325 replies to this topic

#301 ScudY23

ScudY23

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

Tidyl im from the rhondda, good to see other mini vtec'ers in south wales... Im just starting my bundle of fun tho

#302 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

Hey mate glad you got back from riv run ok, it was good to actually meet you and see your car in the flesh, sorry i never found you again to go for a spin :(

#303 ScudY23

ScudY23

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Johny what model honda loom did you use and how dis you attach it to indicators etc ? Was think of trying to pick one up and change the connectors to suit the mini instruments.

Would this work ?

#304 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Tidyl im from the rhondda, good to see other mini vtec'ers in south wales... Im just starting my bundle of fun tho

your not to far from me let me now if your stuck im gessing your going vtec 

Hey mate glad you got back from riv run ok, it was good to actually meet you and see your car in the flesh, sorry i never found you again to go for a spin :(

yeah we got back no problems had a  good trip there and back did you get back okay thats no problem mabie we will both be at castlecoomb mini day I think you said you was going ?

Johny what model honda loom did you use and how dis you attach it to indicators etc ? Was think of trying to pick one up and change the connectors to suit the mini instruments.

Would this work ?

Hi I basically have two wiring looms in my car I have a honda loom striped down to just run the engine the loom i am using in obd0 then i have a striped down mini loom with all the engine bits striped out powering the lights indicators ect 

I dont see why you could not conect the mini stalks to the honda loom what i see allot of people do is just put the honda stalks on the mini steering collom could be an easy way out  

#305 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

just another video or the mini going on a private road 

#306 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hey bud yeah i will be at castle combe hopefully see you there then :) your welcome to come round the track with me if you like ha ha

#307 giacomo

giacomo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

i swear i've seen this road before ;)

#308 ScudY23

ScudY23

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

thats good to know thx johny, no doubt im gonna need to pick some brains. Cheers

Edited by ScudY23, 24 May 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#309 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hey bud yeah i will be at castle combe hopefully see you there then :) your welcome to come round the track with me if you like ha ha

will be nice to see you there mate i got a friend who has a dolly i can borrow so i should have the mini there i just got to crack on with geting it ready now 

i swear i've seen this road before ;)

its rassau industrial estate in south wales 

#310 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hi guys been a while since i have been on hear  :ohno:  I have been realy busy with other things and as i had a boys holiday to pay for I had no money to spend on the mini so i have a few little piks just of the car realy 

I have had lots of problems with my alternator bracket moving causing my belt to keep flying off witch is never good when your not close to home but any way i was in a rush and my belt flew off and as i had a car meet to attend with lots of people wanting to see the mini as usual i had to make a quick bracket to stop it all moving so in a rush i made this not the best but it works 

IMG_1561_zpsce721bcf.jpg

thats about all i have done mechanically I did a bit to the exterior of the car as police where giving me funny looks and no one had the guts to challange the mini on the road i decided I needed a grill only problem my manifold sticks out to far so i just screwed a grill in from the top it sticks out on the bottom but it hides every thing

before

IMG_1553_zps533152cf.jpg

after

IMG_1554_zpsd74e99fe.jpg

IMG_1567_zpsd75dc1cd.jpg

I also decided to make it into abit more of a sleeper so i got hold of this roofrack and some spare wheels i had in my garden it was so fun with this roof rack but it did slow her down abit the look on people faces when it goes around them with two wheels on the roof was awsome 

IMG_1573_zps8f656aa4.jpg

IMG_1572_zps4b7ad144.jpg

IMG_1570_zps46dc029b.jpg

thats about all i have done next job is to cut the rear wheel arches out as i cant have no fun in the corners with this car as the wheels rub the body evan though i keep lifting it up mabie i need new cones on the back ?

But its time to up the game with the mini it needs more power more speed ond more safety and interior 

so my next few jobs after castle coomb is going to be ct9 turbo and remap with bigger injectorrs 

alloy fuel cell

anti roll bar on the rear and proberly new cones i may evan build a custom subframe 

more roll cage and bracing 

some dash and interior 

this sould keep me busy for a while 

#311 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

Looking awesome Johny, especially now you've put the grill on.

Future plans sound awesome, where are you planning on mounting intercooler etc? Gonna be one hell of a beast once you get that lot on. I was planning some sort of turbo addition but i'm stuck with three options, b16 turbo, supercharged or b18 n/a. Ofcourse i've got to finish this one first :lol:

Just out of interest when is castle comb?

Kieran

#312 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hi thanks kieran I am looking to get over 200hp a turbo will easy make an extra 50hp with a remap if I was you I would go down the turbo or supercharge root turbo is proberly the cheaper option I can fit the turbo in and it will sit back closer than my manifold only problem is the inter cooler mabie I can fit a small one behind the radiator or I can put one where the mini tec bit is only thing is pipes will be on show and I don't wont that or I may Evan go down the clubby root if I have to

Castle Combe is located in England have a look on google it will give you maps

#313 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

Hi thanks kieran I am looking to get over 200hp a turbo will easy make an extra 50hp with a remap if I was you I would go down the turbo or supercharge root turbo is proberly the cheaper option I can fit the turbo in and it will sit back closer than my manifold only problem is the inter cooler mabie I can fit a small one behind the radiator or I can put one where the mini tec bit is only thing is pipes will be on show and I don't wont that or I may Evan go down the clubby root if I have to

Castle Combe is located in England have a look on google it will give you maps

Well im thinking of keeping the front extended, move the alternator to where you have yours mounted then have an air to water intercooler in its place.

I know where it is, I was wondering when are you going to castle combe?

#314 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

Sorry mate I just quickly read that it's 28th September

#315 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

good to see your still keeping at it :) combe is fast approaching lol im having some trouble sourcing a B18 any ideas ? turbo would be a crazy idea but would be fun also are you going to tub your rear arches ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users