#31 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

i like the sound of this smooth engine bay malarky. i have already hidden all the wires possible but to smooth it all to would be the extreme of tidiness.

you dont have any wires on show, unlike my interpritation of spahetti junction.

#32 h4wx1e

h4wx1e

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Local Club: sutton mini club

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

i have when you flip it up thou, been thinking about running them down the centre of the brace bars. yours isnt spaghetti junction its abstract art mate :thumbsup:

#33 Stevee

Stevee
  • Members
  • 0 posts
  • Local Club: #

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

instead of hiding evrything why not just hide the easy stuff and then make evrything else look alot better, polish the brake and clutch cylinders, spray the fresh air vents in a shiny colour, spray the washer bottle or make one out of aluminium, anything else you can think of then it will look better and less cluttered :thumbsup:

your idea sounds slightly better

and the internal cylinders dont sound fun then :/ ill just have Brake cylinder & clutch cylinder on show and that be it :) nice shiny ones

#34 h4wx1e

h4wx1e

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

can you not get smaller reservoirs?

#35 Stevee

Stevee
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

yeah the clutch cylinder is the smallest you can buy i believe

#36 h4wx1e

h4wx1e

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:50 PM

i take it then that the small white plastic ones i have seen are part of the pedal boxes people have mentioned? i have seen alot of hot rods with these on to they would make it all look very clean. cant you move the brake master cylinder inside to?

#37 Stevee

Stevee
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:52 PM

i take it then that the small white plastic ones i have seen are part of the pedal boxes people have mentioned? i have seen alot of hot rods with these on to they would make it all look very clean. cant you move the brake master cylinder inside to?

The internal ones we were on about about 4 posts up :thumbsup:

#38 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

Personally I’d leave the master cylinders were that are, but maybe either replace them with new items or paint them up with some new copper lines or even braided ones.

#39 Stevee

Stevee
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

Personally I’d leave the master cylinders were that are, but maybe either replace them with new items or paint them up with some new copper lines or even braided ones.

That is a good idea :thumbsup: ill just polish and clean big stuff up and hide wiring away then

#40 MiniGT5

MiniGT5

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Local Club: www.edmc.co.uk

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:53 AM

One of these, with the reservoirs tucked under the bottom dash rail. It's what I'll be running it I can find the cash.

Thanks for the link... nice idea but it does not make sense to me as it says classic mini and cable clutch... all my minis have been hydro clutch? I thought only metros were cable clutch... does that mean you have to change the clutch arm setup?

N.

Edited by MiniGT5, 06 March 2011 - 03:56 AM.

#41 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for the link... nice idea but it does not make sense to me as it says classic mini and cable clutch... all my minis have been hydro clutch? I thought only metros were cable clutch... does that mean you have to change the clutch arm setup?

I've seen some of the Miglia and Hill Climb boys running cabe clutches before so that might be aimed at them. This one's full hydro though.

Edited by Tupers, 06 March 2011 - 05:44 AM.

#42 red_mini_MMM

red_mini_MMM

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:22 AM

I think it would look smart but dont most dub guys put covers over stuff then smooth them? Not loads of room in a mini engine bay. Good luck if you do, id love to see the pics.

#43 Stevee

Stevee
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:36 AM

well my wiring looms needs sorting out so i can hide all that :P so thats all good

think ill run the single line system brakes

#44 Stevee

Stevee
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:43 AM

Posted Image

Love It :P

#45 danie garry

danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • 2,296 posts
  • Local Club: IMOC-Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

I've seen some of the Miglia and Hill Climb boys running cabe clutches before so that might be aimed at them. This one's full hydro though.

thats 1 pricey bit a kit!! hydraulic throttle??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users