#16 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:38 PM

o.k now for a few internal bits:

The pedals i have the green bit was originally orange but i.m going for a few green highlights dotted around with metallic carbon grey and satin black.

Posted Image

Posted Image

lovely trigger hand brake
Posted Image

Stainless window winder bottoms
Posted Image

Carbon fibre faceplate to a heater (i decide to change the heater to a modern one from CBS as it is lighter and smaller)
Posted Image

Steering wheel and snap off boss

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally for pictures my seats

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I do have but have not photographed corbeau retractable three point black harness's, carbon fibre door cards & dash, Koso digi dash and stainless fuels lines.

Also due to the nature of what i do at uni (fashion design would you believe it) i will be doing interior trim such as my headlining made out of Black Alcantara i already have the material and it is lush stuff ;)

Edited by blue blood, 06 December 2010 - 10:31 PM.

#17 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:47 PM

boot bits:
I am going to dedicate my boot to my fuel system. I have an alloy fuel tank which will be filled up by opening the boot so there will be no visible fuel caps from the out side. This is what is what i have that is going in the boot thus far:

1 Fuel cell/tank
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 Fuel pump and cradle

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 free flowing pre fuel pump filter and a sytec alloy fuel filter and bracket. All fuel lines are high pressure stainless steel braided with black alloy hose connectors.

For a more stream line curvaceous look on the bum of the de-seamed i have made up some aluminium internal boot hinges which will be bolted to the floor and brackets moulded to the fibreglass bonnet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by blue blood, 06 December 2010 - 09:50 PM.

#18 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

Those seats are gorgeous ;)

#19 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

External parts:

Now i have had quite a journey in terms of wheel arches and boot lids. I originally purchased miglia arches from arc angels but as a few people know they only sell two front pairs so i had to sell them then i went to tdk (dave kimberly) I purchased a double skin boot lid and some real miglia arches but the boot lid fit really poorly and the arches gel coat quality was something to be desired. Don't get me wrong there was nothing wrong with the products and Dave is a really descent fella but the quality of his products lacked compared to the company i finally settled on buying my boot lid and arches off which is curley. The products i cannot nock at all they are amazing and the quality is fantastic there will be very little shaping for fitment on them. Even though they are a little more money than other sellers of the same product out there the curley people have been doing their thing since near the beginning!

This was Daves boot lid:

Posted Image

As i said nothing wrong with it but it just wasn't what i wanted in quality oh well lesson learnt.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Right for my rear suspension i did by a TDK beam axle but i sold it as i didn't like it! It was a very well made item but the minus didn't like it being offered up as it stuck out on the edges and gave no clearance for the exhaust! I din't like the fact it wasn't adjustable and that you had to weld the settings you wanted onto it! I wouldn't know what setup i wanted straight away and it would be hard to change once done. I also didn't see the point in having it zinc coated as you had to drill your own mounting points so therefore defeats the object of having them coated as it exposes metal same with the welding for the radius arm positioning.
Just so everyone is clear i am in no way having a go at Dave he is a good guy and his products are fine just weren't for me with the quality.

o.k pulling away from all that i decided to go for rear titanium beam which has been ordered coupled with rear radius arms, front top arms and.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The tie bars and bottom arms are amazing and ridiculously light. I did originally by a pair of heavy duty tie bars from MRA and the adjustable lower arms from MRA but they were steel and would one back corrode away one day but they were really good too! just not as amazing as the titanium ones i have now.

carrying on with external items:

rear jewell lenses

Posted Image

Posted Image

carbon fibre F1 mirrors

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also have a front heated windscreen and have polycarbonate side windows.

#20 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

These are my doors that i have started to rebuild i have bought some aluminium hinges which are meant for fibre glass doors but my doors are smaller and will have polycarbonate windows so i think the hinges will cope!

original doors with top frame cut off
Posted Image

donor doors from the MPI shell:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have taken the skins off since this picture as i wasn't happy with them and so will be re skining them in the near future hopefully but as you can see in the pictures i have sculpted the bottom corners to curve round on the corners like they are on normal size doors. This allows the door cards to have an allocated cut off point and for the door seal to make a better well....seal ;)

Well i think that is it really for the time being guys and gals i bet i've missed a lot out and i haven't taken photos of a few things but i will try and keep everyone posted on progress as i go along but its hard to juggle uni work and any form of life be it a hobby or even going out for a drink!

Hope you all enjoy reading and looking at my stuff Regards to all Blue

#21 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

Those seats are gorgeous ;)

I know i bought them from the company which sell all OMP bits on ebay but i purchased them of their website which was a little cheaper and when i went to pay it asked me if i had a discount code. 5mins later after searching on the net i had a 15% discount code on top of the cheaper website price result :(

#22 charie t

charie t

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,153 posts
  • Local Club: wreake mini wanderers

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

some nice bits there.
how much were your titanium bits, and where did you get them from?

Edited by charie t, 07 December 2010 - 05:18 PM.

#23 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:05 PM

some nice bits there.

Looks like Force Racing to me

#24 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

wow
talk about christmas come early :goaway:

#25 Chris C

Chris C

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

Just stumbled upon this, looking very nice! I've got a bit of a hankering for a minus or a sprint, they just look so cool. Shame I probably wouldn't fit in one. Are you going to be retaining a horn button on the wheel?

Carl's parts look sexy as always, be sure to take lots of pictures of the beam for us jealous types.

#26 KieronBoz

KieronBoz

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Local Club: LMCC

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

what seats are they where from etc?! lol, also same with the heated screen :goaway:

#27 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

Just stumbled upon this, looking very nice! I've got a bit of a hankering for a minus or a sprint, they just look so cool. Shame I probably wouldn't fit in one. Are you going to be retaining a horn button on the wheel?

Carl's parts look sexy as always, be sure to take lots of pictures of the beam for us jealous types.

No horn button on the wheel as the wheel is connected to a snap of boss. I no you can get loads of other boss' but they all look really big a nd bulky and well not my style. This one is small and very well made by a small company i found on ebay.

To be honest if you want a straight forward build get a sprint the 3inches taken out on a minus body mess's so many things up and verything has to be custom done so takes forever!

#28 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

what seats are they where from etc?! lol, also same with the heated screen :goaway:

The seats are from a company called YBracing i think easy enough to find on ebay but buy of their site as it's cheaper. The windscreen i was lucky actually i think i paid about £50 punds and collected it as it was up the road from me in Bromsgrove. It was a person selling a brand new one on ebay he was just setting up a mini shop and was trying out selling on ebay but no one bid on it apart from me! so sold for starting price:)

#29 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:26 PM

some nice bits there.

Titanium bits are from force racing of carl.
I have ordered a lot of things of him in one go which was a bit cheaper but i do not feel inclined to say how much i spent i'm afraid. Also if my girl friend is reading this she would kill me if i put a figure!

#30 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

A few more bits i have for you guys to salivate over :thumbsup:

carbon door guards a snip at under £15 off ebay :(

Posted Image

Alloy door hinges from DSN

Posted Image

Posted Image

KAD quadrants

Posted Image

Sytec alloy fuel filter

Posted Image

Posted Image

Speed flow alloy cap and steel base for me to weld on to my rocker cover so i can put it on the side and have a smooth bonnet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now for parts i've made for the car:

This is my heater i got from CBS with a stainless steel brushed frame i made with a stainless retaining hex bolt on the bottom. Also made a carbon fibre face plate

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Without face

Posted Image

With face

Posted Image

Also made some window winder handle knobs just to be a bit different. All my handle will be anodised black and as you may just about be able to see in the picture will have stainless steel hex button head bolts holding them together.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Designs for the knobs

Posted Image

turned some rocker cover washers in some aluminium

Posted Image

and made some carbon fibre lock surround inserts

Posted Image

Sorry about the poor image quality but the best i could do with a phone!

Edited by blue blood, 08 December 2010 - 10:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users