32 replies to this topic

#16 carts60

carts60

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

I paid 150 too, good job he gave me free postage because there 139 on there website

With or without VAT though?

#17 MJWarren

MJWarren

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:33 PM

priced it all up with delivery and were saving £1 by buying them from the show

Matt

#18 Body stylist

Body stylist

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:41 PM

I paid 150 too, good job he gave me free postage because there 139 on there website

With or without VAT though?

they arent VAT registered???

#19 MJWarren

MJWarren

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

Well i can certainly say that i would not have brought off them if i didnt have the cash at the show id have gone carbon weezel again. Cant fault there service at all.

#20 stevespi

stevespi

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:45 AM

A bit of an update. Still no replies to any emails and tried to phone about 10 times now and it has just rung through.

I paid with PayPal, so I have had to put a dipute and hopefully will get my money back very soon. As these are now almost 4 weeks over due and having paid almost £200 for all the bits. Id had hoped i would have had at least a polite email or call to explain the delivery issues. Certainly wont be dealing with them again.

#21 MJWarren

MJWarren

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

bit of an update on my side here.

Rang last week and they actually answered! they said that the bumpers would be at my house later in the week but werent. I believe Carts60 got his though?

So all week so far ive been ringing everyday must have been 20 times just trying to get through, still no reply.

Sent an email explaining that im not impressed with the service at all on tuesday.... and then today my bumpers have arrived. It said on the parcel 'Next day Delivery' so they had obviously seen my email and sent some out, which would be ok if there werent

1. Damaged
2. Have that thinner layer of lacquer you can actually feel the fabric
3. All bubbled

Ive emailed them and rang them again tonight no answer to the calls, but ive asked for there address and ive also asked them to ring me.

Has anyone got there address? it isnt on the website?

Attached File  IMG_0375.jpg   1MB   21 downloads

#22 joakwin

joakwin

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:50 PM

I ordered a set of mk3 grp heavy doors from them and their van dropped them off, they told me two weeks wait time, I got them in a week, I plan to orders a grp clubby front clip and a boot lid from them this winter

#23 carts60

carts60

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

I received my bumpers earlier this week. They obviously use wet lay rather than infusion because there are bubbles but they're tiny so im not too miffed. A bit peeved though as the lacquer used is extremely thin indeed. Thin enough that there are minute patches where its been buffed/flatted down to an extent where the carbon isn't covered anymore.

Nothing a little bit of elbow grease and a can of halfords lacquer can't fix.

#24 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

I hope mine aren't like that! I've not even unwrapped them yet, just unwrapped a corner to have a peak and put them in the loft till they're needed!

#25 MJWarren

MJWarren

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

Im going to have to re Lacquer mine, because i wont get any answer to the emails or my money back. Got a some top coat from carbon mods.

Very impressed with your repair on my old bonnet Carts! Looks brand new, saw the thread on turbo minis didnt think it could be repaired at all.

#26 Sam14

Sam14

TMF Mug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

They are based near where i live, could easily pick anyone stuff up if having problems with postage? haha

#27 MJWarren

MJWarren

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:49 PM

Got through to them on the phone today, gave me there address and im sending them back and there sending me some new ones by wednesday next week. Tristian i think the guys name was and he was more than helpful and i just wished id of spoke to him sooner.

Good result in the end

#28 MJWarren

MJWarren

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

not a good result, bumpers still arent here and i paid £10 postage to send them back. £160 ive paid so far for a pair of bumpers i still dont have Shocking, lets hope there at MITP

#29 drewsargent1980

drewsargent1980

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Local Club: Anglian Mini Club ( AMC )

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

I received my bumpers earlier this week. They obviously use wet lay rather than infusion because there are bubbles but they're tiny so im not too miffed. A bit peeved though as the lacquer used is extremely thin indeed. Thin enough that there are minute patches where its been buffed/flatted down to an extent where the carbon isn't covered anymore.

Nothing a little bit of elbow grease and a can of halfords lacquer can't fix.

Surely thou if your spending the money you should expect a good product, if your having to re'laquer it your self i wouldn't be happy with that product and i'd send it straight back.

#30 vini

vini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Local Club: no never again

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

i ordered carbon arches off them 3months ago.i rang them last week to find out where they were and they arrived next day.happy with the quality but they could have given a bit more communication O_O Dean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users