#16 LiamB

LiamB

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

Ouch.

Must have been hard:( Hurts seeing a Mini like that.

#17 joshspragg

joshspragg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Local Club: M4 minis

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

i will kick right off if my insurance goes up, not far that people who CAN drive have to pay for because muppets dont pay attention. if it was my fault then i'd accept it and i'd happily pay more. and the nurse just told me straight that it was whiplash. so i'm taking her word for it.

#18 Pitcrew6464

Pitcrew6464

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 racing club

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

happy your alright its fixable, highlights even more that we ALL need to make sure we get those 3rd brakelights fitted!!!!! to help those stupid people behind us not hit us :(

#19 the_r_sole

the_r_sole

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

i will kick right off if my insurance goes up, not far that people who CAN drive have to pay for because muppets dont pay attention. if it was my fault then i'd accept it and i'd happily pay more. and the nurse just told me straight that it was whiplash. so i'm taking her word for it.

put your details into a comparison site without the accident and see what the premiums are, and then change your details to include a no-fault accident with some value to the repairs and see what happens to the premiums - I went a bit radge also!

#20 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

if you can, you should see if he will pay for the damage directly (i.e. not involving the insurance compaines) I had a similar thing and my next insurance premium increased by a good 400 quid even with the accident being a non-fault accident - bloody nightmare!
Or if he does want to go through the insurance just make sure you lodge a whiplash claim to offset the premium increase... :sneaky: (wish i had realised this when it happened to me)

That attitude is why insurance is so high in the first place!

Beat me to it. If someone is genuinely injured, and it does affect them, compensation should be paid. But everyone claims for whiplash too easily and is one of the factors (along with fake claims, deliberate crashes etc) insurance costs so much.

I know you say the nurse has told you, but that doesn't mean much to me. I imagine that any claim through insurance for whiplash must be confirmed by a doctor/nurse, and yet England has a claim rate about 5 times higher (I think that's what they said anyway, if the figures are off I apologise) than Scotland for whiplash?

I do hope the car gets sorted and like suggested, it might be worth going through him directly for the costs. If it costs a lot though he'll probably say no, go through insurance.

I do think it very unfair that if someone is the victim in an accident that they pay higher premiums, and I think it should be illegal. The insurance companies can say what they want, but being rear ended does not make you more of a risk, there is absolutely no way to know it can happen again.

#21 joshspragg

joshspragg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Local Club: M4 minis

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

but when i wake up tomorrow or the day after feeling like hell and i got get up and go to work properly does that still mean i cant get whiplash? everyone i know whos had whiplash has always said its the day after you feel it. so wait til tomorrow if a claim for whiplash is worth it

#22 the_r_sole

the_r_sole

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

if you can, you should see if he will pay for the damage directly (i.e. not involving the insurance compaines) I had a similar thing and my next insurance premium increased by a good 400 quid even with the accident being a non-fault accident - bloody nightmare!
Or if he does want to go through the insurance just make sure you lodge a whiplash claim to offset the premium increase... :sneaky: (wish i had realised this when it happened to me)

That attitude is why insurance is so high in the first place!

Beat me to it. If someone is genuinely injured, and it does affect them, compensation should be paid. But everyone claims for whiplash too easily and is one of the factors (along with fake claims, deliberate crashes etc) insurance costs so much.

I know you say the nurse has told you, but that doesn't mean much to me. I imagine that any claim through insurance for whiplash must be confirmed by a doctor/nurse, and yet England has a claim rate about 5 times higher (I think that's what they said anyway, if the figures are off I apologise) than Scotland for whiplash?

I do hope the car gets sorted and like suggested, it might be worth going through him directly for the costs. If it costs a lot though he'll probably say no, go through insurance.

I do think it very unfair that if someone is the victim in an accident that they pay higher premiums, and I think it should be illegal. The insurance companies can say what they want, but being rear ended does not make you more of a risk, there is absolutely no way to know it can happen again.

obviously you are morally correct about this - all i'm saying is that i know i could have claimed whiplash when someone ran into the back of me as i was off work for a few days - however all i claimed for is my train fare and a night in a hotel - my morals cost me almost 400 quid on insurance an all the hassle/cost involved getting a new car!

#23 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

I wasn't saying that you don't have whiplash, but I am sure a lot of people that have accidents don't have it. Do your seats have head rests?

#24 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

Is the boot floor damaged/bent at all or is it just the bootlid and rear panel?

#25 richw911

richw911

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

Really sorry to hear this >_< :ohno:

Fair bit of damage Looks like the rear quarter is creased too.

#26 yeti21586

yeti21586

He's A Lumberjack And He's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,714 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Local Club: None

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

but when i wake up tomorrow or the day after feeling like hell and i got get up and go to work properly does that still mean i cant get whiplash? everyone i know whos had whiplash has always said its the day after you feel it. so wait til tomorrow if a claim for whiplash is worth it

a friend of mine didnt no she had whiplash untill 2 years after the accident her body had been hiding it, so i dont think it matters when it shows

YetI

#27 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

If your necks bothering you in the morning get straight back to A&E or at the very least your GP, its true you tend to feel it more the day after and you need to keep an eye on it. Plus being a cynic its best to have a record of it incase it causes you long term problems and a valid claim is called for

#28 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

Yes it has, I didnt spot that at first. If it goes through the insurance i am pretty sure it will be a write off :(

#29 richw911

richw911

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Yes it has, I didnt spot that at first. If it goes through the insurance i am pretty sure it will be a write off :(

Agreed :(

#30 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

[obviously you are morally correct about this - all i'm saying is that i know i could have claimed whiplash when someone ran into the back of me as i was off work for a few days - however all i claimed for is my train fare and a night in a hotel - my morals cost me almost 400 quid on insurance an all the hassle/cost involved getting a new car!

I agree it is bitterly unfair. But I don't think insurance companies should be allowed to charge a higher premium if you have an accident that is not your fault, its a rip off. I also think that if you source a new car, you should indicate your choice of vehicle to the insurance company, and if it is the same as the one you had previously (or as close as can be), they should pay the full cost, even if it is more than what they claim yours was worth.

I think insurance in general has got to the stage where it is a joke. In some cases, it can take ridiculous amounts of time to sort out claims. My sister was in a craah with a young lad on a motorbike. It was his fault, absolutely no question. There were several witnesses to it, all who said exactly the same thing as to what happened, she had to be cut out of the car, and the Police were going to prosecute him for dangerous riding. And yet when it came to insurance, he is trying to make a counter claim against her saying that she caused him injury and damage to his bike. what the hell?! I know a couple of people who have had to wait two or three years for the money they are owed because some scum bag is trying to counter claim or some rubbish?! Sometimes accidents do need investigating and they are genuine 50-50 blame, but in the ones where it is clear cut they should sort themselves out and speed it all up.

I am not suggesting for one second that you are one of these scum bags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users