23 replies to this topic

#16 mk3cortina

mk3cortina

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:20 PM

wish i could afford the £1200 for that, nevermind, ill just have to stick with my chain diff that i had to make, its not hard, why dont you make your own up?

#17 1380sprint

1380sprint

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

i really like the idea of these r1 kits!

#18 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

having done extensive, and I mean extensive research into costs of all conversions, taking into consideration the lack of any major body modifications required for its intsallation, no need for flip fronts if you dont want to, or extended front ends, no need to remove inner wings, and no bulkhead modifications at all ( except for a small hole or two )......the fact you use your existing driveshafts and brakes ( if suitable ) you get your loom, gearshift, radiator, hoses, and also taking into consideration the speed at which the conversion can be done.......AND you now get reverse as part of the package.....the pro-motive kit is actually astounding value for money.

I know how long it takes the guys to build a kit - in hours and minutes, I know what their out-source costs are....they make a very small margin on what is a lot of work, and has taken years in development.

Edited by roofless, 17 December 2010 - 03:56 PM.

#19 1380sprint

1380sprint

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

do 2nd hand kits pop up often ?

#20 mk3cortina

mk3cortina

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

never seen a second hand kit yet.

#21 kez_19

kez_19

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:44 PM

i have been looking in to doing one of these conversions and i have been considering the z cars kit as you get the roll cage included whereas the pro motive kit although cheaper doesn't come with the roll cage so that would have to be added in to the price then the promotive kit is front wheel drive and the z cars is rear wheel drive ( i have never driven either a front or rear wheel drive mc powered car so i don't know the difference ) but i would think it was harder to get the power down with a front wheel drive car but i wait to be corrected on that

i also have a question i have absolutely no previous experience with mc engines how much knowledge is needed before owning one of these cars?? i have worked as a ford car mechanic a long time ago so i can fix car engines but never really had much to do with hondas what would you guys that have experience in owning these different types of cars recommend

thanks michael

#22 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:28 AM

do 2nd hand kits pop up often ?

yep - there have been 3 gone through the mill that I know of......there is one kit that is on its 3rd owner.!

in recent weeks an unfinished project was available as a running car for approx £3000.00

Edited by roofless, 21 December 2010 - 10:34 AM.

#23 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:32 AM

i have been looking in to doing one of these conversions and i have been considering the z cars kit as you get the roll cage included whereas the pro motive kit although cheaper doesn't come with the roll cage so that would have to be added in to the price then the promotive kit is front wheel drive and the z cars is rear wheel drive ( i have never driven either a front or rear wheel drive mc powered car so i don't know the difference ) but i would think it was harder to get the power down with a front wheel drive car but i wait to be corrected on that

i also have a question i have absolutely no previous experience with mc engines how much knowledge is needed before owning one of these cars?? i have worked as a ford car mechanic a long time ago so i can fix car engines but never really had much to do with hondas what would you guys that have experience in owning these different types of cars recommend

thanks michael

pro-mo can do roll cages if you want them to, I think with Z cars conversion its safe for me to say you MUST have the roll cage as you're cutting a very large part of the mini away.

as far as getting the power down, I think the Z's are usually seen as faster in a straight line......however.....I did get a faster 1/4 mile time than a Z at IMM in Holland :thumbsup:

in fairness he was having problems.......but since, he has now bought and built a Pro-Mo as well ;)

#24 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

oops....double post :thumbsup:

Edited by roofless, 21 December 2010 - 10:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users