Mark :wales:

#32 dean_chad

dean_chad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:49 PM

ive gotta say 1 thing thoug, with the lsd and the new frond end that puts it up to a woping 6.2 k!!!!! although the kit is of excellent quality i as disapointed that front hubs are not in with the price i bbrought my shell, hubless thinkin they were in the kit.... yet another £500 then! its seems to be getting a little out of hand. what hubs do the cad 4 pot cooversions fit? does anyone know where  a reasonable price front kit from?

How much was the front end (Tubular subframe) as my kit(£5000) was £5900 with the reverse(£400) and the LSD(£500) How much extra was it?? Bear in mind though that you still gotta buy adjustable bottom arms and tie rods for a standard subframe whereas the new frame comes complete with everything bar the hubs/brakes.
The tubular subframe has different fixings for the radiator so it must be for the honda RWD model as that has a different fuel tank & radiator setup.

You mention £500 for the hubs??? How about Under a £100 if you get a set from e-bay and recondition them yourself and fit new bearing etc???
Front brakes are personal choice!!!! You could use std 2 pots if you are on a budget but metro 4 pots are available for under £100 aswell on e-bay.

Anyway what engine are you running? When is the kit ready for you aswell??
Also where did you get the side scoops/ducts from?

sorry might av got that a smidge wrong i think with the kit he said the fron end is £650 or £1k on its own. i would ring to make sure

as for front hubs thanks all for letting me know thats helped loads lads. i would like to buy all new parts but i think that option may have to be some things recond!

the air ducts are plazma cut into the bodywork and look better in real the picture doesnt really do it justice.

im running an r1 hopefully around 3 years or younger, im ordering the kit just after xmas, chris said they take around 5 weeks.......... as for the powder coating, 75 squid is a really good price. my mate had his 2 rocker covers powdercoated for his v8, cost him 50 squid!

#33 dean_chad

dean_chad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:52 PM

Nearl forgot dean, dont cut you floor to the exact measurements in the DVD as you end up with a gap across the tunnel :) leave about 1/2" extra along the edge and cut it when you have trial fitted the kit :smartass:
Just a tip for you from expierience and if you look closely on the DVD it is also a gap on there car aswell!!!!!!

Like this one........

thanks mark, luckerly ive cut about 1inch back from the finish line as ive a few other things first to do!

#34 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:53 PM

why dont you get a project thread going now then?
Its good to see all the different ideas people have!!!!!! :wink:

#35 dean_chad

dean_chad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:56 PM

to be honest im not sure why. i was goin to do it through my own website as thats fell through, theres lots of bike engined projects on ere just didnt want to make it erm well samey!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users