Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:36 PM

piece of cake.

Undo the three screws that hold the dashpot on and remove the daspot and piston - the needle is on the underside of the piston. On the side of the piston is a straight drive screw, undo that about two turns, and the needle complete with a little plastic retainer and spring should slide out. Slide the plastic cover down and you'll see the needle code stamped on the needle right near the head - you'll see what I mean when you remove it.

Takes about 2 minutes to get to the needle, just make sure when you put it back in that you get it back into the jet properly and that you don't bend the needle when re-fitting.

#17 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:39 PM

I run an aldon with a lucas SC, and the ignitor ( which is aldons electronic conversion ) will have no problems with it, but this thread does seem to have gon of piste slightly...

Could someone give me some advice on getting my G/Fs 1293 mini setup in south wales. The car returns just 65miles to £10 petrol and also overuns when the ignition is cut. Another issue with the car is that it will cut out when brought to idle.

There's one simple answer to that... it's running lean, and is also probably getting a little hotter than it should..

Was the car bought with 12 months MOT, if so, I suspect the tester has leaned it off to get it through the emissions test, and it has not been returned to it 'best' setting..

The overrun "Dieseling" is caused by hot spots in the chamber igniting un burnt fuel when the ignition is switched off.

give the mixture screw 1/2 a turn ( clock wise ) on both HIF and HS carbs, and go for a run..

When it comes round to it though, 65 on two an a bit gallons is not that bad for a high spec A series, yes it could be better, but it could also be a lot worse :lol:

#18 Gwynny

Gwynny

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:51 PM

as you say 26 to the gallon isnt all that bad for a high spec engine, but the car really isnt all that quick, and it just seems like a waste.

Will give the mixture a wee tighten anyhow, think I will pop to my local crypton tuner see what he can manage.

#19 benfredjosh

benfredjosh

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:11 PM

hey i live in port talbot havent seen your mini about got any pics?

#20 Clubby1275GT

Clubby1275GT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Local Club: Birmingham Mini Owners Club / Bruuuums Mini's

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:02 AM

i imagine i'd think it werent that quick too if i had a cossie!!! or as clarkson would say a cozz-eh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users