Photo

High End Sq Mini Install (son Of Ruckus)

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#46 Ruckus

Ruckus

Ice Ice Baby!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts
  • Local Club: SMOC

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:58 PM

Why not welding?

Can i pinch this idea Ruckus? im on the understanding that the rover cabriolets have something like this.

I shall be concluding my project that i started ages ago with a slightly new take on it all......

Ill also be turning my car into a bumble bee.

LOL you sleep a little as me then...

I cant Mig weld and I like to do as much as i can myself to be honest.
Plus the bowls are Stainless so the rust wont be a problem..

Pinch away nothings copyrighted when it come to Car audio installs.

And i think the cab had panels in the kicks but they didnt change the other (wheel) side?

and what the hell bumblw bee? and I'm still not sure if you like the mount idea or not?? LOL were you joking at the bodge comment!!??

#47 minilester

minilester

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:06 AM

Why not welding?

Can i pinch this idea Ruckus? im on the understanding that the rover cabriolets have something like this.

I shall be concluding my project that i started ages ago with a slightly new take on it all......

Ill also be turning my car into a bumble bee.

LOL you sleep a little as me then...

I cant Mig weld and I like to do as much as i can myself to be honest.
Plus the bowls are Stainless so the rust wont be a problem..

Pinch away nothings copyrighted when it come to Car audio installs.

And i think the cab had panels in the kicks but they didnt change the other (wheel) side?

and what the hell bumblw bee? and I'm still not sure if you like the mount idea or not?? LOL were you joking at the bodge comment!!??

.. see what i mean? you didnt shot him down..

and i know its stainless steel but still prep and paint it anyway.. ive seen stainless stell rust before.. and no i dont no how that happened either...

#48 Ruckus

Ruckus

Ice Ice Baby!!!

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

pretty much... im not a very serious person as is and i thought you's lot had a sence of humour...

.. i was sadly mistaken!

i have not at any point in your thread said anything nasty to anyone.. nore been rude.. nore have i started an arguement with any one..

some one thought your dog bowl idea was a little "left field" and you replied to them.. i make one little joke about it and IM THE BAD GUY!..

... its joking around.. having fun in what you do that makes it all the more fun!, it makes people think up stupid things.. makes them come up with wacky ideas!

.. lighten up.. if it wasnt for silly ideas you would never had come up with the bowl idea

... see theirs some-one with a sence of humour bursting to get out of you, let him out to play some time.

peace and love folks!

You know what you are right, it should all be about the fun a enjoyment, but this is not really the right section for sillynes. The forum has the General Chat and Banter section for crazy off the wall stuff.

This is a help and advise section... do you see my point?

If i was in an audio dealers trying to get technical advise or detailed setup info and some guy came in bouncing off the walls talk crazy pointless stuff, he would piss me off and most likely get kicked out!

every section has its purpose lets try and keep is relevant.

peace out :o

#49 Ruckus

Ruckus

Ice Ice Baby!!!

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:09 AM

and i know its stainless steel but still prep and paint it anyway.. ive seen stainless stell rust before.. and no i dont no how that happened either...

It has been now... and undersealed.

#50 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:09 AM

6 hours a night. Does it for me.

Bumble bee as in 20 litres of cellulose paint thrown at the car.

The bodge comment, i am most certainly not. The rest of the car is supurb and a credit too you. But the whole riveted in dog bowls leaves me baffled a touch to be fair.

Anyhow. 6 hours sleep is about to commence.

You know about stainless rusting......ive just written a document about metal degradeation. Only 15 pages long ey....

Edited by Sam Walters, 09 June 2011 - 12:11 AM.

#51 minilester

minilester

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:13 AM

pretty much... im not a very serious person as is and i thought you's lot had a sence of humour...

.. i was sadly mistaken!

i have not at any point in your thread said anything nasty to anyone.. nore been rude.. nore have i started an arguement with any one..

some one thought your dog bowl idea was a little "left field" and you replied to them.. i make one little joke about it and IM THE BAD GUY!..

... its joking around.. having fun in what you do that makes it all the more fun!, it makes people think up stupid things.. makes them come up with wacky ideas!

.. lighten up.. if it wasnt for silly ideas you would never had come up with the bowl idea

... see theirs some-one with a sence of humour bursting to get out of you, let him out to play some time.

peace and love folks!

You know what you are right, it should all be about the fun a enjoyment, but this is not really the right section for sillynes. The forum has the General Chat and Banter section for crazy off the wall stuff.

This is a help and advise section... do you see my point?

If i was in an audio dealers trying to get technical advise or detailed setup info and some guy came in bouncing off the walls talk crazy pointless stuff, he would piss me off and most likely get kicked out!

every section has its purpose lets try and keep is relevant.

peace out :o

..this is the build project area.. this is your log of what your doing.. not advice and what-not...

people are looking at this log and wondering what crazy thing your gonna do next to your install... you ask me, this is the perfect section for off the wall, mad-cap, "outside the box" comments and random ideas...

it was only one little tiny joke.. so... im sorry

...i didnt realise you took talkin so seriously.

#52 minilester

minilester

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

i'll go back and delete all my comments if you want to clear it up... if that makes you feel better?

.. and that wasnt sarcasum.. i was being genuine

(why at this point in the night cant i speel for toffee..??)

#53 Ruckus

Ruckus

Ice Ice Baby!!!

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:18 AM

OH IC as in black and yellow :o

It really is not a bodge, the bowls were hunted for that had the right size and big enough lip.

They are not JUST riveted in place they have polyurethane sealant which to be honest could hold them on there own.

to be honest you the first person to question them, so i'm a little taken a back. I mean whole ships are JUST riveted together are they Bodged ?

I simply didn't want to weld anything in under there (or have the time during the initial install), and i'm glad i didn't as i'm now looking for a thinner but longer bowl or box to replace these with.

#54 Ruckus

Ruckus

Ice Ice Baby!!!

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:22 AM

..this is the build project area.. this is your log of what your doing.. not advice and what-not...

people are looking at this log and wondering what crazy thing your gonna do next to your install... you ask me, this is the perfect section for off the wall, mad-cap, "outside the box" comments and random ideas...

it was only one little tiny joke.. so... im sorry

...i didnt realise you took talkin so seriously.

good points well made...

I think we will just have to put it down to sense of humor clash... it happens ! :o

and hay i dont think anything ive done to this mini is crazy! :) seriously everything has been done for a reason... well in my head anyway.

Edited by Ruckus, 09 June 2011 - 12:28 AM.

#55 minilester

minilester

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

OH IC as in black and yellow :o

It really is not a bodge, the bowls were hunted for that had the right size and big enough lip.

They are not JUST riveted in place they have polyurethane sealant which to be honest could hold them on there own.

to be honest you the first person to question them, so i'm a little taken a back. I mean whole ships are JUST riveted together are they Bodged ?

I simply didn't want to weld anything in under there (or have the time during the initial install), and i'm glad i didn't as i'm now looking for a thinner but longer bowl or box to replace these with.

then i suggest a cassorole tin...

.. think its a dumb comment?.. bet its what you need though.. :)

.. or a baking tin and just squeeze it in the middle to make it oval :( ;)

or use a pyrex one and use it as a mould for glassfibre

Edited by minilester, 09 June 2011 - 12:28 AM.

#56 Ruckus

Ruckus

Ice Ice Baby!!!

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:27 AM

.. think its another dumb comment all you like.. bet its what you need though..

.. or a baking tin and just squeeze it in the middle to make it oval :o :)

well i looked but none are just right LOL..

So i will most likely have something made in steel, but im still not welding it in... its too final for me.

#57 Ruckus

Ruckus

Ice Ice Baby!!!

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

now that is something i've considered... and i can fabricate that on my own.

#58 minilester

minilester

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:32 AM

now that is something i've considered... and i can fabricate that on my own.

:o

then you can rivit the nutz off it all you like...

Edited by minilester, 09 June 2011 - 12:32 AM.

#59 minilester

minilester

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:38 AM

ohh. oh-oh!.. i got it!

a jelly mould!

they come in all shapes and sizes as well as in metal and nice "glassable" plastic.. might need to hunt abit though..

#60 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

minilester I'm yet to see any post from you in this ICE Help and advise section that is helpful or advise...

Its all been child like Dribble :thumbsup: is this the level we should expect from you?

.. think its another dumb comment all you like.. bet its what you need though..

.. or a baking tin and just squeeze it in the middle to make it oval :thumbsup: :-

well i looked but none are just right LOL..

So i will most likely have something made in steel, but im still not welding it in... its too final for me.

Those two big holes arnt?!

Edited by Sam Walters, 09 June 2011 - 02:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users