325 replies to this topic

#46 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Quick question do i need to use the honda cluch master cylinder or can i use a mini one i seen a honda one modefied to fit a mini on 16v minis but that was left hand drive so do i need one or can i save the hasel of making one fit

#47 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

You can use the honda master however it will give you a hard pedal, you might be able to live with it, most do, you might need to chop the shaft down a bit to make it work though

#48 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

You will most probably find that you will need to use a after market pedal box because with the mini tec kit for the rhd it doesnt have enough room for the standard pedals to work , and the aftermarket pedals will have their own slave cylinders.

#49 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

i was thinking of moding my pedal box i realy dont think i can afford another £400 od on a pedal box i realy dont bring enough home lol

#50 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

I was looing through 16v minis this is how sum one modefied a honda master cylinder to fit a mini Posted Imagei have also been thinking how i can make the standerd pedal box fit with the mini tec rhd kit was thinking of cutting the pedal and extending it forward an inch or two so it will clear the the box

#51 crazirob

crazirob

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

thanks jamie its geting there lol not decided all my minis so far have been red but i want to go different this time so mite go for vxr blue and white

ASBO ORANGE !!!! with a pearl roof ;)

#52 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

i was thinking of orange going to look into a few coloures befor i decide

#53 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

Choped the front off today i managed to get it off with out damaging it :lol: i had to look at it for around 10 minits befor i made a cut lol iv gon 1 step forword 3 steps back been cracking on with the body work I hate body work O_O because im wating for the mini tec to arrive im going to start beefing up the shell next week wen i got money for welding wire had to have a look at what the engine looked like in the bay so i dangeld it off the crain and had a quick look :shifty:

#55 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

Your halfway there if you was modifying your mini subframe to take the honda lump! still amazes me how people do it with the original subframe, ALOT of work needed but but its still loadsa trial n error

You'll be glad when your subframe comes through!

Good work on the front end, looks nice and clean

Edited by Kam, 20 January 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#56 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

thanks kam it is mad how people do the standerd subframe I was going to have a go but in the end i thout F**k it and decided to buy one

it will be a realy nice day wen the subframe arrives hope it dont take to long but it got loads to get on with at the minit as my bulk head has already been cut i was thinking i may as well chop it sum more to fit the manifold will have a go at doing the pedal box in the week

front end came of nice as i choped it off with the innder wings so there was less cuting of the wing i can trim all that down now its on the floor

#57 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

Did minitec ive you a tracking number because if they have check where it is , because mine got to england in days then customs had it and i had to realy keep pushing them , to get it relased they take forever if u dont .

#58 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

yea they sent me a tracking number i will have a look at where it is how much did you have to pay customs

#59 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

my bulk head has already been cut i was thinking i may as well chop it sum more to fit the manifold will have a go at doing the pedal box in the week

Do you need to chop any more from the bulkhead? I aint got a clue on these turbo boxes and how deep they get cut but you might have enough? Bit of a pain waiting for the frame I know before you find out but might save you some unnecessary work in the meantime, check out Pauls build and see if you can gauge it by that

Speaking of paul, when I was waiting for a part from minitec he told me to chase it up with parcelforce, sure enough it got posted and even customs quickly cleared it but parcelforce where holding onto it for quite some time......

#60 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

yea they sent me a tracking number i will have a look at where it is how much did you have to pay customs

I think it was the vat i had to pay so thats 20 percent of what it cost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users