46 replies to this topic

#16 Steve Rowe

Steve Rowe

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:15 PM

wayhey its the young lad off Edinburghcruise :w00t: those engines seem alot of money ,id say better off starting with and 1275 or 1293 and get the work done on it you want ,when and if u can aford

#17 Jimmyarm

Jimmyarm

Entrepreneur of Adult Material

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts
  • Local Club: TMf

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:08 AM

You could probably get a nice turbo jobby put in for that sort of money & spend a bit on some better stoppers :lol:

Jimmy

#18 MaryQuant88

MaryQuant88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:44 AM

Paul Inch Engineering

Oh waw, Paul Inch builds engines, Thats news to me! :grin:

I thought he only raced, rember paying £25 to go round Castle Combe as his passanger bout 3 yrs ago, Really Fast and exciting driver, I was over the moon...
well i was only 14 :lol:

:wales:

#19 shawn smith

shawn smith

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:10 PM

wayhey its the young lad off Edinburghcruise  :lol:  those engines seem alot of money ,id say better off starting with and 1275 or 1293 and get the work done on it you want ,when and if u can aford

hello :huh: . i want a brand new engine,and i really want a 1380,that's already built,first i will be upgrading my brakes and suspension. been saving for alot of months now so iv got enough money for a brand new engine. although it might cost a bit more than expected as i don't have 1275 to exchange with,iv only got a 998cc

#20 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:16 PM

First of all then, spend 50 quid on a 1275 metro engine and use that as exchange as all engine builders will require one... and at 200 notes, you're going to save yourself 150 quid straight off..

Secondly, If you feel confident, build the engine yourself, either from a kit or from getting the metro engine you've just bought and getting it skimmed and bored..

Thirdly... also think about the things which are stuck to the engine, carbs, exhaust etc etc, not point having a well built engine if everthing around it is not upto the same level of tune.

and finally...

If you're going from 998, try a 1330 first... rather than 1380, there's just that little bit more metal between the bores, and will also allow you one last bore if necessary...

#21 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 07 February 2006 - 06:08 PM

Paul Inch Engineering

I thought he only raced, rember paying £25 to go round Castle Combe as his passanger bout 3 yrs ago, Really Fast and exciting driver, I was over the moon...
well i was only 14 :lol:

The name of his company kind of gives it away :tongue:

He races in the Super Mighty Minis now, he let me take his racer for a drive around the paddock at Combe this year then took me for a spin in it on the track.

This man knows his stuff when it comes to mini engines and I would choose him over any of the others out there any day. It's around £400 for a 1380 short motor from him using all new pistons and bearings and virgin cranks (and you don't need to do 'exchange' on his engines).

#22 shawn smith

shawn smith

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:33 PM

[quote name='Bluemini' date='Feb 7 2006, 06:08 PM']

[/QUOTE]
The name of his company kind of gives it away :tongue:

He races in the Super Mighty Minis now, he let me take his racer for a drive around the paddock at Combe this year then took me for a spin in it on the track.

This man knows his stuff when it comes to mini engines and I would choose him over any of the others out there any day. It's around £400 for a 1380 short motor from him using all new pistons and bearings and virgin cranks (and you don't need to do 'exchange' on his engines).[/QUOTE]

ok cool, but does he have a website,tried typing his name and stuff on yahoo but can't seem to find anything :erm:

#23 MaryQuant88

MaryQuant88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:43 PM

ok cool, but does he have a website,tried typing his name and stuff on yahoo but can't seem to find anything 

Im on the same boat mate :erm: Cant find anything about his company.

Care to help us out Bluemini? :grin:

#24 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:57 PM

http://www.enginetrader.co.uk/

could be this site??

#25 shawn smith

shawn smith

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:25 PM

could be this site??

good on ya miniboo :lol:

#26 shawn smith

shawn smith

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:32 PM

could be this site??

good on ya miniboo :lol:

can't find anything on it about 1380 engines or anything to do with performance really,help out bluemini :sad:

#27 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:47 PM

I don't think he uses his site any more, but his number is 01752 255563.

If you give him a ring, ask for Paul and mention TMF because I've been trying to get him to sign up for ages.

All I can say is excellent value for money.

#28 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:57 AM

Am I right in saying that once going to a +60 1330 bore you can no longer go to an offset 1380?

#29 shawn smith

shawn smith

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:52 PM

Am I right in saying that once going to a +60 1330 bore you can no longer go to an offset 1380?

ye i think so mate, but i'm not too sure! maybe bluemini can help on this subject! :lol:

#30 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:06 PM

A 1330 is a 72mm bore (+60) and a 81.28 stroke. According to this chart, 1380 can then be acheived by simply boring out to 73.5??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users