leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:24 PM

Mini Spares did have some for sale at £3.76 each...out of stock now.. :w00t:

O right. I have a list of stuff I need to order from them for my other mini that I'm gonna do while that VAT offers on. I may add them to the bottom of the list if they get any more back in stock.

#17 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

Right well over the last few days I did a few bits. I removed the GT badge off the grill. Its not a GT so why have it on their. I also added some dice dust caps.

Posted Image

Anyway I came home from college today and had a look round my car as it has got pretty dam dirty and look what I spotted.

Posted Image

I'm so bloody annoyed right now. I'v only filled it up twice since I had it and its done this. Gonna get it booked in to the paint shop ASAP to see if he can sort it.

Edited by leaky, 18 October 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#18 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

Nice dust caps. They are easy to nick so be careful when you use them. Huey lost all his matching blue ones within a year, and not all at once.

#19 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:06 PM

Nice dust caps. They are easy to nick so be careful when you use them. Huey lost all his matching blue ones within a year, and not all at once.

Yea I'm wondering how long they will last lol. They survived day one in the college car park today so its longer then I thought they would last lol.

#20 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

Right well today I attempted to get something done bit hit a stumbling block. I found out the dash that I was meant to put in my red car. This is now gonna go in the clubby for 2 reasons. 1. as said before speedo in the clubby does not work so I'll put this dash in with the 2 clock speedo I have. 2. My red cars going back to the center speedo it should have so I wouldn't have needed this dash anyway. I went to fit the speedo to the dash and hit a problem.

Heres the dash. From here it looks like the speedo is in fine.
Posted Image

But if you look here the speedo does not fit flush at the bottom.
Posted Image

I thought it wasn't pushed in enough. But if you look at the back the speedo its as far down as it will go.

Posted Image

So is this just a badly made dash? Or is it something to do with the speedo.

Any ideas what's wrong with this? Is it something stupid I cant see?

O yes and another idea I'v had. Not 100% sure if I'll do it or not but I'm thinking of sticker bombing the glove box and the speedo surround. What's everybody's thought? In case you don't know what sticker bombing is look at this.

Posted Image

#21 yousmeg

yousmeg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet...

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

O yes and another idea I'v had. Not 100% sure if I'll do it or not but I'm thinking of sticker bombing the glove box and the speedo surround. What's everybody's thought? In case you don't know what sticker bombing is look at this.

Posted Image

I think its a good idea

Havent seen it done before

#22 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

Posted Image

I think its a good idea

Havent seen it done before

I'm still not 100%. I guess they are only stickers so if it does look cack I can remove it quite easily. I'm gonna think about it and see how many stickers I have.

#23 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:57 PM

Right. A small update from me. Not used the car in ages due to the snow so the other day I went to start it to take it to the paint shop and I ended up just flattening the battery. I charged it up a few days after this an finally got it going. Then while looking under the bonnet whole the engines running I spotted some sparking.

Posted Image

Anyway I uploaded this pic to facebook and within seconds Roofless had told me what was up with it and how to fix it. Massive thanks to him for that as I had never even heard of this happening before so really had no clue. Theirs a loose connection on the coil and its Arking with a HT lead. Luckily I have all the bits needed to sort this out. Just not done it yet and I'v still not got it to the body shop for them to look at the petrol spill mishap. I'v also ordered a petrol cap bib on ebay so this should reduce the risk of me ruining the paint once again.

I'v also got a few other ideas for the clubby that I would like to start on. 1 being a rubber duck gear knob. An idea that Jack gave me. 2. A lego parcel shelf. Although I never realized how expensive lego boards were and I don't really want to buy new ones to cut up so I'm just gonna keep an eye out on ebay and in charity shops.

Anyway thats it.

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for reading.

#24 malcs_miniturbo

malcs_miniturbo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

clubman looks mint

#25 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Local Club: EDMC AND MMC

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:44 PM

Lego parcel shelf sounds immense!

#26 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:34 PM

clubman looks mint

Thanks.

Lego parcel shelf sounds immense!

HAHA glad you like it. I'v just come back from spending a couple of days in Cardiff. They have a lego shop their and found the base boards. I need 4 and they were £6.99 each. Way too expensive. Just gonna keep an eye out of second hand ones.

Anyway I did a small bit of work today nothing major. I fixed the Arking which basically just involved tidying up the wiring and fitting new HT leads. I also changed a bulb so both my tail lights work. Yaaaaay.

That is all. Thanks.

#27 yousmeg

yousmeg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet...

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:12 AM

HAHA glad you like it. I'v just come back from spending a couple of days in Cardiff. They have a lego shop their and found the base boards. I need 4 and they were £6.99 each. Way too expensive. Just gonna keep an eye out of second hand ones.

Have a look in the local charity shops mate theres bound to be loads there

#28 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

I will do.

Anyway I have another update and not really a good one. I was going to work this morning and the bloody quick shift came off. And I ended up with a floppy nob lol.

Posted Image

Any I removed the gator and you can see what's happened.

Posted Image

Anyway in my lunch brake me and a mate went out and got it back in so I could at least get home. Which I did. So I really do need to get my other shifter put on ASAP now.

Anyway thats about it. Hopefully sometime I may be able to go more than a week without braking something.

Thanks.

Edited by leaky, 18 October 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#29 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:03 PM

Right did a few bits today. I cleaned up the standard gear shifter ready to go on. Although I forgot to get any pics of this. Anyway that should be going on 2moz all being well. I also fitted my petrol tank bib. Looks pretty cool I think.

Posted Image

And lastly I also started to sticker bomb the dash that I shall be fitting to it. I still need more stickers though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyway thats it for now. Happy New Year all and thanks for reading.
:thumbsup:

Edited by leaky, 18 October 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#30 mentalmini89

mentalmini89

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

great project and lovely clubby mate i love the dash looks sweet has it been lowered at all
cheers and i like the petrol bib lol where did u get it from
dean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users