Photo
- - - - -

My Mini Collection - You Gotta Go There To Come Back.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Ace Alex

Ace Alex

Formally known as Pedal Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

I can't believe how good your Minis (past and present) look.

Even coming down to suttle touches such as the red towing eyes on the MPi.

Cheers Twincam :-)

#62 Ace Alex

Ace Alex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

After 10 years of using classic Minis as daily drivers it was time to move on! (I still have my '99 Rover Mini 40 & '72 Mini van)

A combination of increasing market prices and continuous repairs started to make me consider a BMW MINI.

What? One of those stupid BIG things?

Take a BINI saloon on a test drive and park beside a BINI COUNTRYMAN...."That's not a Mini", you might say! ;-)

I started to do some research (purchase costs & insurance) and it wasn't too bad! I started to window shop on eBay / Autotrader for BINIs with my classic Mini budget. Hmmm....

I wanted a low mileage R53 Supercharged Mini Cooper but trying to locate a standard example is getting harder. A future garage/barn find maybe? :lol:

I really wanted a MINI Clubman.....yep, one of those odd looking estates with a stupid suicide door!

My budget was limited, a brand new car wasn't an option, so the search for a nice Clubman started. I found a 2007, low mileage-ish, nice spec car and painted in one of favourite colours. I took the MINI for a test drive and.......WOW! :wub:

We travelled 150 miles to buy the car. The drive home was effortless, 6 gears (not 4), auto climate control (2 speed heater, open windows & demister pad).....what a massive difference!

These pictures were taking on Saturday at a service station on the way home

BMWMINICLUBBY03_zps4abbaf53.jpg

Twin pipes ;D

BMWMINICLUBBY01_zpsadb15317.jpg

BMWMINICLUBBY02_zps4ad50ec5.jpg

1.6 Turbocharged

17" MINI Split rims

SAT NAV / Entertainment Screen

Cruise Control

Full black leather interior

Panoramic sunroof

Auto wipers / headlights and washers

Auto climate control

Plus other stuff - need to read the manual! :lol:

My Mpi Minis have three speed wipers and a two speed heater....Rover technology. :mrcool:

What's to do?

Spend a day cleaning the interior

Spend a day or three cleaning and detailing the bodywork

I know people don't like these cars and it's the wrong forum to post these pictures on.

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Ace Alex, 31 March 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#63 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Nice clubby. Bought it in the best colour too 😊

#64 psmini

psmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

I've always had classic minis and since Feb 2012, I've had 5 Binis including a supercharged S, a cabrio, a clubman cooper S, another clubman and a Countryman. I take delivery of a new shape Cooper in 3 weeks. Great cars but my modified Mayfair is still my choice when I want some fun. Your 40 is awesome, I hope you keep it and enjoy the Clubman for everyday use!

#65 Ace Alex

Ace Alex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

Nice clubby. Bought it in the best colour too

Thanks jamesmpi. :-)  It's one of my favourite colours. Never expected to purchase one like that!

I've always had classic minis and since Feb 2012, I've had 5 Binis including a supercharged S, a cabrio, a clubman cooper S, another clubman and a Countryman. I take delivery of a new shape Cooper in 3 weeks. Great cars but my modified Mayfair is still my choice when I want some fun. Your 40 is awesome, I hope you keep it and enjoy the Clubman for everyday use!

Cheers psmini :thumbsup: That's a list of BINIs!! O_O  I spotted a brand new BINI Cooper on Saturday when I collected my Clubman. Some nice advancements on them but the headlamps look a bit weird. I said that about my model Clubman a few years ago! :lol:

My Mini 40 - thanks, its nice. I don't want to sell that!!!

The Clubman will be my new daily driver. When you use a classic Mini everyday (or try!) the fun disappears. Take a few days away and the character returns.

10 years of driving classics daily, great cars, but it was time for a change........and its still a classic over a one of those so-called BINIs. ;D

Thanks chaps :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users