267 replies to this topic

#256 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

-You still read topics like these even thou they have been done a fair few times before! (hey not having a moan.. I still read it, smiled and commented!)

When your always on the mini forum and seen the same thread in the past a couple of times.

When you still love a forum even though people reply to topics without reading what other people have written, to just say the same thing! :D lol

#257 Jamie_hail

Jamie_hail

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

Agree with the giving the mini a pat or rub every time you walk past!

One my friend noticed - When you drop a spanner, and don't hear it hit the garage floor, you don't even bother looking for it until you've finished the job in hand, or got a few hours spare!
When budgeting to buy a new to you mini, you take into account the cost of a new welder.
Your favourite smell becomes WD40
When you have to open the window, so you have room to fasten, and unfasten your harnesses...

Oh, and today - I bought a cake and shoved candles in it... why? To celebrate not my exam results, but the fact the mini has been parked in the same spot for a week now, and there's no oil underneath her!

#258 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Lol liked that last bit

#259 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

Oh, and today - I bought a cake and shoved candles in it... why? To celebrate not my exam results, but the fact the mini has been parked in the same spot for a week now, and there's no oil underneath her!

Be worried then. That usually means there is none left in it.

#260 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

This actually just happened

You know you and the misses are mini nutts when you go into the bedroom, and there is a loan wheel nut on her bedside table, and neither of you think anything of it!

(neither minis use those wheel nuts anymore so no cause for alarm! The misses has 12x6 revos so uses the longer wheel nuts and ive got wellers with the nut style wheel nuts!) -it was just a random thing to be on the best side table

#261 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

This actually just happened

You know you and the misses are mini nutts when you go into the bedroom, and there is a loan wheel nut on her bedside table, and neither of you think anything of it!

(neither minis use those wheel nuts anymore so no cause for alarm! The misses has 12x6 revos so uses the longer wheel nuts and ive got wellers with the nut style wheel nuts!) -it was just a random thing to be on the best side table

You two are just "nuts"!

:-

#262 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

...when you feel truly guilty for selling them, then ask the new owners to stay in touch and send you pic's

Edited by MaxAndPaddy, 05 August 2011 - 07:09 AM.

#263 LuckyThe1275

LuckyThe1275

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet part of one!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

...you have no money!

#264 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

.........when even when you are stood at the side of the road with it broken down, you still defend it to anyone that starts on it, even the breakdown recovery man!

Or when you turn up to lend a hand to some one who’s broken down n a more modern car. But yet cars passing by and even the breakdown recovery people assume it’s the mini.

....when you dont sleep well the night before MoT day

Or When you pace around the mot waiting room like an expectant father.

#265 minilester

minilester

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

...You buy pointless parts you dont/never gonna need... but you buy them anyway, just in case :closed:

#266 Sam14

Sam14

TMF Mug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

When its completely stripped with nothing on it just being a shell and you still sit in it and you still smile like a goon.

or your scent for petrol and oil is so great you dont even need to look at the label anymore when buying it just....smell it haha

or when something falls off you laugh like mad and give the car a pat on the steering wheel and talk to it and tell it will be okay and promise to replace that with a shiny new things

when you find yourself talking to the mini

when getting anywhere becomes a mission :closed:

Edited by Sam14, 06 August 2011 - 07:25 AM.

#267 new_zealand _minis

new_zealand _minis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Local Club: wellington new zealand

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

when you have a parts self with 4x oil filter 4x solinoid , 4x radiator hoses 4x set of points few spare coils ...

and when someone asks whats that in the rear pockets of you mini .. what do you think , gallon or water and a gallon oil haha

#268 harryh733

harryh733

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

When the neighbours walk past your drive and tut and give you a weird look because you're outside working on the mini again. They made a comment on my 'it's a mini thing, you wouldn't understand' sticker, apparently its a stupid car and I should get something that is actually good. I think the fact that the mini has done 3 years without a breakdown, being used everyday and has been to germany and switzerland proves that its a good car! Some people!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users