16 replies to this topic

#16 Super Mario

Super Mario

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:11 PM

Yep, their quality is definately very good, i had a quote for £800 inc. vat to redo the seats which is too expensive for me unfortunately. I had noticed they sold some just under £400 i think on ebay that i was hoping to get but I saw them an hour too late! And i definately don't want bucket seats or sports seats...

With the engine my only worry is that i'll spend a lot sorting the car out and will lose a lot of money when selling it eventually or if it breaks down.

I guess I'll keep searching for leather covers in the meanwhile and see what i can do about the car. If you have any bright ideas please tell. :lol: Thanks!

#17 [email protected]

[email protected]

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:03 AM

Hi,
On the whole what GuessWorks says. Don't change the engine, don't change the covers and don't stick cheap extras on.
There are also a couple of things which you can do now to improve the future value which will cost you next to nothing -
Get the car waxoiled and get the underneath protected. It makes a difference and makes the car looked cared for.
Keep on top of the bodywork and don't let any problems develop. Get the work done professionally.
Get some seat covers (cheap and cheerful) and cover up your seats and prevent the wear and tear. It doesn't look as pretty but you can take the covers off when you are showing it off. If you are looking to keep value nice original seats really help.
Same with carpet mats. Cover the original carpets as much as possible.
Get the car serviced regularly and keep the service book stamped up and keep all your receipts.
Clean the car thoroughly or get it valeted as often as possible. Good polish keeps the bodywork protecred for a lot longer.
Keep your wheels as nice as you can.
I buy 2 or 3 minis a week and the above things do help. As GuessWorks says good, original, clean well loved cars always fetch a premium.
Good luck,
Colin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users