377 replies to this topic

#46 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

Are you going to have to get an SVA test and will it need to be registered as Q plate when you've finished?

Will be a Q. I have been trying to get my hands on an original minus v5 but no luck :) Regards Blue

Edited by blue blood, 23 December 2010 - 09:12 AM.

#47 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

A few more things i had hidden away and what i've been working on.

Saving weight and room again i have a Varley Red top 25 race battery with matching Varley aluminium bracket :) This will be going under the bonnet to save me from having a big ugly battery battery cable running through the car. It also means i don't have to buy yards of battery cable :lol:
I bought brass male adaptors for the battery to make it more user friendly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also a koso Digital dash. I like this design as it is very compact and means i don't have to clutter up my carbon dash with loads of clocks! and it is in black:)

Posted Image

They next pictures are of the ends of my rear strut bar i ma part way through making. These will be mounted on the suspension turrets on the top of the coil-overs thread. They are made from thick Stainless steel box section, with heavy duty rod ends and a titanium bolt for strength and weight. I have yet to turn some end caps for the 4mm thick aluminium tube i have for the bar but the ends will be threaded and will be adjustable on the car :trooper: I have sketches somewhere of all the dimensions. I'm so glad i don't have a standard tank or this wouldn't be a possibility design :crazy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is all for now. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas :) Regards Blue

#48 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

Time for a small photo up date:
One of my pro-tech rear coil-overs (rear ones are off set as tubing rear fibre glass arches are a bit more difficult and not really an option for me!

Posted Image

These are my carbon fibre door cards Still need smoothing on the edge though! They have some strengthening strands of kevlar woven in which is call they come up as very faint big squares (but i can't get that kind of quality photo to show you on my crappy phone :D)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see rear door cards aren't like normal door cards due to an angled roll bar built in to the shell!

Finally my carbon dash in its basic shape still needs messing with in shaping and a space cut for my Koso digi-dash.

Posted Image

#49 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Local Club: Boxhill Mini Club

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

Looking good! Seems like we buy the same things! I've got those exact mirrors on my current mini. ha.

Do you still have those spreader plates?

#50 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

awsome thread man

#51 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

Looking good! Seems like we buy the same things! I've got those exact mirrors on my current mini. ha.

Which spreader plates? Thanks for the comments guys
Regards Blue

#52 R.S.P

R.S.P

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Local Club: Durham mini club

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

Loving the build with all this titanium and carbon whats the planned final weight?

#53 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

Loving the build with all this titanium and carbon whats the planned final weight?

feather light. To be honest the weight isn't my major concern durability is. I mean im not going to modify the MPI engine internally (such as lightened fly wheels etc) as after a few years i will upgrade to a 2.0L Vauxhall (possibly a titanium front subframe which would be the first one in existence but i have to see how funds and things go in the future). Im glad you like it. I will definitely hit it hard this summer. Regards Blue

#54 grahama

grahama

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts
  • Local Club: None in my area !!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

Hi,

just wondering about the battery you have chosen. Thinking of doing this myself to be honest, but didn't think that smaller batteries could handle a modern car set up with all the spotlights, stereo stuff etc. Will the battery you have chosen handle these things in addition to running the car essentials, lights etc, or is it for your stripped out, lightened version??

Thanks,

Graham

#55 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hi,

just wondering about the battery you have chosen. Thinking of doing this myself to be honest, but didn't think that smaller batteries could handle a modern car set up with all the spotlights, stereo stuff etc. Will the battery you have chosen handle these things in addition to running the car essentials, lights etc, or is it for your stripped out, lightened version??

Thanks,

Graham

Should handle everything i have. I mean i'm not having a large sub or anything but it should be o.k as far as i know. I mean there are boy racers which use these in their suped up stuff. As long as your alternator is running it should be fine mate :D Regards Blue

#56 rosco454

rosco454

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:15 PM

Fair play to you,all the right bits are going onto this one.Will be watching with interest (and even though I hate to admit it a touch of jealousy) :D

Cheers Ross.

#57 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

Fair play to you,all the right bits are going onto this one.Will be watching with interest (and even though I hate to admit it a touch of jealousy) :D

Cheers Ross.

Yeah im sinking quite a bit of money into this but i want to keep it forever so it will be priceless to me once im finished:). Thanks for the comments again:) Regards Blue

#58 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

Regards Blue

Whatever you have? I havent got any with my shell. Would really help my build to have a couple to use as templates or even use.

#59 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

Regards Blue

Whatever you have? I havent got any with my shell. Would really help my build to have a couple to use as templates or even use.

I don't know which ones you are referring to. Regards Blue

#60 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

The original ones that you painted but then decided to use thicker metal. Front subframe mountings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users