Merry xmas all by the way :xmas:

#17 shed

shed

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

yea whatever. this is how suggestions usually turn out so i shouldnt be suprised

#18 littlemissmagic

littlemissmagic

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:23 PM

does seem a bit like a suggestion doesnt really get considered

#19 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

Good grief!!

What would you have rather I said, "yes we'll consider it", knowing full well that we won't?

I gave you an honest reply.

The new rules are there to protect everyone, they've only just been put in place and are working very well indeed, we've caught 1 potential scammer in its first week.

#20 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:27 PM

we like to wind you up shifty so dont take it to heart
just Forum Feedback and Questions :xmas:

#21 shed

shed

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

Good grief!!

What would you have rather I said, "yes we'll consider it", knowing full well that we won't?

I gave you an honest reply.

The new rules are there to protect everyone, they've only just been put in place and are working very well indeed, we've caught 1 potential scammer in its first week.

so you admit you dont consider suggetions?! id like to think you WOULD discuss it with other mods AND come back in a couple of days with reasons why rather than just YOUR say so

im not saying there shouldnt be rules BUT as ive already said, 150 posts is hard for quieter people to reach and they shouldnt feel that they have to pay in order to make a post.

#22 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

i think its because shifty's on the xmas shift he's getting abit grumpy!

#23 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

We consider all suggestions, in this case the classified system has just undergone a major overhaul and all the mods and team have been involved in the discussion and setting up.

We've all agreed on the post count and in this case since its so new there no need for further discussion.

I'm currently the mod who has taken primary responsibilty for the new system as well.

150 posts isn't a lot to ask for in return for using our services.

#24 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:36 PM

i think its because shifty's on the xmas shift he's getting abit grumpy!

I'm always grumpy, must be getting old or something!!

#25 shed

shed

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:38 PM

We consider all suggestions, in this case the classified system has just undergone a major overhaul and all the mods and team have been involved in the discussion and setting up.

We've all agreed on the post count and in this case since its so new there no need for further discussion.

I'm currently the mod who has taken primary responsibilty for the new system as well.

150 posts isn't a lot to ask for in return for using our services.

so really the TMF team have decided and its final. so why ask for suggestions and feedback if you dont consider it? Im not asking to change the layout, stucture, looks or anything.

return for using our services...... its a forum, as a regular member you dont offer anything more than any other forum offers its members, just advice on a particular subject.

#26 littlemissmagic

littlemissmagic

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

150 makes perfect sense for the for sale section
but is a bit high for a wanted advert considering the person placing the advert is the one that potentially could be scammed so having a 150 post count isnt going to protect you from someone who has just joined answering your ad......

if it was purely to stop scamming, then shouldnt the whole area be a protected section?

#27 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

I think I've already said(in a very nice way) that on this particular subject there's not going to be a change.

The post count is there to act as a deterrent to scammers, its not going to be changed anytime soon as its a rule that helps to protect us all.

I really don't get your point?

We welcome all suggestions and comments, its impractical of us to act or action them all, everyone wants something different. We simply can't please everybody all of the time.

#28 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

to be fair my point about the TMF+ is valid and may warrant looking at

#29 shed

shed

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:47 PM

just delete the thread and have a good shift if yer at work.

dont have a spare twin hs4 manifold do you?

#30 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:49 PM

Jeeze just read this topic. A few replies from me: We don't 'make' money, it goes back into the forum, yes our server costs are high but to run something as big as TMF it isn't cheap. I'm not really sure what that has to do with the post count thing but I thought I'd reply to it anyway as I'm a treasurer.

As Shifty said the wanted section was set up very recently and agreed by the team after reviewing what we've experienced with the old system. It's not long gone 'live' so we will keep a close eye on how it's going, if we find that there are hardly any wanted ads because of the post count needed or other faults/flaws they will be changed. We do listen to feedback and the amount of people requesting a particular thing to be changed so I can only encourage others to come forward if they are finding the same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users