Not touched this since August!!! things are slowly underway and the garages are nearly sorted for me to get back to work on her!
On another note I now own this too

Mk2 Fester 1988, 37k miles from new 1.1, yummy!
Will keep things updated!
Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:11 PM





Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:42 PM








Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:53 PM
Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:15 PM
Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:17 PM
Rocking along nicely there Dan. ![]()
Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:15 PM
Arse is back in gear! Job is going well, garage sorted, loads of room so back to this, time to stop putting it back and get it done!
Cleaned the garage at the weekend, Only need to paint the walls white to make it brighter but can sort that when I get the paint.
Started stripping the MG Metro 1275 tonight and was very happy with the internal condition!!
Head is pretty clean
Flywheel popped off (jumped 2 ft
)
Also no lip at the top of the bores! Happy Happy Happy ![]()
Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:17 PM
Looks like a result with the engine there Dan.
Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:24 PM
Certainly is! Once I know where I'm batting with the engine so I can get it sorted on evenings I can be doing the bodywork. Ordering my new spray gun next week ![]()
Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:36 PM
Bit more stripping tonight. Drained the oil and split the engine and box etc
Will replace the starter ring as it looks a bit chewed
Bit of gunk, was going to clean the engine before i stripped it but didnt think and forgot ![]()
Looks very clean
Gear box is going to be stripped to check it over and fit a central oil pick up and change the final drive to a 3.1
Oil Pump
![]()
Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:40 PM
What a great build!! coming on very well, keep it coming
cant wait to see more
Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:42 PM
Cheers Craig
Will be more welding and panel work soon too! ![]()
Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:41 PM
Another Update!, Got a few hours in after work tonight.
Removed the trunnions off a scrap rear subby and quickly fitted the new mounting kit so I can fit it up and align everything. The joys of a heritage subframe, just bolts straight up!!
Removed thick of the rear 1/4 panel
Cleaned up where the closing panel fits, with it clamped up against here...
I have this..
Even though its a genuine panel, looks like it will need some minor tweaking.
Painted a wheel spat for a Jaguar xk120 at work yesterday and flat and polished it today, really cant wait till my roof looks like this!!!
![]()
Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:49 PM
Got a few hours done this weekend, got the heel-board end welded in after some careful measurements and subframe alignment everything is spot on. Closing panel it just about there in terms of fitting. I have started with the inner sill getting that ready for tacking up and offered the outer sill up. I am planning on popping into m-machine tomorrow afternoon to see about their doorstep panels etc. Once all the panels are all fitting properly, the door fits and the quarter panel can be offered up, I will fully weld everything in. Few pictures..
This will be welded up because I won't be using the original Jacking points.
Not really a big lover of Magnum panels but these inner sills from minisport are top notch!
Sorry about the bad photo quality, will be sorting the garage lighting out possibly this week along with painting the walls white when the paint arrives ![]()
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users