33 replies to this topic

#1 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

I think it would be a good idea to appoint mods to consider members suggestions. I understand that the admin/mod team like to say they listen to all comments, but they also say the suggestion centre they have in the staff room rarely gets looked at because they do not have time to do so.

If time cannot be made by the current team to handle all the workload, then surely the best interests of TMF would be served by appointing more staff

#2 samperks

samperks

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Local Club: looking

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

someone wants a job :)
jking but yeah maybe thats the case, might ease some pressure off the current mods.

#3 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

We are all involved in considering members suggestions, and would have to continue to do so if we appointed a "suggestion mod" as we can't leave one person in charge of deciding where a suggestion goes, so it's a waste of time really (sorry)... The actioning (or not) of a suggestion for change/improvement has to be a group decision regardless. As an aside, the staff room is used all the time, just not by all of us at once!

#4 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

We are all involved in considering members suggestions, and would have to continue to do so if we appointed a "suggestion mod" as we can't leave one person in charge of deciding where a suggestion goes, so it's a waste of time really (sorry)... The actioning (or not) of a suggestion for change/improvement has to be a group decision regardless. As an aside, the staff room is used all the time, just not by all of us at once!

As the title states "Suggestion Mods" ie plural so nothing would be left to one person. The suggestion was made as, in the words of one staff member "we rarely get time to consider members suggestions". Can you suggest an alternative that would not involve the current team in more work AND would allow suggestion to be considered?

#5 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

Suggestions ARE considered, we DO make time where we can, the fact is that it takes time because there is often alot to consider!

We can never keep everyone happy we can only aim to please the majority, and in my opinion it's better to spend plenty of time going over the pros and cons of something, rather than get another however many people in just to rush decisions through, it just doesn't seem necessary...

Of course these are just my own opinions >_<

#6 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

Suggestions ARE considered, we DO make time where we can, the fact is that it takes time because there is often alot to consider!

We can never keep everyone happy we can only aim to please the majority, and in my opinion it's better to spend plenty of time going over the pros and cons of something, rather than get another however many people in just to rush decisions through, it just doesn't seem necessary...

Of course these are just my own opinions >_<

I fully appreciate the work load you guys have, however I do not consider 6 months a rush. (Suggestion made by various people in last year's Zero Tolerance thread have still not been decided.) I am not suggesting "rushing decisions through" just a method of easing your workload. Maybe you could let us all know when a particular suggestion is being considered. The suggestion mods need not be given anymore power than to consider suggestions if that is a worry for you.

#7 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

mmm, should be interesting to see the outcome of this... >_<

#8 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

I'm afraid that someone on the TMF team has already beaten you to this idea.

http://www.theminifo...howtopic=175936

Minikid took the inititive and has been working on this project himself.

Some very good ideas have come out of this as well.

#9 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

I'm afraid that someone on the TMF team has already beaten you to this idea.

http://www.theminifo...howtopic=175936

Minikid took the inititive and has been working on this project himself.

Some very good ideas have come out of this as well.

Shifty, you are a lovely guy but please read the thread. I'm not asking for mods to make suggestions or anyone to ask what they would like changed. I'm suggesting appointing some suggestion mods to just consider members suggestion in a timely manner while taking part of the work load off you guys.

#10 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

Isn't that what minikid is doing?

Collecting up the ideas from the users and then presenting them to the rest of the team?

How does what he is doing already differ from what you're suggesting?

#11 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

he is suggesting appointing more members to be "mods" to ease the workload on you guys.

#12 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

To be honest it wouldn't be too much of a problem to let minikid carry on his work, but in an offical capactity, he's not currently a Mod but an area manger. Is this the kind of thing you were implying?

#13 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

Sam got it right in one. I'm suggesting some suggestion mods are appointed just to consider members ideas. This would take the pressure off the forum mods and allow suggestions to be considered in a timely manner. I made this suggestion after being told by a team member that you guys rarely have a chance to consider suggestions made.

#14 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

I like the idea to be honest, it would enable us to give our area mangers some more responsibilty that just looking after the regional sections.

They currently don't really have that much responsibilty and would give them a chance to get involved more.

We could maybe also divide it up into the regional sections as well?

By making better use of our existing personal it would also save having to take on new staff to handle it.

#15 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

I like the idea to be honest, it would enable us to give our area mangers some more responsibilty that just looking after the regional sections.

They currently don't really have that much responsibilty and would give them a chance to get involved more.

We could maybe also divide it up into the regional sections as well?

By making better use of our existing personal it would also save having to take on new staff to handle it.

Woopie...Shifty sees the light. Let the AMs act as suggestion mods. You will need to set up an area where they can discuss things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users