65 replies to this topic

#46 shed

shed

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:48 AM

fail to believe that people will only sell to others purely on the basis of post count. you dont even know how many posts people have done anyway.

#47 wardyxxx

wardyxxx

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Club

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

I'm with Shifty on this. Glad you've changed it.

#48 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:25 AM

one for Deathrow

is it even possible to have a different post count of the for sale and wanted sections ?

you might be arguing over something that can't be changed

#49 ductape009

ductape009

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

I've got a solution!!! Just hang around in the "word association" topic for a few days and you'll be golden. ;D

I've been on the site nearly a year now with 30 some odd post. To be honest I'm not to bothered. If something is for sale in the classifieds, but can't respond. Just send the seller a PM and go from there. If I was selling, it would make no difference to me how I was contacted by a prospective buyer. Yes I understand the idea make it public so you don't get screwed if the deal goes bad. If that's a worry save all correspondence and use Paypal, thus having a proper paper trail.

#50 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

I've got a solution!!! Just hang around in the "word association" topic for a few days and you'll be golden. ;D
you don't gain post counts in this section
I've been on the site nearly a year now with 30 some odd post. To be honest I'm not to bothered. If something is for sale in the classifieds, but can't respond. Just send the seller a PM and go from there.
you can reply to topics in the for sale section just not start them
If I was selling, it would make no difference to me how I was contacted by a prospective buyer. Yes I understand the idea make it public so you don't get screwed if the deal goes bad. If that's a worry save all correspondence and use Paypal, thus having a proper paper trail
we try to get members to use something like paypal, it's even a note at the top of the section

#51 ductape009

ductape009

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:12 PM

you don't gain post counts in this section
I've been on the site nearly a year now with 30 some odd post. To be honest I'm not to bothered. If something is for sale in the classifieds, but can't respond. Just send the seller a PM and go from there.
you can reply to topics in the for sale section just not start them
If I was selling, it would make no difference to me how I was contacted by a prospective buyer. Yes I understand the idea make it public so you don't get screwed if the deal goes bad. If that's a worry save all correspondence and use Paypal, thus having a proper paper trail
we try to get members to use something like paypal, it's even a note at the top of the section

I'm just having fun with my first post. Hadn't paid to much attention to the classified section, so I wasn't aware of that. For what its worth for another safe trading tip, could be something along the lines of "If sending an item through the post, have it registered/tracked". That way the seller is covered if the item doesn't show up.

#52 100ev8

100ev8

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:45 PM

well i got lots of good usefull mini stuff to sell but its gotta go on ebay because i cant post in for sale section .

#53 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

one for Deathrow

is it even possible to have a different post count of the for sale and wanted sections ?

you might be arguing over something that can't be changed

mentioned that earlier,
thinking about it its a different subforum then For Sale and i dont think there is post limit for the whole section Classifieds And Consumers Area?

so it is entirely possible to change the limit on the Wanted section

#54 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:44 PM

i think the post count thing is a great idea if it keeps scammers away, but i dont think that the wanted section should be 150 posts like for sale :/ could the wanted section not be a little less.....? when my money has gone in my bank i will be paying to be a TMF+ member so im not really bothered to be honest but i thought it would make sense for the wanted section to be less posts

#55 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • Local Club: Naaa......

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:14 PM

what the hell is the problem here then?. If people are genuinely that outraged that they need 150 posts to place a wanted ad, then they why can't they pay a mere 5 quid on membership?. It's all about give and take, if they are not willing to do either of the above, then why should they be allowed to use that part of the forum?. Not really that hard to grasp is it??

I loathed the old classifieds system. Granted, I don't have any need to buy and sell on here anymore, but from what I've seen its a much, MUCH better setup. It's there to protect us members at the end of the day.

merry xmas

#56 danrock101

danrock101

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:26 PM

exactly
you get out what you put in

#57 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Local Club: Rusty Nuts Minis, Leicester

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

I for one totally agree with the "new" old system. Didnt like the selling section recently, there was no way of posting the reply to questions for all to see. There should be a post limit for the selling and wanted sections, if you want to advertise something instantly using Ebay. To post there, you either need to add something to the forum with posts OR by joining TMF+. If you were to place an advert on many websites, it would cost you a tenner! Stop complaining when you are onto a good thing!

#58 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

well i got lots of good usefull mini stuff to sell but its gotta go on ebay because i cant post in for sale section .

So you'd rather pay £5 on commisson for 1 item to eBay than pay £5 to advertise as many items as you like?

I hate using ebay to sell stuff, I always sell on here as a preference. Stuff is easier to sell, no utter idiots, makes life a damm sight easier.

#59 minimadgriff

minimadgriff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

how do you actually become a TMF + member? I have no issue with suppoting a forum in exhange for info and the chance to pick up some bargins etc

#60 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

My control at the top ^ then at the bottom on the left in the side bar thing look for 'purchase paid subscriptions' ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users