27 replies to this topic

#16 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 10:26 PM

You are running a normal rear diff then ? what diff are you using as I tried to find a diff so I could do the same but It ended up being longer and pushing my seat further forward????

Looks great by the way...

I came to the same conclusion F1mini, even if you angled the driveshafts back and connected the engine directly to the diff it still was marginal for the seats

Still very interested though

Cheers
R1Mini

#17 * Specialized *

* Specialized *

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:22 PM

looks awesome, nice wrk

#18 R500OLE

R500OLE

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:23 PM

It looks fantastic ....quality front end for strength and adjustability..where do you propose to place the fuel tank ?
Best of luck with the development

#19 hayman9644

hayman9644

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 01:35 AM

Cant wait to hear more about this. Im curious about the Diff also. Let us know what you are using. We need more pics. Looking great so far

#20 welderman

welderman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:24 AM

All these project are coming together now. Can't wait until summer to tear up some tarmac.

pm sent

#21 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:22 PM

Anyone else been to the Autosport show - god my legs are killing :sad:

Lot of questions about the engine/diff set-up:

The engine sits horizontally behind the seats, the gearbox sits centrally in the chassis with the block and head angled behind the pasenger seat.

This basically means that there is nothing close to the back of the drivers seat allowing plenty of leg room in the front.

I know the pics are small but if you zoom in a little it becomes more clear.

The petrol tank could sit in a number of places, the most likely is to be above the front chassis assembly. The radiator is penciled for being in the rear.

#22 R500OLE

R500OLE

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:07 PM

You could have the radiator up front with twin petrol tanks either side of the engine as per Canam

Attached Files

#23 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:29 AM

My own car has me possitioned alot further forward, but I don't mind that as this will improve the wieght split, and I am making a new front bulkhead anyway...
I tried this Car diff route but I wanted to keep a Striaght De Dion Tube, so this would have made My instulation even further forward, so not for me but maybe with a Swing arm or double A arm setup may fitt better.....

Good luck to us all.....

#24 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:39 AM

Anyone else been to the Autosport show - god my legs are killing  :sad:

The engine sits horizontally behind the seats, the gearbox sits centrally in the chassis with the block and head angled behind the pasenger seat.

This basically means that there is nothing close to the back of the drivers seat allowing plenty of leg room in the front.

I know the pics are small but if you zoom in a little it becomes more clear.

The petrol tank could sit in a number of places, the most likely is to be above the front chassis assembly. The radiator is penciled for being in the rear.

couldnt you just put it in like this????

Mark :wales:

ps Autosport was a crackin day out!!!!! :wink:

Attached Files

#25 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:58 AM

I think I get you, so the passenger seat, if it has one would be further forward than the drivers seat

Anyway who are the people/person behind the chasis, anyone we would of heard of?

Cheers
David

#26 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:42 PM

Any more piccies of Autosport, especially of Z-Cars goodies? I e-mailed Chris just before he left and he sounded excited...

Monte

#27 mini-gti

mini-gti

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:48 AM

have you got any contact details for the chassis manufacturers, or could you get hold of any detailed picks?

#28 USA-Fin

USA-Fin

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:58 AM

The chassis in the picture is built for a minus shell. Ours will be a standard height shell and a little more extreme.

We are working very closely with the development and will soon be able to offer them on our web site :grin:

The rear can be fabricated on its own too, which means you can bolt it into your existing Steel Mini shell in the same way as a Z-cars one.

Very different to the Z-cars frames as well;

Double wishbone suspension

Engine turned the other way, the diff is run directly by the sprocket on the engine. eliminating the need for a chain drive set-up

this set-up allows much more room in the cockpit

Do you have an update on you chassis for the steel shell Mini?

Thanks, Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users