325 replies to this topic

#76 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

Quick update striped the back subframe off today that was scrap took every thing off this shell now and so far im realy happy with it tried my door and that fits nice needs a tweek but not worryed about that yet gona be working on it flat out now as i want a mini to go to the riv run in the shell needs a new half boot floor valance and a repaire on the scuttle thats the worst dun mini tec should be hear friday as i rang up and re aranged the delivery as i got the day off friday :)

Posted Image

#77 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

had a call of customs today aganie they now want a delivery charge £95.00 as they say they will need a pallet truck to bring it to my door thats a hole meter from the road im not paying that so im going to pick it up friday its only 50 milles away so i can do it my self for £25 and thats paying the bridge as well

#78 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Your trying to get this ready for the riv run? :ohno: fair play mate fair play! :mrcool:

#79 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Posted Imagei now what you mean kam dont think it will happen but i dont wana go in a starlet it wont be the same any way got sum good progress mini tec is hear :) i have test fitted it with the engine looks mint gona be flat out on it all weekend do most of the welding apart from the boot as i dont have the panel Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#80 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi jonny , the alternator should really go in after the engine has ,when I fitted mine I had to grind away a little of the inner wing to get it to fit , if you look through some of my photos you should be able to see. But best way is bolt the bracket to the engine then the alternator should just fit . Good to see another minitec build , if it's any help I can pm u my mobile number if u hid any snags wich I can help with .

#81 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

hi paul wouldnt mind if you pm d me your number as long as you dont mind i tried to fit the bracket to the engine after it was in the car and it just wouldnt go down the hole im gona take the hole lot back out tomorow to finish the mods in the engine bay and clean it all up i havnt cut much of the left had inner wing away yet just trimed it off so the kit would fit

#82 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

rite got allot dun this week thanks to paul i now have the rite engine mount great work there paul realy happy with it the new mount moved the engine ferther forword and closer up the altinator now fits with room i have built one drive shaft as i need a pot for the other side and got it rolling to set the engine up wen i went to fit my coilovers they where fowling on the brackets but they are both labeld left and right but wen i tried them the other way round they seemed to fit allot better dont now if in america they have there left and right backwords or sum thing but my suspenshion is all over the place at the minit so wen thats set up it may be better

i got a pair of terbo brakes wich i have had for a wile but wen i looked at them one of the bleed nipels is snaped off any one got any good ideas how to remove it i have also painted up my hubs with a lick of silver paint

#83 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#84 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

i wouldn't worry too much about that bleed nipple mate, aslong as you bleed your brakes from the highest point you should be fine :)

#85 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

Id get a set of easyouts and get that bleed nipple out mate , bit dodgy leaving it like that

#86 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

But surly if its tight then it would be better to leave it be as if you make a mess trying to get it out then it will create more of a problem ? was only a surgestion as the same bleed nipple snapped off on my caliper and so far ive had no problems from just leaving it.

#87 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

rite thout i should spend some time welding my shell up it wasnt as solid as i first thout lol but with any mini unless you stab it with a screwdriver a few times you dont now what its like i have replaced the drivers side sill and patched the n/s sill i sould have replaced it realy as it has like 5 patches i may change it wen i get a few pound spare have also put a new half boot fllor in there as that was compleatly gon and i didnt want my shoping falling out wen im driving around town lol that also had around 8 holes in it but i coverd them with about 4 patches i think it is true to say RUST NEVER SLEEPS i had that sticker on my last mini and defo think its going on this one i have put a new valance on it but need a new boot hindge panel but tha can be changes later on

going to put fuel lined on it tommorow and finish weld and paint the mini tec rhd convershion box then i will rill it back over and i think im going to do a bulk head mod just to speed things up and so i can move on with geting it running

#88 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#89 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

cut my bulk head away today decided it was the best way to go about it also i finished all the welding underneath finishe painting under neath wen to b&q and they had no 8mm copper pipe so i will have to do that later on wen i get money i will to buy a boot hindge panel as thats wrotten test fittet my nex exhaust as well and its mega low

#90 johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users