff).

Kit costs 100 and comes with everything you need. If that's what your mini's style is like, go for it.

#14 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:37 PM

To be honest I think I'd advise you to go with mk1 lights. Your car isn't one of those bodykitted ones, but very nicely and tastefully modded, and mk1 lights would REALLY go IMHO. So what if your friend has them? If you want to be different you could give the orange lens a light coat of red to match the taillight lens, and then you'll have all red lights.

(Don't know how orange the light would then be, even if using an orange bulb. Around here they don't care bout that sort of thing but they might where you are at!)

#15 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:57 AM

do you mean continental lights mark?

QUOTE (minicooperman @ Apr 20 2004, 10:18 AM)

Could just be us cooperman. Kent Traffic Police pulled me for clear rear clusters on my clio. He kept me for 2 hours and then gave me a producer that required certification that red reflectors had been fitted and checked by an MOT garage.

On your clio?! blimey theyr really upping the tempo. i thought thet were jus doin it on minis not other cars.. sheesh..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users