325 replies to this topic

#31 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

yea i will try and order them both so they will go through customs together did you get charged wen yours was posted

#32 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

decided to invest in a da sander today so i can start doing sum body prep wen i wate for the subframe to arrive front wings had to go to the metal as they had rusted through the black primer that comes on them also sanded the roof back was a good start

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

Mini tec subframe has been orderd :)

#34 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

looking really good , cant wait to see another minitec build . are you going modify the bulkhead for the inlet or modify the inlet manifold ?

#35 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

i am thinking of moding the manifold and painting the bulk head as yours looks so nice picked up a japspeed 4 branch today for a bargin :) only thing is its all 1 peace will i have room to remove it wen its in the car if i need to i dont think i will will upload piks later

#36 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

Posted Image

#37 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

The clearance with the 4-1 with the allspeed frame is that tight that it don't fit, only a 4-2-1 works, not sure with the minitec frame though but getting a 4-1 is cheap and plentiful but getting a 4-2-1 is not.......

Hopefully yours will fit but only time will tell

Good work on the bodywork side of things, wish I could do bodywork, would save an 'effin fortune :(

#38 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

i did want thee 4-2-1 exhaust this one was offerd to me cheap today for £30 in the box brand new so i thout i would have it the 4-2-1 also comes in 2 pieces so it could be removed easily if it dont fit i will just sell it on think my mates civic got a 4-2-1 exhaust who nows he mite wana swap it for a nice new shiney 1 lol

#39 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

engine came yesterday just took a few piks took the inlet manifold off going to work out where to cut it wen the engine is in Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

Good going, always nice to get the engine home, mind you this is your second or third honda one now isn't it! :teehee:

That exhaust does look a bit too pokey-outey, can't see it fitting myself but only time will tell

Speaking of exhaust, in the last picture is the bottom of the manifold propping the engine up? :whistling:

#41 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

Good going, always nice to get the engine home, mind you this is your second or third honda one now isn't it! :teehee:

That exhaust does look a bit too pokey-outey, can't see it fitting myself but only time will tell

Speaking of exhaust, in the last picture is the bottom of the manifold propping the engine up? :whistling:

it was nice to get the engine home saying that my starlet didnt like that engine in my boot

thats my second honda engine but i actuly made a few pound of the othere honda sold the engine and scraped the shell and made sum space in my garage by throwing all my old engines in the boot i hate doing that but i cant keep it all and no one wanted them i looked at the differences and that f engine is about an inch longer so would have never worked

That last pik dus look like its proped up by the exhaust but the engine was leaning on an old paint can at the back

I have been looking at vtec minis allot now thats all thats going through my head at the minit lol and i realy want to take the front of mine i think every thing will be so much easier but i dont now if i can bring my self to chop the front of as i just welded it on O_O i could remove it with out damage its just having the balls todo it

#42 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

I have been looking at vtec minis allot now thats all thats going through my head at the minit lol and i realy want to take the front of mine i think every thing will be so much easier but i dont now if i can bring my self to chop the front of as i just welded it on O_O i could remove it with out damage its just having the balls todo it

I know exactly how you feel, my front end was completely mint, paint the lot, was not easy standing there with the angle grinder spinning a few cm's away as I knew as soon as that cut was made then thats it! >_<

If you can get the front end off cleanly then good luck to you, I just butchered away at my one :whistling:

#43 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

i have choped a few off in my time its not nice thinking wen its cut its to late then standing back and thinking ooops what have i dun :shy: this front is all new so i gota be carefull think its defo the way forword tho well the way back at the minit but in the long run :lol:

#44 Jamie_hail

Jamie_hail

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

My front end too, was perfect - what a horrible moment laying in that first cut! Cracking on well buddy - any ideas for paint since she's bare?

#45 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

thanks jamie its geting there lol not decided all my minis so far have been red but i want to go different this time so mite go for vxr blue and white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users