325 replies to this topic

#286 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

glad that site helped :) if i made it to riv run last year with a 998 burning more oil than petrol im sure you can make it in yours lol

yeah it did thanks I have been to the riv run in minis that burn more oil than petrol it all adds to the fun lmao

My only concern is if some thing breaks I may not be able to fix it on the side of the road I will be takeing it tho may see you there but be warned my mini is far from perfect

#287 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

well even if it crawls down im sure theres plenty of people who would lend you a hand to get it sorted for the journey home :)

#288 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

hi all i have a quick up date to do  but not much time so its pick heavy i have had the car on the road for a few weeks its been garaged and not looked at for two of them more of that to come when i get time any way we had a little road trip to cornwall riv run. And I am glad to say it made it there and back with hardly any problems  :D  all tho the distributor has been playing up but still did not brake down any way hear is a few piks of my weekend with the mini 

At the camp site after a quick clean 

IMG_1307_zps3f57b92c.jpg

IMG_1309_zpsb7eb54dc.jpg

This is the other mini I drove  down with it was my first car when I was 14 i then sold it on to my mothers partner who loves it I have done all the work on this one paint stickers ect its also a 1985 mini running all cooper mpi running gear so it drives just like a new mini this trip was its first run in over 8 months as it came off the road for an engine change and I did not have enough time to finish it due to doing mine its looking good now althow it did need a good polish to get the paint shining again

IMG_1317_zpsa1323543.jpg

And mine in the show 

IMG_1320_zps69b9e4e7.jpg

IMG_1321_zps76a731bc.jpg

IMG_1326_zps68a5bdd4.jpg

It got loads of interest in the engine there was one other vtec mini down there that i seen IMG_1333_zps77ee9f57.jpg

this is the other mini vtec it made me quite proud of how tight my engine is as this guy was using an extended clubman front 

IMG_1332_zps3bf556ae.jpg

I also got a few little goodies nothing much just a sticker and an interior mirror but i was happy lmao 

IMG_1345_zps1daf55d4.jpg

IMG_1346_zps719fe48a.jpg

Then the last night there we went to some pub with a great view so a few more snaps i cant help takeing them 

IMG_1340_zpsf9bcc5e9.jpg

IMG_1342_zps4b225639.jpg

IMG_1344_zps6a8c5b36.jpg

and then back home takeing the mini to a jap show next weekend then after that its cuming off the road as i cant afford to keep insuring it as its costing an arm and a leg so i dont now what to do with it next mabie lock it away and let life take over mabie evan lock it away and throw away the key lmao shure i will come up with some thing but i will try and get a full update of the bits i missed after the mot when i get chance 

john 

#289 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

I was just about to go to bed and thought "ill just check the forum", quite glad i did :D

Mini is looking awesome, how is it to drive on the roads? It's such a PITA insurance is so high, there's something you've put blood, sweat and tears into doing and they just look at it as a massive risk! Kinda a kick in the nuts i guess.

I wouldn't throw away the key, is there no chance of just insuring it now and then so for example, if it was forecast to be a nice weekend then you could swap the policy over from the Glanza to the mini?

All is looking well though, will keep my eyes peeled for another update :D

Kieran

#290 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Fantastic work Jamie, good to see you use it as most don't even get that far so hats off to you  :mrcool:

I saw that other vtec at Brooklands couple of months back, was having a good gander over it

Paint is looking sweet, turned out very good, nice work

#291 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Local Club: Boxhill Mini Club

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

http://www.flickr.co...157633432088947

#292 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

Stunning!!

#293 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Great too see the car on the weekend, I was just behind you coming through the severn tolls, loved it when you put your foot down. Wished you'd pushed it harder though.

#294 ScudY23

ScudY23

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

That looks spot on, where you guys from then or am i thinking of a different severn toll ( severn bridge )

#295 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

Johny has told me before but I can't remember where he's from. I'm from Near Bridgend and currently building a vaux mini.

#296 IainNeon91

IainNeon91

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Found these on TurboMinis forum, i'll just leave them here...  :whistling:

8720355462_70e200f048_b.jpg

8720355550_85069a8e00_b.jpg

8719226341_2fc50d40ce_b.jpg

**Not My Photos** All rights reserved to - http://www.flickr.co...ple/jackamason/

Iain.

#297 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

I was just about to go to bed and thought "ill just check the forum", quite glad i did :D

Mini is looking awesome, how is it to drive on the roads? It's such a PITA insurance is so high, there's something you've put blood, sweat and tears into doing and they just look at it as a massive risk! Kinda a kick in the nuts i guess.

I wouldn't throw away the key, is there no chance of just insuring it now and then so for example, if it was forecast to be a nice weekend then you could swap the policy over from the Glanza to the mini?

All is looking well though, will keep my eyes peeled for another update :D

Kieran

Thanks Kieran its looking quite nice now after my mate treated me to a new set of wheels lmao.

it drives very nice alltho the back end is very lively it does not like motor way speed it was on 4000 rpm just doing around 60 65 so its no good for a daily driver but its very fast i will try and do some videos before it comes back of the road i think I am going to do a good bit of work to it this time so after holiday i can save up for some more insurance 

john 

Fantastic work Jamie, good to see you use it as most don't even get that far so hats off to you  :mrcool:

I saw that other vtec at Brooklands couple of months back, was having a good gander over it

Paint is looking sweet, turned out very good, nice work

Thanks Kam i am so glad its on the road and I love driving it 

that other vtec was quite a sleeper he had a b18c4 using an allspeed frame i dont now why he went for an extended clubby front tho  :lol:

The paint is looking good it still needs afew bits re done but all in good time 

Thanks for link would never have hound those piks  :proud:

Stunning!!

Thanks sleepy stu 

Great too see the car on the weekend, I was just behind you coming through the severn tolls, loved it when you put your foot down. Wished you'd pushed it harder though.

Was you behind me in a mini i did not notice any at that point. I gave it a quick blast but i had the dog in the back and she did not seem to like vtec very much  :X

#298 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

That looks spot on, where you guys from then or am i thinking of a different severn toll ( severn bridge )

I am from Ebbw Vale about 45 minits away from the bridge 

Johny has told me before but I can't remember where he's from I'm from Near Bridgend and currently building a vaux mini.

I am not to far from you 

Found these on TurboMinis forum, i'll just leave them here...  :whistling:

**Not My Photos** All rights reserved to - http://www.flickr.co...ple/jackamason/

Iain.

Thanks I could not seem to copy these piks they look awsome thanks for finding them for me  :proud:

#299 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

Just another quick update of last weekend took the car up to japfest castlecoomb hear is just a few more piks of the car out and about 

my mates civic ek and my mini  :proud:

URL=http://s1066.photobu...a15ec.jpg.html]IMG_1368_zps6a8a15ec.jpg[/URL]

IMG_1369_zpsc166932a.jpg

gt

I also got the chance to stick her on the rolling road down  there for a power run I was quite happy with this 

URL=http://s1066.photobu...20c09.jpg.html]IMG_1375_zps3b920c09.jpg[/URL]

and a quick video excuse the language lmao 

th_IMG_1374_zps38fb89a4.jpg

thats it for now thanks for looking john 

#300 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

I also just found this on u tube its not my video